TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The Potentially Posh Peterborough Prattle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A good win for them last night against a fellow playoff side. They have an outside chance of the autos and they’re at home.

We need to keep our clean sheet numbers up, away from home.

0-2
P'boro have a lot of goals in them - the biggest hitters of the league and I think they will find a way to breach our defence. But we have a lot of options in players and formations and a manager who, despite his inexperience, has a bit more nous than the ones we've had recently. He will go for a win and we will score.
Ultimately though, 2-2.
The goals have dried up lately away from home, but I think that there'll be a few in this one. I'm quietly confident and very much looking forward to it. 
3-2Pompey
(14-03-2024, 05:20 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]A good win for them last night against a fellow playoff side. They have an outside chance of the autos and they’re at home.

0-2
I think we’ll lose this one , we’ve looked toothless away recently
Score draw
What will have to change is how wasteful we have been in front of goal. We've created some very very presentable chances away from home and not put them away, that needs to change.
Peterborough 3-1 Pompey.

Posh have the bottom four teams to play, 3 at home. An incredibly easy run in and I think they'll win the league.

They'll be too strong for us up top.
(14-03-2024, 06:29 AM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-03-2024, 05:20 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]A good win for them last night against a fellow playoff side. They have an outside chance of the autos and they’re at home.

0-2
I think we’ll lose this one , we’ve looked toothless away recently

Stop talking tichfield
Watched the highlights of the Stevenage game and they could have been two up before Peterborough scored.

Peterborough are good up front but not too impressive elsewhere, if we play anywhere near our best we will get at least a point imo.
(14-03-2024, 08:55 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]Watched the highlights of the Stevenage game and they could have been two up before Peterborough scored.

Peterborough are good up front but not too impressive elsewhere, if we play anywhere near our best we will get at least a point imo.

The problem we have is Raggett and Sparkes will be playing against Poku, Mason Clarke, Randall and probably Clarke Harris.
(14-03-2024, 09:02 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-03-2024, 08:55 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]Watched the highlights of the Stevenage game and they could have been two up before Peterborough scored.

The problem we have is Raggett and Sparkes will be playing against Poku, Mason Clarke, Randall and probably Clarke Harris.

Raggett and Sparkes make up 2/4 of the best back 4 in the division. 

We have taken 14 points from a possible 18 against the rest of the teams in the top 6 so far, not a single loss. That will continue.
(14-03-2024, 09:40 AM)RavoPFC Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-03-2024, 09:02 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Raggett and Sparkes make up 2/4 of the best back 4 in the division. 

We have taken 14 points from a possible 18 against the rest of the teams in the top 6 so far, not a single loss. That will continue.

Lost their midfield maestro for a couple of games last night,the Greek sounding fella.Mouse will have worked a way to get at them.Thought they were pretty ordinary as well v Stevenage.We should let them worry about us .
We beat P'boro, Derby & Bolton draw. Happy days.
I watched it last night on Sky, nothing to worry about IMO.
Great thing about this is even if we lose there will still be a 5 or 6 point gap between us and 3rd spot. Win it and its 8 or 9 what a great position to be in with 7 games to play.
With Barnsley game off this feels like a really important one (if it wasn't already!). Wouldn't want Derby leapfrogging us at this stage even if we had a game in hand. Can do without that extra pressure.
(14-03-2024, 11:16 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I watched it last night on Sky, nothing to worry about IMO.

You could say any posh fans watching our game on Tuesday wouldn't have been too impressed either. To be fair, everytime this team is under pressure it steps up so I think anything could happen.

Weird that the third man hasn't been specifically mentioned. It really does show how tight thr squad is at the moment that this buys us a bit more time for players to return.
Peterborough attendance last night, 7504, Shocking, I think the 3900 we are taking Saturday will spur us on to a good performance and at least a draw a win would be amazing.
I’d be happy with a draw . 1 more point towards the ultimate goal . All games are cup finals now till end of season . Tough run in for us
For anyone driving up to the posh, remember that the M25 is closed around the A3 junction all weekend. A34 will save you about 3 hours.
Just had a quick peep at the Posh forum. 

They DO seem overly concerned about missing Kyprianou - suggestions run from : - changing the team/
    the back four / 
        just the right back/
             reconfiguring the mid-field/
                 re-mowing the grass,  
                    or trusting the Pompey supporters don't make too much noise !!
Take a draw be handy if bolton and derby drew as well
With the A3/M25 Roadworks I'm going to be going M3, A34 up to Northampton then A45 to Peterborough
(15-03-2024, 12:57 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]For anyone driving up to the posh, remember that the M25 is closed around the A3 junction all weekend. A34 will save you about 3 hours.

Current advice, and please nobody read this whilst holding a hot cup of tea, is to take the train instead. A near 4,000 travelling up the A34, which is usually carnage on a Saturday anyway, is going to be awful. I hope our team are already up there because it's going to be a joke tomorrow.

This country is un-fecking believable at the moment.
Looking like a draw to me if we can stiffle their attack.

Need to take our chances though.

1-1 for me.
Pages: 1 2