TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: An unlikely promotion for an unthinkable FA Cup win
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A good day for fans in both the blue half and red half of  Hampshire made me wonder...... if someone offered you our automatic promotion this year on condition that them lot won the cup, would you take it?
No..........I want the one pot w@nk@s to win eff all.

When the history of South Coast football is written, Portsmouth Football Club is it.
The bottle jobs have advanced in the cup just as they go into a run of April fixtures that are essential for them to win to stay up.

Those players aren't going to want to put their foot in and jeopardise a Wembley outing for themselves.

I see them continuing their nose dive in April and then facing an almighty fucking battle to stay up against hard teams in May.
I think They're safe. As for the spirit of ’76 it'll be more like '03, even if They get that far.
If the odds are long enough I will be putting a few Bob on scyum to wni it.

Did that in 77 and made a killing sweetened the pill some what
Unfortunately, I think they have a good chance.They only need another couple of points to allay relegation fears which means Ralph will be putting out his strongest side. In addition they have players coming back from injuries and he has made it clear it is his priority. 
I can still remember how bad it felt back in 1976. We went in the Greyhound in Leigh Park that evening and the atmosphere was like a morgue. 
For that reason, given the choice, I'd rather wait another year for promotion.
I lived just up the road from the Greyhound but drowned my sorrows at home.
Can you really see Them beating Chelsea, United, or City?
Fvck them, hope they get battered next round, lose league points for some unknown repercussion and get relegated ( year after year). One can always live in hope
They are a festering wart on the backside of southern England, fek em.
I'm with Smirnoffexpress and bluetagagain on this one!
(21-03-2021, 09:36 AM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]Can you really see Them beating Chelsea, United, or City?

I think the top six of the Premier league always see it as a distraction and will field weakened sides. City will be going for the Champions League and the others will want to secure their top four places.
(21-03-2021, 12:28 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-03-2021, 09:36 AM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]Can you really see Them beating Chelsea, United, or City?

I think the top six of the Premier league always see it as a distraction and will field weakened sides. City will be going for the Champions League and the others will want to secure their top four places.

Citeh’s second team would beat that shower.
I'd take it, promotion for us would be the ultimate, I could mentally block out everything else
I couldn’t, I still cannot forgive Bobby Stokes, a Pompey lad scoring the winner to give them the only thing they have ever won. Karma, would be that little quisling coont Ward Prowse doing the same for them this year.
(21-03-2021, 03:54 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn’t, I still cannot forgive Bobby Stokes, a Pompey lad scoring the winner to give them the only thing they have ever won. Karma, would be that little quisling coont Ward Prowse doing the same for them this year.

Bobby thought he was off-side, which he was, so is forgiven.
If he was a real Pompey boy he would have put the shot high,wide or in his own net. Anything but give those coonts anything to celebrate!
In his own net  Big Grin

It's ok, it's going to be a Leicester v Man City final
(21-03-2021, 04:02 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-03-2021, 03:54 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn’t, I still cannot forgive Bobby Stokes, a Pompey lad scoring the winner to give them the only thing they have ever won. Karma, would be that little quisling coont Ward Prowse doing the same for them this year.

Bobby thought he was off-side, which he was, so is forgiven.

You know what Bobby won for the winning goal? A car.
And he couldn't drive.
Back in 1939 the Pompey players all got a new pair of trousers each for winning the cup. Simpler times.
Hope Leicester smash them 9-0 again......... after which, I hope the hoofers get smashed 9-0 in the final by Man City!!
That 9 nil score could come back to bite us in the arse. Think Crystal Palace, didn’t they get mullered by Liverpool in the league and then beat Liverpool in a semi.
The best outcome would be for them to get Chelsea in the final. Then lose 9-0 ( ok then 10-0) and for Mason (Pompey boy) Mount to get all the goals. Might just have to have a celebratory beer if that happened!
It's such a shame. Seems to be an annual thing that the Scummers look safe, only to have an almighty melt-down in form - but to be denied relegation because there are always 3 teams of cripples so far adrift of everyone else.
Point of order, if I can't say Eskimo any more I'm pretty sure you can't say cripple either
Pages: 1 2