TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Robertson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Extract from Aussie Sports website WA.

‘ sources close to Robertson say he is likely to seek a permanent move away from City this summer in search of senior minutes – probably to a team in the Championship, and quite possibly to Portsmouth’.
Yes please.
Yes please.
He doesn't score often enough for me.
Neither does Pack but he still makes a difference.
We won't be able to afford him. City will easily get 8 to 10 mill for him.
(21-04-2024, 01:48 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]We won't be able to afford him. City will easily get 8 to 10 mill for him.

That’s crazy money for an unproven young player. Ever wonder so many clubs in this league struggle with their finances
Don’t think he’d fetch that but it’s true Bazunu went for millions
(21-04-2024, 01:48 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]We won't be able to afford him. City will easily get 8 to 10 mill for him.

Not quite sure how or why you think man city would get close to £10m for a player whos only played 25 career games (at league one level) with one year left on his contract. Absolutely no chance he goes for that much. Will more likely be around a million with added clauses depending on performance and future sale.

They sold a 25 year old midfielder last year to Girona who had 150+ career appearances for €5m as a comparison.
I think something closer to 5 million would be more likely with City having some sort of buy back clause.
I too worry about the goal threat, but would use him in the deep two rather than as a 10 for just that reason.
Hes worth a million max! And thats being generous! Give citeh a massive sell on fee and first refusal on a buy back. 

Bazunu was a total waste of money. Only a retarded pony fucker would pay £10m for a dodgy L1 keeper.
 Oh...hang on...
(21-04-2024, 10:31 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Hes worth a million max! And thats being generous! Give citeh a massive sell on fee and first refusal on a buy back. 

This is more of my feeling towards it that ive been trying to get across. No way will city be getting £5m+ for him. Will be a lot lower fee with a big sell on clause.
Are we likely to want to pay £1m for any player this summer? Not sure.
(22-04-2024, 10:42 AM)PompeyBlue15 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-04-2024, 10:31 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Hes worth a million max! And thats being generous! Give citeh a massive sell on fee and first refusal on a buy back. 

This is more of my feeling towards it that ive been trying to get across. No way will city be getting £5m+ for him. Will be a lot lower fee with a big sell on clause.

Robertson is highly rated at City ... I can't see them selling him yet unless someone like Everton offered them 10m or such (and they were watching him). 

But we have every chance of getting him back on loan if they decide to loan him out again.
Much as I like him, I’d be very surprised if he makes it at City
(22-04-2024, 11:54 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Much as I like him, I’d be very surprised if he makes it at City

So would I, unless they get relegated of course. 

But they run their production line of young players to make the maximum profit to help comply to FFP. There are no bargains to be had, and they don't sell until they are sure.  A full international like Robertson will go for about 5-10 million, or even more if a premiership club comes in.
(22-04-2024, 11:51 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-04-2024, 10:42 AM)PompeyBlue15 Wrote: [ -> ]

Robertson is highly rated at City ... I can't see them selling him yet unless someone like Everton offered them 10m or such (and they were watching him). 

But we have every chance of getting him back on loan if they decide to loan him out again.

10 million is surely highly unlikely when he is in the last year of his contract. Him now being 21 also means he counts towards the number of loan players City are allowed to have out at one time whereas this season he didn't count towards that as he was under 21 and had been at City more than two years. So that would need to be taken into consideration too. 

The noises Mousinho has been making suggests the club feel they have a realistic chance of getting him back next season one way or another.
I would love it love it if Robertson wanted to come back. Could even pay citeh a loan fee of 500k and then get him on a free when his contract expires.

He'll be small fry for a club like them. Most important factor is if the player wants to come back.
Out of our price range at £5M. Would have to be a loan fee with no recall or it's onto other targets
(22-04-2024, 01:43 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I would love it love it if Robertson wanted to come back. Could even pay citeh a loan fee of 500k and then get him on a free when his contract expires.

He'll be small fry for a club like them. Most important factor is if the player wants to come back.

Surely city wont loan him out if hes not going to sign a new contract, would just mean they will lose him for nothing next June. They will try and sell him this summer if he wont sign a new deal!
Not sure where all this £8-10 million value comes from but City sold the equally rated Morgan Rogers last summer for £1 million at the same age having played four times as many games as Robertson, many of which were in the Championship. If Robertson does decide he needs a permanent move the transfer fee is likely to be a lot less than £8-10 million although possibly a lot more than Pompey would be willing to pay.
If he waits 18 months or so he can play for City in the Championship - if the authorities have the minerals.
(22-04-2024, 02:39 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Out of our price range at £5M. Would have to be a loan fee with no recall or it's onto other targets

I think they might be tempted to pay that given that he has the potential for very high sell on value. 

I believe Anjorin's contract rins out in 2025 too, but he is reportedly on 25 grand or more a week so is unlikely to walk away from that. He might come back to us on loan and it is a make or break season for him next time really in terms of having any chance of making it at the top. 22 years of age now and he injuries have blighted his career, he needs a season where he plays most of the games and does well.
Too rich for my blood north of £2M but full confidence in the judgement of this board
Pages: 1 2