TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Thirty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would that be enough points to take us up automatically?

Ever the optimist.

We played like a top team yesterday (at least,  the first half)
True but incredibly I was really nervous expecting the worst after their goal. That’s what four years of Jackett does to you
The team themselves kept their composure
Better than I did! I couldn't believe how long the second half lasted. Ironically, it didn't feel like that against Ipswich, they saw out the game really well then too.
9 mins of injury time...where did that come from??
It was like watching a completely different side, Ben Close on the ball...wow!!
(28-03-2021, 07:12 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]True but incredibly I was really nervous expecting the worst after their goal. That’s what four years of Jackett does to you

Yeah.. years of abuse stays with you.. hopefully not for life.. ha ha Wink
To answer the gentleman's question, 90 has been about average for the past eight years but this year it would be a bit below that for second place - maybe 86. You're still looking at us having to win pretty much all ten of our remaining games to hit the mark. Such a feat would smash all club records.
But lowering sights a little how many for at least 6th place? 75 maybe? 78 surely would be enough with our GD probably being better than most. So let's say 20 pts from 10 games. 6 wins 2 draws 2 defeats.
Eight wins minimum
With our run-in, 8 wins is possible but everything might need to be in our favour, biggest risks are that key players get injured or we pick up some straight Reds.

Easter (H to Rochdale, A to Wigan, H to Burton) should be 7 or 9 points
After Easter, 3 away games in a row (Crewe, Mk Dons, Swindon)  another 7-9 points
The Run-in, H Bristol Rvrs, A Accy, A Wimbledon, H Accy - Win all 4

Difficult of course but if everything breaks for us, eminently possible.

With the momentum generated by such a run-in, Pompey might well end our ‘play-off hoodoo’.

Hopefully, Accy will be out of playoff contention and The Wombles safe so that both sides will have their holiday suitcases packed.
I'm going for a club record. Aim high!

Our run in makes it achievable.
MK Dons will be a difficult game, they’ve bought well
We have seen how dreadfully inconsistent you can be in this league and then still place. If we can buck that trend then we absolutely secure a play off position
A realistic (but challenging) total would be 80 points: 7 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses. That should comfortably see us in the playoffs.

The run in fixture list looks favourable. Just hope players stay fit and confidence continues to grow.
Who will we lose against?
MK Dons is going to be the toughest ask
Hi Guys
Have been doing some calculations regards the current top 7 teams and have produced findings, based on current form of all the teams involved and for what its worth I have concluded the following final league 1 table as follows
Top Sunderland    89 pts
       Hull              87
       Peterboro      86 
       Blackpool       81
       Pompey         80
       Lincoln          77
Doncaster would also finish on 77pts.  
I have tried to be unbiased and made what I consider to be a realistic assessment in all cases, however with Sunderland having difficult games such as Peterboro away, Hull away and Blackpool home and away and all those three being involved in the promotion chase, then who knows what can happen. Also of course Hull, Peterboro and Blackpool have to play Lincoln
If Pompey can manage somehow to win all remaining games (not impossible but unlikely) then there is an outside chance of pipping the others at the post to gain automatic promotion.  
Yes I am an optimist, but do you think my predictions are any where near reality. I think I'll get me another Gin & Tonic.
Why MK? Lost 3-0 to Wigan.

Interested to know how you thought those results for Sunderland are going to go. I actually think they will fall away.
Yeah, Sunderland have some games against the current Top 9 - Home to Oxford, Charlton, Accrington and Blackpool and Away to Posh, Blackpool, Hull.

Blackpool have Top 9 games as well - Home to Accrington, Sunderland and Donny and Away to Lincoln and Sunderland

Donny Top 9 games - Home to Charlton and Posh and Away at Accrington, Posh and Blackpool

Oxford Top 9 games - Home to Accrington and Away Sunderland

Charlton Top 9 games - Home to Lincoln, Ipswich, Posh, Hull and Away to Donny, Sunderland and Accrington

Lincoln Top 9 games - Home to Blackpool and Hull Away to Charlton, Posh

Oxford and Pompey appear to have the most straightforward run-ins and I am pleased to see our Play-off rivals involved in so many 6 pointers, who knows, keep our winning streak going and the Autos are a possibility (although I feel that Hull and Posh are in the position of having to fail to let us or anybody else in).
I'm of the playoofs are most likely but coming off a good run we might actually lay our playoff hoodoo.

Would fans be allowed for the final? If so that would be the best way to go up this season, promotion with no fans seems empty to me.
Only nine wins to get now.

It’s getting easier. We needed 12, when Jackett left.
Down to eight wins in a row, now.

Getting easier and easier.
This is were we might start missing having a full stadium behind us and others may benefit.
I think it asking a lot tbh for Autos. A 3 match swing in our favour & we have to keep winning for that to happen. But what the Cowleys have achieved so far is getting us back into the play off picture & giving us real hope that we can go into the playoffs in great form. Anything else is a bonus.
(06-04-2021, 11:40 AM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]I think it asking a lot tbh for Autos. A 3 match swing in our favour & we have to keep winning for that to happen. But what the Cowleys have achieved so far is getting us back into the play off picture & giving us real hope that we can go into the playoffs in great form. Anything else is a bonus.

I reckon Sunderland will win the league just ahead of Hull.  Peterboro, Blackpool and us in any order for 3rd, 4th & 5th, with 6th up for grabs but I hope Lincoln hold on because they deserve it for the season they've had. If not, Charlton or Gillingham could take advantage.
Pages: 1 2