TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MacGillivray

Johnson, Whatmough, Raggett, Daniels
Naylor, White
Harness, Williams, Curtis
Marquis

Subs: Ward, Downing, Bolton, Nicolaisen, Cannon, Byers, Stanley
White is an interesting pick. Its a shame they cannot rest Naylor but unless we played absolutely brilliantly passing wise his absence would be a big concern defensively.
Both Downing and Nico on the bench, surprised to see two CBS, is Cowley expecting trouble in the centre of our back four ?
They are cover for Raggetino who will go up top in place of John Maquis if he hasn't scored within the first 10 minutes.

Seriously, we do have a lack of experienced to bring on from the bench.
considering going 532? Apparently Daniels has played wing back previously (amazingly enough given his lack of pace)
30 minutes in. Not exactly inspiring so far. Dull and 2nd best to MK. Pompey are a difficult watch. Need a goal from somewhere. Maybe Curtis has the space today.
(17-04-2021, 12:01 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]30 minutes in. Not exactly inspiring so far. Dull and 2nd best to MK. Pompey are a difficult watch. Need a goal from somewhere. Maybe Curtis has the space today.

we seem to be defending very deep inside our own area leaving them room on the edge of our box. I'm finding the iplayer pictures very fuzzy today but am struggling to actually see White at all.
He's just given away a free kick in dodgy position but they put it wide.
disaster. Play offs disappearing into the mist
belly flop. Daniels is far too experienced to get suckered like that
Today we might just as well play with 9 men because Harness and Williams just do not bring anything to the party. Anyone who things those 2 contribute anything positive to the team really must be watching a different game to me. Unfortunately this shows how bad the youth players must be that they can’t put pressure on those two. In 55 yrs of watching Pompey they would definitely make my worst 11 to wear the shirt.
Courtney Pitt?
We're being outpassed and outmaneuvered in midfield, perhaps defending too deep . We are missing Close so much with Naylor struggling and White out of the game for long periods. We're so lucky to be only one down, after clearing two off the line in a matter of seconds. 

Also why don't we play in blue, always either orange or white away. BLUE IS THE  COLOUR
Whilst I won't go as far as that about them, I have to agree that they bring nothing to the party on far too many occasions. At best we can say they flatter to deceive. The problem is, who else have we got?
one interesting stat. Their keeper has made 3 saves so far. To me we can win this Marquis looks on it. Just need to sort out central midfield, probably with Close coming on maybe even B too.
Close is out injured.
oh dear. MK hit bar in first minute 2nd half. Doesn't seem our half time team talk has worked!! Can someone find some positives????
I did wonder why Close wasn't playing, ta. The only positives I can see are that Jack still looks a class above and Marquis looks up for it today.
2 goals for the win? Sadly very unlikely.
Curtis, Marquis, Harness need bloody fining for impersonating footballers.
Harness first touch for a professional footballer is dreadful. Frustrates the hell out of me.
This is unwatchable rubbish at the moment. Same as under jackett except now we haven't got anyone to hurl abuse at!!
As things stand if Oxford win later today Pompey will be out of the play off places yet again.

Deebo

Poor ball control again leading to another sending off.
(17-04-2021, 01:11 PM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: [ -> ]As things stand if Oxford win later today Pompey will be out of the play off places yet again.

or a charlton goal does the same I think. 1 point from 9, desperately poor football, no discipline, almost back to where we were under jackett.
Pages: 1 2