TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Big Mac
Johnson Bolton Raggett Brown
              Naylor Nicolaisen
                       Close
           Harness Byers Curtis
I think he will revert to back 4 so Bolton won't play. I am certain Marquis will play again. Deep Joy!

Deebo

If he was to stop charging around their back four like a wounded rhino when they have the ball and use some of the energy saved to try and make some space for himself when we are in possession then things would probably work out better for him.
(27-04-2021, 11:21 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Big Mac
Johnson Bolton Raggett Brown
              Naylor Nicolaisen
                       Close
           Harness Byers Curtis

Niclolaisen in midfield is an interesting idea, but can you imagine the pelting Jackett would have got if he had picked that team with 5 defenders and 5 midfield players and no proper strikers ?? 

I'm expectng
McG
Johnson Raggett Nicolaisen Brown
Naylor Close
Harness Byers Curtis
Marquis 

If Brown is not fit it will probably be unchanged from Saturday.  

Playing 442 would make sense against a team like Accrington but not sure how you can fit Byers into a 442 and it would be harsh to drop him after Saturday.
Unfortunately, he's the only real striker we have so will have to play unless injured.

If he can just hold up the ball & bring midfield & wingers into play that would help.

Any shots or headers are a bonus!
OK, so for no good reason except it's been so long since he scored... Marquis to score 2 tonight n a 2-1 win. Charlton to win but Blackpool to lose.
No way will Nicolaisen play in midfield.

Mac
Johnson
Rags
The Dane
Brown
Naylor
White
Byers
Williams
Curtis
Marquis
I think charging round is just what the Cowleys expect of the attacking players when the opposition have the ball.
352 tonight
No Lee Brown again. Hoping the starting 11 can do the business as the bench looks threadbare.
(27-04-2021, 05:26 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]352 tonight

Yep

He is sticking with Saturday's 352 but with Bolton at the back and Johnson right wing back instead of Williams. 

Makes sense to be slightly more defensive away from home.
Another of those apparently must win games where you go for it and lose, but sometimes other results go your way and you end up wishing you had got a point. Not easy to approach with the right balance of attack. An early Pompey goal would be so welcome tonight.

Deebo

(27-04-2021, 05:26 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I think charging round is just what the Cowleys expect of the attacking players when the opposition have the ball.

Pretty sure they’d gladly swap any amount of his ineffective pressing for a goal. I always thought that's what forwards are on the pitch for.
(27-04-2021, 05:29 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]No Lee Brown again. Hoping the starting 11 can do the business as the bench looks threadbare.

Hardly with Williams, Cannon & White on the bench.

All can score.
0-1 Pathetic defence again, but the mistake set up by yet another useless Marquis headless-chicken screw-up
Well yes, but Cannon's injured and the other two contribute precious little match on match. Uninspiring like the performance so far. We can change some midfielders around but we can't change anything about the style or set-up. williams, cannon and white for Harness, close and byers doesn't actually change anything.
(27-04-2021, 06:18 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]0-1 Pathetic defence again, but the mistake set up by yet another useless Marquis headless-chicken screw-up

Defence is so weak nowadays. Marquis missed another one. My grandmother could have scored that.
Marquis, a yard out, no-one in front of him, and misses the goal. Get him off now. Get Stanley on, experience for next season.
2 goals for the win (so far!). We haven’t done that for the last 6 league games. Just get this season over. Please.
This new all action fast pressing style seems to have resulted in the goals completely drying up. Not sure what that says but it's all very depressing.
(27-04-2021, 06:34 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]This new all action fast pressing style seems to have resulted in the goals completely drying up. Not sure what that says but it's all very depressing.

again tonight we have the better balls into the box then the other side scores. We need a fox in the box and Marquis ain't on it at the moment.
Accy already wasting time playing for a draw, and who can blame them. Laughable, Marquis just had a shot from corner of goal area that was so weak and misdirected that my 6-year-old grandson could have done better.
Time to take risks as defeat tonight ends the season surely. Put Stanley up front with marquis and hope for the best perhaps.
(27-04-2021, 06:38 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Time to take risks as defeat tonight ends the season surely. Put Stanley up front with marquis and hope for the best perhaps.

don't think many of us would argue with you right now (except some would get Marquis off)
well all totally academic now. I have lost faith in the team and the managers
Pages: 1 2