TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: What’s in the bargain bin today Danny?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just thought I’d start a thread about freebies/ loanees and the out of contracts we’re supposedly interested in, as this would appear the area that we’re trying to recruit from.
Today’s offerings appear to be Gassan Ahadme who is having a try before you buy( just joking)/ loan. He’s from Norwich and banged in a hat Rick against the mighty Hawks.

Also,Akin Odimayo is another freebie we’re looking at ( from Swindon), a CB apparently.

It appears we’re no longer interested in Abdul Abdulmalik because he would cost us a fee, likewise Layton Ndukwu of Leicester.

It’s also nice to see potential transfers choosing MK Dons over us . PUP.
From reports I heard on the hawks game, our starting XI were far worse than the triallists!

Not quite sure what the point of having young triallists is, if we know we're not going to pay tribunal fees.

We are a long way from having a competitive squad but there's also a long way to go before the season starts. As hot-chocolate put it: I believe in miracles! It'll take one to get a decent team together with our budget.
If we want a prepared squad to hit the ground running we need all signings in now.
(15-07-2021, 04:33 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]If we want a prepared squad to hit the ground running we need all signings in now.

Well Harrison is back from injury, we can all relax now  Smile .
What bothers me is Danny Cowley's insistence that he intends to build the squad with a number of worthwhile loanees. I really don't buy into going in that direction at all. He may have been successful at it with Lincoln but all I can say is he must have been lucky. For me most loanees are available because they have not made the grade at their present clubs, otherwise why would they be made available. Loanees are often out on loan because they have been found to be not good enough by their clubs or they have an injury problem.  Obviously there could be exceptions e.g. Thompson from Millwall, but they are few and far between. 
Jackett spent four years bringing in a stream of loanees and 90% didn't make the grade with us or spent their time largely in the treatment room.
...a couple of dented cans of value baked beans, one with the label held on only with a large yellow 50% off - now 15p - price sticker. The Cowleys are reportedly interested, but the club think money may yet be a sticking point.
The squad we are starting with is decent enough. Adding players better than the ones who have moved on is going to be difficult. Not sure our fan base can cope with a period of building a side these days. There seems a lot of our fans who still think we are a premier league club side.
WALOB Hammie, the idea is meant to be a year on year progression. So far I don’t think that’s happening do you. Wycombe, Peterborough have been promoted in recent years so I think our expectations are realistic. I’m not asking the club to spend millions but either trust the Cowleys with a decent budget or get a manager they can trust or else sell up.
I’m really hoping we can get promoted this year , however looking at the clubs that came down plus others like Ipswich who are seriously rebuilding and actually buying players , I don’t think we will.’
Agree there Tag, add to your thoughts Bolton possibly the surprise package. But another big club to add to Shef W, Ipswich. blunderland etc.

Mid table at best methinks unless the Cowleys are much sharper than what we have seen so far.
(15-07-2021, 09:33 PM)muschi Wrote: [ -> ]Agree there Tag, add to your thoughts Bolton possibly the surprise package. But another big club to add to Shef W, Ipswich. blunderland etc.

Mid table at best methinks unless the Cowleys are much sharper than what we have seen so far.

Cowley reckons we are eight or nine still short of where he wants to be at the start of the season just a few weeks away but I see today he is saying we will have to operate with only three strikers - two of them being Harrison and Marquis. Meanwhile, we are unable to compete with MK Dons over the signing of Teddy Bishop. All of which doesn't sound encouraging. So another year of treading water looms - actually sliding further backwards. Mid-table would be my estimate too of where we will finish based on the signals coming from FP presently.
(16-07-2021, 07:07 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-07-2021, 09:33 PM)muschi Wrote: [ -> ]Agree there Tag, add to your thoughts Bolton possibly the surprise package. But another big club to add to Shef W, Ipswich. blunderland etc.

Cowley reckons we are eight or nine still short of where he wants to be at the start of the season just a few weeks away but I see today he is saying we will have to operate with only three strikers - two of them being Harrison and Marquis. Meanwhile, we are unable to compete with MK Dons over the signing of Teddy Bishop. All of which doesn't sound encouraging. So another year of treading water looms - actually sliding further backwards. Mid-table would be my estimate too of where we will finish based on the signals coming from FP presently.

I’ll just be glad to get back to the Park after a few sherbets in the pub, it’s been far too long since we could do that.
For the umpteenth time I question the Eisner's purchase of the club...what is the point?
Over the last few seasons in particular we have made it a habit to play the waiting game in the summer transfer market. There's a reason why others don't. You're never gonna win Masterchef if you're buying your ingredients at Happy Shopper whilst others are at Fortnum & Mason. I'd say you at least have to be at Waitrose to be in with a shout.
(16-07-2021, 09:08 AM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Over the last few seasons in particular we have made it a habit to play the waiting game in the summer transfer market.  There's a reason why others don't.  You're never gonna win Masterchef if you're buying your ingredients at Happy Shopper whilst others are at Fortnum & Mason.  I'd say you at least have to be at Waitrose to be in with a shout.

I think we are about Aldi-level, BW. Waitrose is just a dream.
More like Poundstretcher/Bargain Buys.
He's probably waiting for BOGOF deals Big Grin
More like Farmfoods and Primark
(16-07-2021, 08:32 AM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]For the umpteenth time I question the Eisner's purchase of the club...what is the point?

Can only think its one of the following: egotrip, plaything, live UK playstation, tax position, give Eric an interesr .........
(15-07-2021, 02:44 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Just thought I’d start a thread about freebies/ loanees and the out of contracts we’re supposedly interested in, as this would appear the area that we’re trying to recruit from.
Today’s offerings appear to be Gassan Ahadme who is having a try before you buy( just joking)/ loan. He’s from Norwich and banged in a hat Rick against the mighty Hawks.

Also,Akin Odimayo is another freebie we’re looking at ( from Swindon), a CB apparently.

It appears we’re no longer interested in Abdul Abdulmalik because he would cost us a fee, likewise Layton Ndukwu of Leicester.

Swindon are looking to offload anyone at the moment. Club is in terrible financial  state and they will be lucky to complete season.Players still awaitng wages since June and they rent ground from council and have paid no rent in 12 months!!. 
To me Pompey are just drifting along and the panic will begin at seasons start. Like any Pompey fan I wish the Cowleys well biut Im not sure they know what theyve taken on.. Managing Lincoln is one thing but Pompey has huge and passionate  support and they wont stand for league one medicocrity.I wonder how long they will last once the preesure starts.
(16-07-2021, 11:55 AM)BlueMonday Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-07-2021, 02:44 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Just thought I’d start a thread about freebies/ loanees and the out of contracts we’re supposedly interested in, as this would appear the area that we’re trying to recruit from.

Swindon are looking to offload anyone at the moment. Club is in terrible financial  state and they will be lucky to complete season.Players still awaitng wages since June and they rent ground from council and have paid no rent in 12 months!!. 
To me Pompey are just drifting along and the panic will begin at seasons start. Like any Pompey fan I wish the Cowleys well biut Im not sure they know what theyve taken on.. Managing Lincoln is one thing but Pompey has huge and passionate  support and they wont stand for league one medicocrity.I wonder how long they will last once the preesure starts.

Good shout. That Pitman fellow looks handy...
I'm going to the Hunston boot sale tomorrow; shall I look out for any players?
once the latest moneybags finish their splurge spending and the agents realise their players are looking at being unemployed, there will be a lot of decent players suddenly panicking as they realise that most clubs are in financial do do "post covid"
We will probably take a couple of the trialists and won't be far off a full squad at that stage.
AND
we might be about to sell a load of full price season tickets
Next two on the rumour radar. Jayden Reid and Steve Seddon.

Still think we need a left back a centre back, at least 2 central midfielders preferably a box to box and attacking. Also a striker (if we bin Harrison then 2 strikers), and another left winger ,( 2 right wingers/ wide midfielders if Curtis and Jacobs go).
(19-07-2021, 02:43 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Next two on the rumour radar. Jayden Reid and Steve Seddon.

Still think we need a left back a centre back, at least 2 central midfielders preferably a box to box and attacking. Also a striker (if we bin Harrison then 2 strikers), and another left winger ,( 2 right wingers/ wide midfielders if Curtis and Jacobs go).

Basically, a whole new team it sounds like!
That’s what was basically needed IMO
Pages: 1 2 3