TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Signings update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(24-07-2021, 05:16 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-07-2021, 02:00 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-07-2021, 01:19 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-07-2021, 11:26 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]How many goals have Harrison and Marquis scored so far in pre season? Correct me if im wrong but I think it's (drumroll please) ZERO.

When Ahadme is banging them in for fun in a team of trialists, H&M should be rather embarrassed, even by their standards .

Harrison was always poor. His career strike rate is something like 1:8. Marquis is a puzzle that Jackett couldn't solve. No sign as yet that Cowley is faring any better.

Gerry, you seem to be struggling somewhat with numbers in this thrread. 

The squad is currently 18 not 15. 

And Harrison has scored 1 in every 4.26 games over his career (69 in 294).  Not great but not awful for a forward whose main role is  leading the line and creating opportunities for others and nearly twice as good as your 1 in 8 claim.  He should aim for double figures every season though and has only done it three times (once for us btw).

Yup, I stand corrected Pedalo and as my penance I promise to believe that Marquis will 'come good' again this season only to suffer the taste of bitter disappointment. That do?

Gerry, it's Deep who's picking on you, not me  Wink
(24-07-2021, 05:38 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-07-2021, 03:40 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Goss, Johnson and Hackett-Fairchild on for Freeman, Williams and Harness

Freeman, Harness & Williams...is that a shoe shop??

Damn.. I’d been waiting for the best moment to use that joke and you beat me to it!!!  Confused
(24-07-2021, 10:15 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-07-2021, 05:16 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-07-2021, 02:00 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-07-2021, 01:19 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-07-2021, 11:26 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]How many goals have Harrison and Marquis scored so far in pre season? Correct me if im wrong but I think it's (drumroll please) ZERO.

When Ahadme is banging them in for fun in a team of trialists, H&M should be rather embarrassed, even by their standards .

Harrison was always poor. His career strike rate is something like 1:8. Marquis is a puzzle that Jackett couldn't solve. No sign as yet that Cowley is faring any better.

Gerry, you seem to be struggling somewhat with numbers in this thrread. 

The squad is currently 18 not 15. 

And Harrison has scored 1 in every 4.26 games over his career (69 in 294).  Not great but not awful for a forward whose main role is  leading the line and creating opportunities for others and nearly twice as good as your 1 in 8 claim.  He should aim for double figures every season though and has only done it three times (once for us btw).

Yup, I stand corrected Pedalo and as my penance I promise to believe that Marquis will 'come good' again this season only to suffer the taste of bitter disappointment. That do?

Gerry, it's Deep who's picking on you, not me  Wink

Blimey, well apart from things to to do with numbers and words, I'm not confused at all, nurse.
(24-07-2021, 03:46 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Reid, Jacobs, Harrison, Mason, Mnoga & Dixon-Bonner on for Marquis, Curtis, Brown, Robertson, Ahadme and Tunnicliffe.

It wasn't Mason who came on, it was Renedi Masampu a left back ex Chelsea who has recently trialled at Sheff Wed. Mason has returned to Coventry
(24-07-2021, 03:40 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Goss, Johnson and Hackett-Fairchild on for Freeman, Williams and Harness

Showing your age
….Pollards shirts. Lyons corner house. Sketchley cleaners.
I also bought an LP off beardy Branson in his first shop above a shoe store in Oxford Street.
(25-07-2021, 11:37 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]

Showing your age
aren't we all
Bernards Naval Tailors, Chapmans Laundry
Verrechias Ice Cream, Guildhall Sq.

LDB, NorthEnd
The Johnson and Johnson roundabout; Osmiroid pens, Gosport; the TS Foudroyant.
(25-07-2021, 05:42 PM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]The Johnson and Johnson roundabout; Osmiroid pens, Gosport; the TS Foudroyant.

Proper canoes on the Canoe Lake, Timothy Whites, Weston Hart, South Parade Pier when it had a proper auditorium, Odeon Southsea, Eastney Barracks when it was one, the radar towers at Eastney, the Odeon Southsea, proper steamers to the IOW, Somers Town when it was good, the list is endless.

A lost world.
Green Shield Stamps in Palmerston Road.
Anybody mentioned the Odeon Southsea?
Shirt King ?
(25-07-2021, 08:05 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody mentioned the Odeon Southsea?

Yep  Smile .

The fair when it was decent, the little steam train where the pond life centre now is, the little motor boats on the lake just behind it.
The fantastic Mecca in Arundel Street
Eastney when it was good.

Bus depot, Barracks, loads of good pubs and shops.

It looks a right dump now, especially since the Mayflower was disgracefully demolished and replaced with the monstrosity that now occupies the site. A few backhanders and brown envelopes must have been involved there ffs. 

Lost pubs off the top of my head: White House (verging on Milton but it was on the crawl), Charlie Hurdles, Eastney Cellars, RMA, British Flag, Mayflower, Alma Arms, Gravediggers.
The Old Canal (Milton-ish)
(26-07-2021, 08:08 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]The Old Canal (Milton-ish)

Yes I walked past that with a couple of mates last week, we had a stroll round Southsea and a few beers in the Artillery and Old House at Home.

The Old Canal still looks like a pub, even down to the sign, shame it no longer is.
Santa sleigh ride in Landport department store. (Sorry,bit early to mention Christmas).

Deebo

"Proper steamers to the IOW"

The bars on the old paddle steamers were a window to a lost world as was the engineering which ran down the centre of the interior. Brass works of art. The last time I went on one it had developed an alarming list and barely made it over with one paddle almost out of the water. In fact we could have gone around in circles until the coal ran out.
(26-07-2021, 09:50 AM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]"Proper steamers to the IOW"

The bars on the old paddle steamers were a window to a lost world as was the engineering which ran down the centre of the interior. Brass works of art. The last time I went on one it had developed an alarming list and barely made it over with one paddle almost out of the water. In fact we could have gone around in circles until the coal ran out.

‘Until the coal ran out’ - or the beer Deebo  Smile .

Of course there is still the Waverley based in Glasgow that keeps memories of those days alive, she’s just had her boilers replaced so hopefully she’ll carry on for many more years.

Deebo

And the poor old PS Ryde (Queen) derelict on the Medina. I remember going to discos on her back in the mid 70s.
(26-07-2021, 10:35 AM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]And the poor old PS Ryde (Queen) derelict on the Medina. I remember going to discos on her back in the mid 70s.

Yes a great shame Deebo.

If I win Euromillions I’ll build a brand new steamer so we can have another disco cruise  Smile .
Pages: 1 2 3