TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ground update video. brick by brick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I totally agree that 25k should be a minimum target but done in such a way that a further increase in capacity would not need a total rebuild. One of the problems at the moment is that non ST holders find it hard to get tickets to come as a family or even in pairs. Normally easy enough as an individual but not 2 or more together. Easier ways for St holders to make their seats available if they can't make it to a game would help a bit.
I am not saying we would always get 25k gates but I am convinced a bigger capacity would bring significantly bigger crowds.
Comparing with the Premiership days is not always the best way to show potential because we had the same problem then for non ST holders and also pro-rata tickets dearer than now.
They have pointed out repeatedly that a bigger stadium needs a better access plan.
The North Upper is already allowed for within the design of the North Lower.
I would imagine they are waiting to see what we sell within the upgraded stands. Then ready to fill in the West corners first.
I went to Wembley with 4 other people, 2 had never been to Pompey before and haven’t been since. You can’t use Wembley as any sort of barometer of numbers for week in week attendances.
With a business hat on 20K to start next season see how attendances go.

If we are getting regular sell outs move it up to 25K.

If we get promotion to Championship 30K.

Big If & when we ever get back to the Premier League 35K.

It has to be a gradual process & No doubt that's how the owners are thinking right now.
You raise some good points firq. But I would disagree that 25k seater stadium would not be viable with fan/hnw ownership. However, It would have landed us with a great big fat mtge to pay off though. (And it we likely would have had some large issues during covid). 

The frustration is that the eisners have all this resource, cheap capital and "expertise" available to them. The trouble is that we have barely progressed an inch as a club since they took over. The rate of progress seems negligible right now.

On the pitch its arguably gone backwards.

Off the pitch, the academy is a wreck, the managemt structure is flawed and they wont put heir hands in their pocket to hire the key position to implement their recruitment strategy. The stadium only had work started on it when their hand was forced; 4 years in to their ownership. 

Pretty much nothing has been achieved to expand capacity to what it needs to be. The only big thing that they have done is to purchase Roko, and my cynicism tells me that they want to make a profit on it by building housing.

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place. However, we are probably marginally better off with the Eisners due to short/medium term cash flow issues we would have encountered.
when did the recruitment office type become essential
Harry did great without until they imposed such a bod on him
I'd rather they spent the money on an extra player, after all we have a two man management team already, use one of them.
(25-05-2022, 04:43 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]You raise some good points firq. But I would disagree that 25k seater stadium would not be viable with fan/hnw ownership. However, It would have landed us with a great big fat mtge to pay off though. (And it we likely would have had some large issues during covid). 

The frustration is that the eisners have all this resource, cheap capital and "expertise" available to them. The trouble is that we have barely progressed an inch as a club since they took over. The rate of progress seems negligible right now.

Off the pitch, the academy is a wreck, the managemt structure is flawed and they wont put heir hands in their pocket to hire the key position to implement their recruitment strategy. The stadium only had work started on it when their hand was forced; 4 years in to their ownership. 

Pretty much nothing has been achieved to expand capacity to what it needs to be. The only big thing that they have done is to purchase Roko, and my cynicism tells me that they want to make a profit on it by building housing.

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place. However, we are probably marginally better off with the Eisners due to short/medium term cash flow issues we would have encountered.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Grow up.
(25-05-2022, 04:43 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]You raise some good points firq. But I would disagree that 25k seater stadium would not be viable with fan/hnw ownership. However, It would have landed us with a great big fat mtge to pay off though. (And it we likely would have had some large issues during covid). 

Totally Agree with you Pedalo. You've summed up our current position precisely. 

The Big Plus is the Debt Free position but we are just treading water at present.

Hopefully, the ground improvement work will be finished before the start of next season & we're back to 20K.

I believe we need a blend of increased ST revenue, increased sponsorship & some sort of investment from the owners if required.
(26-05-2022, 05:14 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Grow up.

I think you meant "wake up"

It’s hard to respond to your inane drivel with anything sensible.
(26-05-2022, 05:44 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

The Big Plus is the Debt Free position but we are just treading water at present.

Hopefully, the ground improvement work will be finished before the start of next season & we're back to 20K.

I believe we need a blend of increased ST revenue, increased sponsorship & some sort of investment from the owners if required.

When did you last put a single penny into the club? You don’t go to games, you don’t buy ifollow.
(26-05-2022, 08:46 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

When did you last put a single penny into the club? You don’t go to games, you don’t buy ifollow.
don't know about any individual but the number of "fans" and "supporters" asking for how to get ifollow for free online says to me they are neither fans or supporters just followers who largely like criticising
(26-05-2022, 08:42 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Come up with some counter arguments, poke holes in my argument, use logic to change my mind. There must be a reason why you are so content with how things are at the club right now.
(26-05-2022, 10:52 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-05-2022, 08:42 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Come up with some counter arguments, poke holes in my argument, use logic to change my mind. There must be a reason why you are so content with how things are at the club right now.

It’s like talking to a flat earther though, you don’t understand logic!! I’m content because it’s the summer break and nothing is happening that we know of and rightly so the club aren’t detailing their every move. They’ve spent £11m plus on the ground and bought the training ground. They’ve done more than almost any owner we’ve had.
"They’ve done more than almost any owner we’ve had."
I'm struggling to think of even one.
El Tel paid a quid and then improved the ground hugely and got our atmosphere back.
Apart from that, a few lent us money to buy players then took it back.

Not for some time but I did try to buy tickets online for a couple of games last season & wasn't able to. The Online booking system wouldn't let me pay for a ticket & couldn't get through to the ticket office. iFollow sounded a disaster & we were playing rubbish football so didn't bother. However, I'm looking to attend some games next season if I am able to book tickets online. I have previously been a season ticket holder BTW.
(30-05-2022, 12:49 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Not for some time but I did try to buy tickets online for a couple of games last season & wasn't able to. The Online booking system wouldn't let me pay for a ticket & couldn't get through to the ticket office. iFollow sounded a disaster & we were playing rubbish football so didn't bother. However, I'm looking to attend some games next season if I am able to book tickets online. I have previously been a season ticket holder BTW.
as regards paying for tickets.
I've got Kaspersky and have to turn it off every time I want to pay for Just Eat or Pompey Tickets.
Probably won't renew it as my IT savvie son tells me that most IT professional now agree that the standard microsoft cover is just as good.

Lol
(26-05-2022, 04:04 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Pompeyg100 is Eric Eisner  Big Grin
(30-05-2022, 01:39 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

I've got Kaspersky and have to turn it off every time I want to pay for Just Eat or Pompey Tickets.
Probably won't renew it as my IT savvie son tells me that most IT professional now agree that the standard microsoft cover is just as good.
What's that in English??
(30-05-2022, 03:16 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-05-2022, 01:39 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-05-2022, 05:44 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Totally Agree with you Pedalo. You've summed up our current position precisely. 

What's that in English??

AV

There was a comment about the OS not taking payments.

I've got Kaspersky anti virus
It often blocks payments unless I have set the payment site up to the nth degree. So I often have to turn Kaspersky off to get websites to take payments.
One of the sites affected is the Pompey OS (Just eat too)

so in short my advice was
if the OS won't take a payment, try turning off your antivirus if you have one installed.
I’m lucky enough to be able to use Ifollow for most Pompey games and I think it’s good coverage. I rarely get issues, although it does happen.

I likely get to see more Pompey games than most people on here. It doesn’t make me an expert but at least I can validate my opinion on the playing side of things. I find it risible when a certain person expresses opinions on players they’ve never seen, apart from in the highlights.
Pages: 1 2 3 4