TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ground update video. brick by brick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
good link thanks bill
watch it with the subtitles on
Apparently we are installing vomit trees!
Another piece of great communication.
Tells South stand ST holders exactly what to do next, survey, response, accept or change seats.
Then the exciting bit for me.
Once we finish the Milton End (next summer)... The North stand upper is specifically named as being planned next . and other parts of the ground where we can increase capacity being reviewed.
I know some don't like the brick by brick approach, but as they have done everything they promised, I see no reason not to expect further development to follow.
A smaller but vital factor for me is who runs the catering kiosks next season as if they have spent a lot of money on improving all of these, they must surely have higher quality plans in place for the staffing and what they will sell.
Looking good. Very imaginative work.

I'm not sure how the truss is going to look, after it's done. It seems to me that it won't be so prominent.
Gillingham flogged us their away end for the new south lower loike?
(16-06-2022, 09:34 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Gillingham flogged us their away end for the new south lower loike?

I thought that. Surely they'll sort the seats out to match the colour of those above?
(16-06-2022, 09:34 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Gillingham flogged us their away end for the new south lower loike?

Thankfully it's nothing like the 'temporary' Gillingham end and is a standard method of reprofiling gradients nowadays without having to do too much demolition work.  That area of seating will probably end up looking similar to Orlando's ground, which is one the best stadiums I've ever visited for view and facilities.
Looking very good, they've worked really hard. I'm guessing the last pics are of Roko (that was)
According to the FB page (Pompey), the Eisners have just put another £4m into the club.
can't possibly be true they're only in it to make money.
(18-06-2022, 09:05 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]can't possibly be true they're only in it to make money.

They are doing up the ground so they can knock it down and build flats.
Anyone know how far the fratton end can go back and how much capacity can be increased by? Keeping it as single tier but larger capacity. 

After the current works surely the fratton end is next to be increased and surely that would be cheap and quick to redevelop too. You'd hope that an extra 3,000 could be put onto the existing fratton end.
(20-06-2022, 04:48 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know how far the fratton end can go back and how much capacity can be increased by? Keeping it as single tier but larger capacity. 

After the current works surely the fratton end is next to be increased and surely that would be cheap and quick to redevelop too. You'd hope that an extra 3,000 could be put onto the existing fratton end.

We won’t need the extra capacity in L2 though will we?

You taking the bet?
We will need 25,000 plus if doing well in the championship and if we are in the prem. Even if we were top two in league one, we'd sell 25k.
(20-06-2022, 06:20 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]We will need 25,000 plus if doing well in te championship and if we are in the prem.

But we’re going down aren’t we?

Are you taking the bet?
(20-06-2022, 04:48 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know how far the fratton end can go back and how much capacity can be increased by? Keeping it as single tier but larger capacity. 

The land behind the Fratton End is just 13m, which equates to approximately 2-2,500 extra seats. The cost of extending the Fratton End (at least £3m, bearing in mind New Milton End is costing circa 6m for similar capacity) makes it cost prohibitive. Especially when considering what additional monies from season ticket sells will bring in.
Very soon we will all be watching on ifollow anyway
(21-06-2022, 04:01 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

The land behind the Fratton End is just 13m, which equates to approximately 2-2,500 extra seats. The cost of extending the Fratton End (at least £3m, bearing in mind New Milton End is costing circa 6m for similar capacity) makes it cost prohibitive. Especially when considering what additional monies from season ticket sells will bring in.

Thanks.

I disagree it is cost prohibitive. It will provide a much needed capacity boost. The fratton end is always soldout and would be with the increase too. 3 million pounds for an increase in fratton end capacity is a good deal and a return on investment would be seen quickly. 

The club is surely looking at this as one area increasing capacity and would be simple to do too.
Regarding the Archibald Leitch architecture, myself and sure at least 90% of football fans couldn’t care less. Yes it’s history but s go o is the whole feckin country
(21-06-2022, 04:40 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-06-2022, 04:01 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks.

I disagree it is cost prohibitive. It will provide a much needed capacity boost. The fratton end is always soldout and would be with the increase too. 3 million pounds for an increase in fratton end capacity is a good deal and a return on investment would be seen quickly. 

The club is surely looking at this as one area increasing capacity and would be simple to do too.

A much needed capacity boost when according to you attendances are going down?
"The land behind the Fratton End is just 13m, which equates to approximately 2-2,500 extra seats. The cost of extending the Fratton End (at least £3m, bearing in mind New Milton End is costing circa 6m for similar capacity) makes it cost prohibitive. Especially when considering what additional monies from season ticket sells will bring in."

2500 x £450 (allowing for future price rises) = £1,125.000. 3 year payback is pretty good if your £3m is right. I have a feeling it may be an underestimation though.
as to the cost of extending the Fratton End. Comparing it to updating a terrace with seats bolted on would not seem a good model to me.
Anyhow, s Cullen is already mentioning the upper North, that would seem to be their next step after the Milton End as an when we sell out often enough to warrant it.
All the talk about bigger attendance in the champ seems to leave out the likely higher cost of a ST. First season it would jump, but would a season of struggling against relegation lead to the higher ST sales staying?
(21-06-2022, 07:44 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]as to the cost of extending the Fratton End. Comparing it to updating a terrace with seats bolted on would not seem a good model to me.
Anyhow, s Cullen is already mentioning the upper North, that would seem to be their next step after the Milton End as an when we sell out often enough to warrant it.
All the talk about bigger attendance in the champ seems to leave out the likely higher cost of a ST. First season it would jump, but would a season of struggling against relegation lead to the higher ST sales staying?

We sellout a lot now and we are rubbish.

And how many times does it need to be said, its basically impossible to get more than single tickets at fp. We need a bigger capacity than at least 25k so people can go with friends, relatives etc and buy tickets In bulk together.
(21-06-2022, 07:51 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-06-2022, 07:44 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]as to the cost of extending the Fratton End. Comparing it to updating a terrace with seats bolted on would not seem a good model to me.

We sellout a lot now and we are rubbish.

And how many times does it need to be said, its basically impossible to get more than single tickets at fp. We need a bigger capacity than at least 25k so people can go with friends, relatives etc and buy tickets In bulk together.

I really hope with moving STs up a seat or two, they have removed single seat gaps and updated the booking system to prevent new sales leaving single gaps. I cannot recall booking anywhere else for years (cinema/theatre/football) where leaving a single seat is simply not possible. 
600 extra on the north lower might not sound a lot but is actually a significant number, as will be the extras on the Milton End. 
As I said, Cullen specifically talked about the North upper in his latest ground video interview. Also filling in the corners. He would not have talked about the North Upper without permission from above.
Once the Milton end is finished, expect the corners at the fratton end of the ground to be filled in quickly. That's what I'm hearing now. Not hearing about an extended fratton end just yet, just the corners being filled in.
Pages: 1 2 3 4