TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: How many season tickets will we sell this season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(23-06-2022, 12:44 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]After a lot of thought I renewed mine today in person. Encouragingly for the club when I left all 4 computers were manned and there was a small queue waiting to purchase. I gave it thought because I find it all very underwhelming that having started pre season we have for example only 1 senior keeper and no out and out striker. It's a massive gamble if we are hoping to resign Hirst. Curtis and Harness will be gone if a decent financial offer is received in this window or the next. Morrell will be off with Wales to the World Cup, need depth in the squad and that at the moment is missing for sure. P.U.P.l

It really isn’t a massive gamble. 

Promotion isn’t the be all and end all and if it were then most fans wouldn’t bother.
You’ll see some good football played during the season. Hopefully, some of it by Pompey!
My point was Cunning it's a massive gamble not signing a striker, if as some believe, we hope to resign Hirst. Saw some good football played at the Park by Pompey at the end of the season apart from the Wycombe game when Baz earnt us a point in the 0.0 draw. I want Pompey to be competitive, cant for the love of me see us going up at the present. One day yes, but this season no.
Quote...The recent arrival of Pack has wetted the appetite for a return to competitive action.      Tks Peds Like I said there was a queue when I left but no surprise the numbers will be down
Over 9000 is decent for this stage of the pre season. Mote time for existing holders in the North stand upper and fratton end to renew, and not sure we are selling season tickets in South stand or North lower yet because of redevelopment works. A lot will buy season tickets in these stands once the works are complete. We will haveover 12000 season ticket holders easy.
NSL is back that's where I am Blue
Not the part closest to Milton end at least. It doesn't show online for North lower at the moment. Anyway sales can only be judged at the start of the season. Over a month away yet.
they state 1500 new ST holders.
I sometimes wonder how many of the online gloom merchants actually go live at all.
(24-06-2022, 05:36 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]they state 1500 new ST holders.
I sometimes wonder how many of the online gloom merchants actually go live at all.

I wonder how many have not renewed yet?
I’m sure google will tell you how many there was last year.
10,000 and counting seems reasonable with the last minute deadline rush to come.
Our support is excellent. We will sell over 12,000 season tickets come the first home game of the season. Very impressive given the shambles of a squad and managerial setup we have.

The people that run our club do not deserve us.
They certainly don't deserve you
The squad is somewhat less of a shambles than Derby's
If we were in that situation would we be whinging or getting behind the club?
Football is indeed a funny old game.
Yes, if you are using a club in administration as the benchmark, then yes we are doing better than a club in administration.

Our transfer embargo is self regulated lol

However, it would be classic pompey if Derby exited administration and scooped up the remainder of the available talent, before we decided to get our act together.
The transfer window isn’t closed yet.

Meanwhile, the major transfer news from other clubs is………?
(29-06-2022, 01:27 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, if you are using a club in administration as the benchmark, then yes we are doing better than a club in administration.

Our transfer embargo is self regulated lol

However, it would be classic pompey if Derby exited administration and scooped up the remainder of the available talent, before we decided to get our act together.

How do you define 'remainder'?

I only ask because we brought in Ogilvie and Morrell during August, which is pretty late into the window last year, and Johnson and Raggett the year before.  I'd argue that they were standout performers for us, so that shows there's talent out there once the season has kicked off.

Too many people are panicking when there will still be a deep pool to fish this time next month.  OK, the club set themselves up with their 'we'll reveal all on 10th June' statement, but I don't think there's reason to collectively throw ourselves in front of buses in despair quite yet.
I just think a striker would steady the nerves. O’Briens contract is up on Thursday, as I’d assume are a lot of others. Making the ‘freebie/ out of contract market a bit more attractive.
We'll, we have hit 10k. That's 1k more then I was expecting.

It's interesting that 1.5k of them are newbies.
Existing ST holders in the Fratton End and North Stand have until 5.30 p.m tomorrow to renew. Those in the South Stand have until 5.30 p.m a week tomorrow. Sales over the last few days have been very encouraging for the club I would say going from 9k to 10k pretty sharpish.
(29-06-2022, 09:57 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Existing ST holders in the Fratton End and North Stand have until 5.30 p.m tomorrow to renew. Those in the South Stand have until 5.30 p.m a week tomorrow. Sales over the last few days have been very encouraging for the club I would say going from 9k to 10k pretty sharpish.

They announced that it passed 10k a day or two ago.
(29-06-2022, 05:35 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]The transfer window isn’t closed yet.

Meanwhile, the major transfer news from other clubs is………?

We aren’t even half way through the window yet. Transfers will filter down, the Champ clubs pick up those from the Prem and we’ll pick up those free’d up from the Champ.
Agree with the above but concerned that means we will be picking up these players towards end of transfer window after we have already played 5-6 league games.
Probably, just like most clubs in our division.
True enough.
Pages: 1 2 3 4