TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: How many season tickets will we sell this season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(29-06-2022, 09:36 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]We'll, we have hit 10k. That's 1k more then I was expecting.

It's interesting that 1.5k of them are newbies.

Great. New blood to replace the old whingy cynics, like we find on here.
12000 plus

Not too shabby
Very good figures considering promotion is extremely unlikely.
(05-07-2022, 07:30 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Very good figures considering promotion is extremely unlikely.

I love your effort - you're like Ronnie Corbett swinging his legs on his little chair  Big Grin Big Grin
There’s one for the teenagers.
If we had a realistic chance at promotion this season, we'd sell all the season tickets that we could,and we still might.

The fans deserve a good season.
(05-07-2022, 07:43 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]If we had a realistic chance at promotion this season, we'd sell all the season tickets that we could,and we still might.

The fans deserve a good season.

Like you say though we’re going to be in a relegation battle and even the ST holders won’t turn up
For whatever reason (I think its because they haven't done their research properly) the Eisners don't think Portsmouth FC needs a stadium bigger than 20k. It's a self fulfilling prophecy though when the playing squad is done on the cheap for so many years.

I hope home tickets do get to a near sell out, despite the shyte we are expecting to be served up.

Someone mentioned the booking system still allowing single seat scattering. They really need to sort that out as it probably costs them a few hundred seats most games.
(06-07-2022, 03:21 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]For whatever reason (I think its because they haven't done their research properly) the Eisners don't think Portsmouth FC needs a stadium bigger than 20k. It's a self fulfilling prophecy though when the playing squad is done on the cheap for so many years.

I hope home tickets do get to a near sell out, despite the shyte we are expecting to be served up.

Someone mentioned the booking system still allowing single seat scattering. They really need to sort that out as it probably costs them a few hundred seats most games.

When did they tell you that?
(06-07-2022, 03:25 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-07-2022, 03:21 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]For whatever reason (I think its because they haven't done their research properly) the Eisners don't think Portsmouth FC needs a stadium bigger than 20k. It's a self fulfilling prophecy though when the playing squad is done on the cheap for so many years.

It's in one of the interviews they did.

Why have they announced plans to go higher than that then ?
(06-07-2022, 03:48 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-07-2022, 03:25 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

It's in one of the interviews they did.

Hmmmm I’m not sure they did.
Ok, keep your head in the sand then. No skin off my nose. It was also discussed (moaned anout) at length on this board too.

Their plans to go bigger had the caveat of being in the Premier league. Which is ridiculous for a number of reasons.
(06-07-2022, 04:35 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, keep your head in the sand then. No skin off my nose. It was also discussed (moaned anout) at length on this board too.

Lol I don’t have my head in the sand but I don’t believe they ever said we won’t need more than 20k capacity. I’ve heard them talk about expanding the stadium though and the parties that need to work together to make that happen.
Of course they know we need a capacity bigger than 20k. Fp capacity can be increased to 25k for starters without network rail by filling in corners etc. Cullen has said they are looking at the options currently.

I'm all their interviews I've seen, they've never said 20k is enough for pfc. As it isn't a big enough capacity.
(06-07-2022, 09:23 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Of course they know we need a capacity bigger than 20k. Fp capacity can be increased to 25k for starters without network rail by filling in corners etc. Cullen has said they are looking at the options currently.

I'm all their interviews I've seen, they've never said 20k is enough for pfc. As it isn't a big enough capacity.

Have you and Pedalo swapped log ins?
Over 12500 sold I was told by the staff this morning
(11-07-2022, 01:25 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Over 12500 sold I was told by the staff this morning

Any idea what we did last season?
Around 13500/14000 would be my guess
It was 11,300 on the 6th Sept 2021 ... shouldn't think they sold many more after that.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...up-3371702
Ok tks I stand corrected
Last season's sales were down due to he influence of Covid so I can understand why they may be higher this year. Also, we were actually good at home under Cowley last season - I'd more understand why people would not want to see the drivel served up at many of the away games.
its not as if pompey have offered much for away fans most seasons, especially north of Watford. If you travel you do so n hope rather than expectation. Got tonked many times at Sheff Utd but still went the following season. and Palace too, even though that was a much shorter trip
Sometimes, the obvious has to be stated…….

A season ticket does not cover away games!

A season ticket holder has the right to expect to be entertained, at the games he/she has paid for. Unfortunately, that doesn’t mean that anyone has the right to see Pompey win. You are just
paying to watch a game of football from your favoured seat.
If you believe that it ain’t worth it, then don’t bother. Go and spend your money elsewhere, nothing wrong with that.

There are over 12000 people who, right now, disagree with you.
So, the answer is.......

13000, so far, including 2000 new tickets.

I expect this to rise a little when they start releasing New South stand tickets and maybe a lot, if we start doing well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4