TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Has Cowley resigned?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Dale and EM-C will provide the width very shortly.
(07-08-2022, 10:47 AM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]No width, no pace, poor crossing, to mention a few problems.

There's clearly something badly missing in the way the team is set up in the first place. Its also incredibly boring to watch, I don't know if I would be able to handle a whole season of it.

Whatever happened to proper wingers out wide, being fed with the ball and going past defenders on the outside, getting to the by-line and crossing the ball into a very dangerous area for defenders and goalkeeper. 

One word summed up the whole wretched display for me: Hackett.

That’s how DC wants the game played? The more short passes the less chance of losing the ball and that’s his main concern.
I don’t think he does. I think he wants pacey direct attacking football which starts from the back and ends with crosses being delivered into the box. Hence a return to 442. Wait until we get proper wingers - the first had just arrived.
———————Griffiths——————-
Swanson-Robertson-raggett-Ogilve
——Lowerly——pack——morrel
——Dale———bishop———Curtis

For me this is our strongest team. But a new left winger is needed.
(07-08-2022, 12:31 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]———————Griffiths——————-
Swanson-Robertson-raggett-Ogilve
——Lowerly——pack——morrel
——Dale———bishop———Curtis

For me this is our strongest team. But a new left winger is needed.
You have got two players in your team, that have never played in a Pompey shirt yet. But some how this is the strongest team??...

Give it a few weeks first, too see how good the really are...

Give me 442 any day of the week.
(07-08-2022, 12:23 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think he does. I think he wants pacey direct attacking football which starts from the back and ends with crosses being delivered into the box. Hence a return to 442. Wait until we get proper wingers - the first had just arrived.

The evidence of his games in charge suggest otherwise.
I'm starting to think that it isn't the managers which are one dimensional, it's the fans. Conservative, no plan B, wants to not lose rather than win, all levelled at both Jackett and Cowley
(07-08-2022, 10:30 AM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2022, 09:22 AM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]I went yesterday for the first time in over 2 years. Sat in upper south stand near the Milton End. The atmosphere was practically non existent, barely any singing other than the occasional PUP. Fratton End seemed very quiet. In fact as the 2nd half wore on it was Lincoln fans who were making the noise, although that may have been due to where I was sitting.

AS for the game...why the fuck Cowley started with RHF I don't know...he's absolutely pants and totally predictable, no pace, can't take anyone one and constantly checking back on his left foot. I wondered why Cowley had given him a new contract and I'm still wondering. There were no partnerships built up on the left and right between Rafferty (who looked good) and RHF, and Jacobs & Ogilvy. The whole game was lacking in intensity, pace and effort. When Curtis and Scarlett came on we looked more threatening, but we could have played all night and not scored. AS for passing it back to the keeper every time the Raggett got the ball...wtf was that all about!!

Lincoln pressed and harried and closed us down, and DC didn't have an answer...well he'd better get one quick because that was a shocking performance for the first home game of the season. Drop Reeco (in fact sell the coont) stick Curtis on the left where he's effective and bring in the the right winger ASAP.

Positive points...Mingi looked quality when he came on, he actually drove forward with the ball. Other than that, well we didn't concede.

I think I'll stick to ifollow for a while, save myself the time and hassle.

How do you know Curtis is effective on the left when you have n't been to FP for over 2 years?  Perhaps if you came to games more often and supported the club then the atmosphere could be improved to that you heard echoing around Wembley.

Because I've watched nearly every game on ifollow. Also I had a season ticket for god know how many years prior to Covid and just didn't have the enthusiasm to renew it. And also wtf it's got to do with you?
(07-08-2022, 11:39 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Many Pompey are there through thick and thin. But not all.

It's still a bit too thin for Jizz, but don't worry he'll be back when it's thick again!
You're a fucking wanker aren't you. 
There are other things in life other than football you know.
(07-08-2022, 01:30 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2022, 11:39 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Many Pompey are there through thick and thin. But not all.

It's still a bit too thin for Jizz, but don't worry he'll be back when it's thick again!
You're a fucking wanker aren't you. 
There are other things in life other than football you know.

That’s alright, we’ll keep FP going until you can be arsed to some back  Smile .

There are other things apart from football of course but fans tend to go to the football, casual observers do other things until success comes round again. Then they tend to moan about the difficulty in gett8ng tickets, it was ever thus.

Getting back to the original post, I wish he fucking would. We’ve got decent players now, let them play ffs, all this ‘patient’ build up is boring everybody senseless ffs. By the time we actually get an attack going everyone is comatose.
Don't try and pull the "but I have other commitments" card moanbag. You literally said on this thread that because the team aren't up to standard, that's why you're not there. Your attendance isn't based on other commitments at all, it's entirely conditional on how well we are doing.

Fair weather fan!
(07-08-2022, 01:49 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Don't try and pull the "but I have other commitments" card moanbag. You literally said on this thread that because the team aren't up to standard, that's why you're not there. Your attendance isn't based on other commitments at all, it's entirely conditional on how well we are doing.

Fair weather fan!

Do we have to go to every game until we die then? Is that how it works? How many games have you been to in your life then, just a rough total. I don't know how old you are of course.

Don't give me that fairweather crap, I've been there in the 70's 80's and 90's when we shit. All this "I'm a better fan than you" is so childish.
This thread is more exciting than Cowley’s football.
(07-08-2022, 01:29 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2022, 09:22 AM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]I went yesterday for the first time in over 2 years. Sat in upper south stand near the Milton End. The atmosphere was practically non existent, barely any singing other than the occasional PUP. Fratton End seemed very quiet. In fact as the 2nd half wore on it was Lincoln fans who were making the noise, although that may have been due to where I was sitting.

AS for the game...why the fuck Cowley started with RHF I don't know...he's absolutely pants and totally predictable, no pace, can't take anyone one and constantly checking back on his left foot. I wondered why Cowley had given him a new contract and I'm still wondering. There were no partnerships built up on the left and right between Rafferty (who looked good) and RHF, and Jacobs & Ogilvy. The whole game was lacking in intensity, pace and effort. When Curtis and Scarlett came on we looked more threatening, but we could have played all night and not scored. AS for passing it back to the keeper every time the Raggett got the ball...wtf was that all about!!

Lincoln pressed and harried and closed us down, and DC didn't have an answer...well he'd better get one quick because that was a shocking performance for the first home game of the season. Drop Reeco (in fact sell the coont) stick Curtis on the left where he's effective and bring in the the right winger ASAP.

Positive points...Mingi looked quality when he came on, he actually drove forward with the ball. Other than that, well we didn't concede.

How do you know Curtis is effective on the left when you have n't been to FP for over 2 years?  Perhaps if you came to games more often and supported the club then the atmosphere could be improved to that you heard echoing around Wembley.

Because I've watched nearly every game on ifollow. Also I had a season ticket for god know how many years prior to Covid and just didn't have the enthusiasm to renew it. And also wtf it's got to do with you?

Ah right - an ifollow fan.  I will be sure to give your opinion on players and atmosphere the respect they deserve in future.
Jizz, who doesn't go because there's more to life than football, but watches it on iFollow because he isn't doing anything else really, and has previously explained that he doesn't go down because the football is shit.

Anything else?
C'mon Scummy, it depends where Jizzbag lives doesn't it.
(07-08-2022, 04:02 PM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2022, 01:29 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]

Ah right - an ifollow fan.  I will be sure to give your opinion on players and atmosphere the respect they deserve in future.
Well I know it's not the same as being there, but you get a general picture, in fact sometimes a far better view.

I can't remember missing a season at the park for the previous 40 years but Jackett did it for me. But as you're such a fabulous fan and never miss a single game I'll give your opinion on me the respect it deserves.
(07-08-2022, 04:07 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Jizz, who doesn't go because there's more to life than football, but watches it on iFollow because he isn't doing anything else really, and has previously explained that he doesn't go down because the football is shit.

Anything else?

Yeah, when and what I choose to do on a Saturday afternoon is entirely my business and absolutely fuck all to do with you.
I was just giving my opinion on the game I saw. I didn't realise it would be under scrutiny from the best fan police.
I think we have unmasked the identity of Mix's "real man" friend.
You always know when the footy is shite coz playground central kicks in.....
(07-08-2022, 05:37 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I think we have unmasked the identity of Mix's "real man" friend.

Yep, "Flaky Flunky Thing" aka Jizbag who was banned from the TPF in 2021 for continuous abusive comments after several warnings. 

We now find he watches nearly all his matches on ifollow, bullsh!ts that he was a season ticket holder for xx years and is now Pick'nMix  "real man"friend.

p.s He's  also a skinhead with a goatee ffs  Big Grin
(07-08-2022, 06:03 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2022, 05:37 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I think we have unmasked the identity of Mix's "real man" friend.

Yep, "Flaky Flunky Thing" aka Jizbag who was banned from the TPF in 2021 for continuous abusive comments after several warnings. 

We now find he watches nearly all his matches on ifollow, bullsh!ts that he was a season ticket holder for xx years and is now Pick'nMix  "real man"friend.

Trust you to pop up. Now you know as well as I do that TPF is full of snowflakes...I think you got banned yourself.
As for bullshitting about a season ticket...I had one from 2002 to 2020, before that I didn't bother because of shift work, still went to most home games though and regularly since 1976 or 77, Paul Went and Malcolm Manley top CB pairing.

After reading your posts over the past few years you're nothing more than a playground bully. Pick on someone and get others to join in. Fucking pathetic really for a grown man. (i assume you are)

If you want to have a chat then I'll give you a shout next time I'm at Fratton, I'll buy you a beer.
Next time you're at Fratton *when we're good*
(07-08-2022, 06:55 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]

Trust you to pop up. Now you know as well as I do that TPF is full of snowflakes...I think you got banned yourself.
As for bullshitting about a season ticket...I had one from 2002 to 2020, before that I didn't bother because of shift work, still went to most home games though and regularly since 1976 or 77, Paul Went and Malcolm Manley top CB pairing.

After reading your posts over the past few years you're nothing more than a playground bully. Pick on someone and get others to join in. Fucking pathetic really for a grown man. (i assume you are)

If you want to have a chat then I'll give you a shout next time I'm at Fratton, I'll buy you a beer.

Why he hate John, thinks he is the number one fan!!....

Little man syndrome!!..

"If you want to have a chat then I'll give you a shout next time I'm at Fratton, I'll buy you a beer."

Let me know so I can 'Tea Bag' it first, on the sly!!
(07-08-2022, 06:55 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]

TPF is great site for sensible PFC conversations, I've had some cracking conversations on there and No I have never been banned from there, I will however admit to being banned from this site on a couple of occasions in it's previous incarnations.

I've  been a regular supporter since we moved here in 1973/4  and was an irregular supporter for a few seasons before that, Ray Hiron, Nicky Jennings etc etc.

If people want to have a go at me, they will get it back, I'm not big or tall enough  to be a "bully" whatsoever  just lil 'ole me !!

I'll  choose my own drinking mates, but thanks very much for the invite  Cool    
Pages: 1 2 3 4