TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: FA cup first round draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just been looking when it is and noticed an interesting potential fixture for us.  AFC Totton are at home to Ramsgate in the final preliminary round...
Interesting?
AFC Totton in their blue and white kit
(11-10-2023, 01:24 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting?
Scintillating
That would be a really bad draw for us given our fans having a god given right to as many tickets as we want.
Think the draw for the 1st round proper is on Sunday.
Could be Eastleigh or scum-light as some prefer to call them.
Would be humbling defeat. Let's see what tomorrow brings
(14-10-2023, 05:56 PM)Slagger Wrote: [ -> ]Could be Eastleigh or scum-light as some prefer to call them.

Close your eyes and you’d never tell the difference. 

Their smell of defeat maybe a little stronger.
Chesterfield away.
Great draw for Paul Cook, Gary Roberts, Tom Naylor and Michael Jacobs
(15-10-2023, 01:59 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Great draw for Paul Cook, Gary Roberts, Tom Naylor and Michael Jacobs

There has to be a good chance that this will be one of the televised matches Top of Conference v  Top of League1  -  no brainer for TV.
Indeed, Ex - Must be nailed on for a TV game.
It's a winter game so Tom Naylor will be absolutely lethal. We just have to pray that it's an unseasonably warm November day. There's a good chance that Jacobs will be injured by then.
great draw
How many away seats do they offer
15% I believe for cup games, anyone been to Chesterfield?
(15-10-2023, 03:21 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]great draw
How many away seats do they offer
15% I believe for cup games, anyone been to Chesterfield?

if it is televised, could see the Orient game postphoned, if they pick Monday?
Mikey this is a dream tie for you Pompey and Naylor, you’ll probably need an extra pair of pants.
looking online, they have never yet sold out their 15k capacity since moving grounds.
We might help them do that.
Looks like an away end and a section in the side stand too.
(15-10-2023, 03:46 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]looking online, they have never yet sold out their 15k capacity since moving grounds.

Not sure where you looked online. The ground holds just over 10500 so unlikely to get a 15000 sell out crowd ever.

With segregation and having to not use the first two rows for a while the capcity is realistically a smidge over 10k and that has sold out on 3 or 4 occasions.

In all honesty most of us don't care about the FA Cup this year at all. No sleep would have been lost if we had lost to Kettering and I don't see any world in which we play our full first team. Enjoy your day out but unlikely to be close to a sell out for a fixture like this.
(15-10-2023, 04:19 PM)lemlin1967 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-10-2023, 03:46 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]looking online, they have never yet sold out their 15k capacity since moving grounds.

Not sure where you looked online. The ground holds just over 10500 so unlikely to get a 15000 sell out crowd ever.

I was surprised, was not my usual ground look up site. Since Virgin Media knackered my email account, I've lost a lot of my old links. 
Ah well, guess the complaints about not getting tickets will start soon then. Best hope for  televised or non saturday 3pm kick off then!
(15-10-2023, 04:19 PM)lemlin1967 Wrote: [ -> ]

With segregation and having to not use the first two rows for a while the capcity is realistically a smidge over 10k and that has sold out on 3 or 4 occasions.

In all honesty most of us don't care about the FA Cup this year at all. No sleep would have been lost if we had lost to Kettering and I don't see any world in which we play our full first team. Enjoy your day out but unlikely to be close to a sell out for a fixture like this.

I'm sure JM is interested in a cup run as will be the players and the majority of fans. A good cup run is often part of a promotion run as well.

The PFC fans will enjoy the day out giving Cook & Co  some banter  & the away end at least will be a sell out -  as Chesterfield are doing rather well it wouldn't surprise me if the whole match was a sell out.
Looking forward to this draw. Lots of familiar faces I remember fondly. Crackers the danger man, assuming he isn't crocked.
Bluetag, Mikey loved Jacobs, not Naylor. Didn’t he???
Chesterfield one of my favourite away games back in 82/83 season either that or the following one. Went up there with a few mates, arrived early only to find a pitch inspection due to a possible frozen pitch. Went into their supporters club which I seem to remember over-looked the ground. Supporters club was full of old boys playing dominoes, except a few younger blokes at the bar. Had a really good crack with them - love the passion fans of some of these small unfashionable clubs. The game went ahead. From memory we won 1-0. Loved that era and love visiting some of the small clubs like Chesterfield. Can't wait for us to get promoted but a wee bit sad that games like away to Chesterfield  (or Northampton, Exeter, etc) will only be in Cup games for, hopefully, many seasons to come.
The Spireites moved out of Saltergate in 2010.

The history of the ground: "Saltergate Sunset" was written by a Pompey fan, Stuart Basson.

Never been to the new stadium.
Pages: 1 2 3 4