TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Reading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hopefully a decent win but with the protests planned maybe that will pick up the players(backs to the wall type performance).

Norris
Rafferty-Poole-Shaughnessy-sparkes
Morrell-Stevenson 
Lane-Robertson-Whyte
Bishop

Think Kamara could do with a game out not really sure he’s a winger technically not sure Whyte is either but he seems to balance out the attacking shape when he plays with out getting the stats.

Also Stevenson plays 2 actually sitting mids in the correct position and then moves Robertson to his more attacking position which he is better at
I'd quite like that line up but whether JM will play Stevenson is another matter.
Not sure Whyte is fit
Raggett and Whyte fit again, according to the official site.
(27-10-2023, 03:59 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully a decent win but with the protests planned maybe that will pick up the players(backs to the wall type performance).

Norris
Morrell-Stevenson 
Lane-Robertson-Whyte
Bishop

Think Kamara could do with a game out not really sure he’s a winger technically not sure Whyte is either but he seems to balance out the attacking shape when he plays with out getting the stats.

Also Stevenson plays 2 actually sitting mids in the correct position and then moves Robertson to his more attacking position which he is better at

Whyte is a winger, an international winger at that, who has also played in the 10 role. But he is better on the right .

He would be fit because it was Illness rather than injury that has kept him out of the last couple of games
(27-10-2023, 05:42 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-10-2023, 03:59 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully a decent win but with the protests planned maybe that will pick up the players(backs to the wall type performance).

Norris
Morrell-Stevenson 
Lane-Robertson-Whyte
Bishop

Whyte is a winger, an international winger at that, who has also played in the 10 role. But he is better on the right .

He would be fit because it was Illness rather than injury that has kept him out of the last couple of games

I wouldn’t consider Whyte a winger he is a wide forward. Wingers would generally take on their man but he seems to create a lot of space for others to use or make the pass before the assist. that’s why his stats  don’t seem as great as some were expecting
Can't avoid remembering the 7-4 game (I know it was at Fratton Park) every time I think about us against Reading. I just looked up our team that day:
               James
Johnson Campbell Distain Hreidarrson
     Diop Muntari Davis
   Utaka Benjani Kranjcar

Bench - Ashdown, Taylor, Pamarot, Mendes, Nugent

What a line up!
Kamara saying that he has not played on the left since he was ten says a lot for his attitude. Well done him really.
(27-10-2023, 06:22 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Can't avoid remembering the 7-4 game (I know it was at Fratton Park) every time I think about us against Reading. I just looked up our team that day:
               James
Johnson Campbell Distain Hreidarrson
     Diop Muntari Davis
   Utaka Benjani Kranjcar

Bench - Ashdown, Taylor, Pamarot, Mendes, Nugent

What a line up!

seven goals and Utaka still couldn't score.
He had seven assists in that game
The goal I remember best from that game was the one Kitson scored from just inside the touchline on the North Stand side into the Milton end goal, I think the keeper was off the line so he just had to hit the target but did so with a drilled shot that stayed about a foot off the ground all the way and I was right behind the line of the shot.

More a cross into the back corner of the goal in my view
I hope we totally destroy them (on the pitch) tomorrow. It used to be a friendly rivalry and theb they stuck the boot in when we were at our lowest ebb. 

Theu can protest but I'm not going to shed a tear for them. They haven't dropped as far as we did and are not battling a winding up order. They have no idea how bad it can get. Let them sweat.
(27-10-2023, 07:45 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I hope we totally destroy them (on the pitch) tomorrow. It used to be a friendly rivalry and theb they stuck the boot in when we were at our lowest ebb. 

Theu can protest but I'm not going to shed a tear for them. They haven't dropped as far as we did and are not battling a winding up order. They have no idea how bad it can get. Let them sweat.

I reckon we'll win 7-4.
7-0 would be even better
(27-10-2023, 06:42 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Kamara saying that he has not played on the left since he was ten says a lot for his attitude. Well done him really.

Also explains why he's not really good at it.
Probably our best attacking player against Cambridge.
(28-10-2023, 09:39 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Probably our best attacking player against Cambridge.

That's not saying much considering how poor we were on Tuesday.

Not intending to diss the guy, as I assume he can grow into the role, but why did we sign him for a position he's never played professionally? 

Hoping for a response from the last 120 mins.
(28-10-2023, 10:47 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-10-2023, 09:39 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Probably our best attacking player against Cambridge.

That's not saying much considering how poor we were on Tuesday.

Not intending to diss the guy, as I assume he can grow into the role, but why did we sign him for a position he's never played professionally? 

Hoping for a response from the last 120 mins.

We didn't specifically sign him for that role. Scully we signed to do the job. Kamara can play anywhere across the ft line & imo any criticism of him is harsh. Saturday 1st half he was vg. Tuesday 1st half he was excellent. I sometimes wonder what games people watch.
The fake money being waved around by some of our fans. It is sad in some ways but I totally underunderstand it with how some Reading fans were when we were in the shit.
These stoppages are going to play right into their hands. Disrupts our rhythm entirely.
Absolutely right. How can any team build up any pressure with this nonsense going on?
If it's abandoned do we get a 3-0 win??? Smile
15-love
Game is a Farce! All the stoppages & Lewis Wing who we should have signed has scored for them.
Pages: 1 2 3