TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Kamara
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(04-02-2024, 05:01 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]At last, it happened.

Kamara

P31
Gls. 4
Assists 2

Lane

P28
Gls. 9
Assists 4

And Lane has been played out of position, to accommodate him.

And he’s ours!

Who do you want on the right wing????

Kamara on the Right
Lang in the Middle..... What a engine that lads got.
Lane on the Left

And Yengi up top
Apart from Yengi and Lang.... Kamara has been the only other player week in week out, who is going to beat a player and make a goal scoring opportunity on his own.

Bishop, couldn't beat June down the bingo hall in a race.
4 goals and only two assists tells the story.
(04-02-2024, 10:24 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]4 goals and only two assists tells the story.

I have seen every game this season and he has for the most part looked the most likely to create a chance..... And he takes two players out of the game marking him.
(04-02-2024, 10:11 AM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]Apart from Yengi and Lang.... Kamara has been the only other player week in week out, who is going to beat a player and make a goal scoring opportunity on his own.

But that's his job; and he doesn't do it very well.  Only in his last couple of games has he taken defenders on to good effect.
(04-02-2024, 10:56 AM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2024, 10:11 AM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]Apart from Yengi and Lang.... Kamara has been the only other player week in week out, who is going to beat a player and make a goal scoring opportunity on his own.

But that's his job; and he doesn't do it very well.  Only in his last couple of games has he taken defenders on to good effect.

He has been for the most part our only threat in behind..... We have for large parts of the season, had distinct lack of pace in our forward line.

Other managers would have highlighted Kamara as our biggest threat, within the front 4 in a counter attack and in a one vs one.

Lane is a great finisher and excellent at timing his runs into the box.... But he looks like his running in treacle.

Bishop reminds me of Kanu but without the skill!.  

Robertson was class on the ball with the extra second, you get from playing the deeper role... But never did anything to shout about playing as a number 10.
Can't believe the amount of stick he's getting! Been our most dangerous forward getting behind defences with his pace. Once he's improved his decision making & taking chances he'll be unstoppable. At 19 he can only improve & we're very lucky to still have him as 2 Championship clubs were chasing him.
(04-02-2024, 11:36 AM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't believe the amount of stick he's getting! Been our most dangerous forward getting behind defences with his pace. Once he's improved his decision making & taking chances he'll be unstoppable. At 19 he can only improve & we're very lucky to still have him as 2 Championship clubs were chasing him.

No he isn’t, he’s only provided two assists and only four goals, in spite of his incredible ‘talent’. There is absolutely no trophy in football for running very fast. He needs to learn to pass accurately or score. Lane quite obviously succeeds at that, now. 

I won’t be changing  my viewing preferences to watching Norwich in the coming seasons. If he cant do it for us now then he needs to be dropped to allow Lane to do what Kamara can’t. 

Why on earth do we want to develop other teams players at our expense?
(04-02-2024, 11:47 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2024, 11:36 AM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Can't believe the amount of stick he's getting! Been our most dangerous forward getting behind defences with his pace. Once he's improved his decision making & taking chances he'll be unstoppable. At 19 he can only improve & we're very lucky to still have him as 2 Championship clubs were chasing him.

No he isn’t, he’s only provided two assists and only four goals, in spite of his incredible ‘talent’. There is absolutely no trophy in football for running very fast. He needs to learn to pass accurately or score. Lane quite obviously succeeds at that, now. 

I won’t be changing  my viewing preferences to watching Norwich in the coming seasons. If he cant do it for us now then he needs to be dropped to allow Lane to do what Kamara can’t. 

Just blindly repeating the goal and assists stats doesn't paint the entire picture at all. He has been dangerous, beats his man a lot and has provided a lot of dangerous chances that have been squandered, admittedly some he himself has squandered. Alex Robertson had very modest goal and assist stats but the wider importance of his play cannot be ignored, same with Kamara. Yes we would all like to have seen a little more end product but he has been irresistible at times and our best performer through patches. Better than any winger we have had since Jamal Lowe with the exception of Paddy Lane (although Lang has been excellent so far).
(04-02-2024, 11:47 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

Pick me a better 3 then these out of the players we have?. 

Kamara 
Lang 
Lane 
Lang on the left, Kamara middle Lane on the right
(04-02-2024, 11:58 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Lang on the left, Kamara middle Lane on the right

Kamara hasn't really worked in the number 10 role when we have tried it. We have a Number 10 on loan and Lowery who can play there if needed. Saydee is the one getting a bit frozen out at the moment. Kamara has played a lot more games than expected so a bit of rotation should be fine until seasons end.
I have only seen two other players this season with the same threat on the ball as Kamara.

Someone who could create something on their own.

Maghoma for Bolton

Dembélé for Blackpool (I would love to sign him)
It takes while to coach tippy tappy football out of brainwashed wingers.
With his attributes, we should just be sending him out there to get the ball and run at defenders, especially in the penalty area. Their number 12 yesterday would have soiled his shorts if Kamara had come on as sub and done just that.
Incidentally, early in the game yesterday, their right winger went through, not a tracking back forward in sight. If nothing else Kamara uses his pace to get back and cover, one thing that he has improved as the season has progressed.
(04-02-2024, 12:39 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]It takes  while to coach tippy tappy football out of brainwashed wingers.
With his attributes, we should just be sending him out there to get the ball and run at defenders, especially in the penalty area. Their number 12 yesterday would have soiled his shorts if Kamara had come on as sub and done just that.
Incidentally, early in the game yesterday, their right winger went through, not a tracking back forward in sight. If nothing else Kamara uses his pace to get back and cover, one thing that he has improved as the season has progressed.

It’s his best attribute, Hammie. 

I’d sooner attack.

He threatens and fails.
When Kamara replaced Lang yesterday he offered absolutely nothing. He didn't chase down players or push forward. We looked so much worse after our substitutions. Personally I don't feel Lane should be pushed to the left wing just to accommodate anyone else, he's proven time and again that the right wing is where he most devastating.
Pages: 1 2 3 4