TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Norris
Rafferty, Raggett, Shaughnessy, Sparkes
Pack, Morrell
Kamara, Whyte, Lane
Bishop

Subs
Schofield, Towler, Devlin, Lowery, Martin, Saydee, Scully
Bad news about Robertson. Hope he's not out for too long. We need him.
(06-01-2024, 02:02 PM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: [ -> ]Norris
Pack, Morrell
Kamara, Whyte, Lane
Bishop

Subs

Nice to see Lowery back  ... he is the most natural replacement we've got for Robertson if he is out for a while.

But if I was Stevenson I'd be pissed off to see Martin on the bench ahead of me, especially when we've already got a left-winger on the bench and only one defensive player on it.  Assuming he is fit of course.
The owners really need to spend some money now Robertson is out for a long while. Terrible news.
(06-01-2024, 02:10 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]The owners really need to spend some money now Robertson is out for a long while. Terrible news.

Who on ?  Decent no. 10s at this level are like rockinghorse shit at the best of times but hoping that a decent one will be let go mid-season is very optimistic.  I think you'd be hard pushed to find one better than Lowery. 

Depends a bit on how long Robertson is out, if it's just a hamstring it may not be that long.
(06-01-2024, 02:18 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2024, 02:10 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]The owners really need to spend some money now Robertson is out for a long while. Terrible news.

Who on ?  Decent no. 10s at this level are like rockinghorse shit at the best of times but hoping that a decent one will be let go mid-season is very optimistic.  I think you'd be hard pushed to find one better than Lowery. 

Depends a bit on how long Robertson is out, if it's just a hamstring it may not be that long.

We seem to have terrible luck with injuries.

Robertson injury is fairly serious according to jordan cross. Not just a couple of weeks.
(06-01-2024, 02:08 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2024, 02:02 PM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: [ -> ]Norris
Pack, Morrell
Kamara, Whyte, Lane
Bishop

Subs

Nice to see Lowery back  ... he is the most natural replacement we've got for Robertson if he is out for a while.

But if I was Stevenson I'd be pissed off to see Martin on the bench ahead of me, especially when we've already got a left-winger on the bench and only one defensive player on it.  Assuming he is fit of course.

Mousinho's commitment to Martin is certainly strange, given that he was brought in as short term cover and, presumably, didn't expect any game time.
It looks like Mousinho just doesn't rate Stevenson. He's basically an emergency holding midfielder at present.
Today we need to find creativity and goals. Pack and Morrell should be enough in the defensive half so options on the bench (Lowery, Scully, Saydee, Devlin) seems to make sense. Might be different if it was a different opponent today.
A big chance for Whyte in the middle, lets hope he can repay Mouse's faith.
sounds largely sterile again. bits and pieces of play but nothing to get excited about. We seem to have lost some of our spark away from home.
Pretty dour sounding first half. Not creating any really good chances. If Kamara can take one of the chances he's had could be 1-0 up it sounds. Whyte not into the game it sounds. With Robertson out injured let's hope Lowery can play at least 20 minutes next half. Looks like we're needing 3-4 new recruits in the transfer window.
(06-01-2024, 03:49 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]sounds largely sterile again. bits and pieces of play but nothing to get excited about. We seem to have lost some of our spark away from home.

5 shots on target, which is more than usual. 

But it does sound a bit like a 0-0, which would not be the end of the world.  Cheltenham have been a decent team since Clarke took over.
(06-01-2024, 03:49 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]sounds largely sterile again. bits and pieces of play but nothing to get excited about. We seem to have lost some of our spark away from home.

I’m watching it and we look the better side but haven’t had any clear cut chances to score yet
(06-01-2024, 03:55 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

5 shots on target, which is more than usual. 

But it does sound a bit like a 0-0, which would not be the end of the world.  Cheltenham have been a decent team since Clarke took over.

Don't talk nonsense.

A 0 0 away to Cheltenham is awful. Especially given our previous results and the teams behind us.

It's a must win.
We are on top boys, should have had a penalty.... Kamara got them running scared, his full back is on a yellow now also.

Ref been sh*t
Very much normal service, excepting Stevenage, all the possession but, so far, no end product. Hopefully we can find a 2nd half goal from somewhere. Anything other than 3 points makes Pompey’s top spot extremely vulnerable.
Good goal by Raggett, then pathetic defensive error at the other end (by Raggett?)
losing would be a disaster
what a shambles. How many players do we need to stay in the top 2??? This is disastrous. we have to win this game I feel.
Looks like we are heading for another season in League One
Season over.
seems like a play off season coming our way... we really need to find some form soon. One win from 5 is obviously not good enough... but this one isn't over yet...
(06-01-2024, 04:18 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]seems like a play off season coming our way... we really need to find some form soon. One win from 5 is obviously not good enough... but this one isn't over yet...

What makes you think Pompey will make the play offs. For me it’s automatic or nothing. Have you forgotten their really poor record in previous play offs?
It would be a massive decline for us to miss the play offs. As for our record in play offs I made no mention of us winning them)))
Pages: 1 2 3