TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today/Match thread - Leyton Orient
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I’ll tell you how good he is, he took off Lane, left Kamara on the pitch and put on……wait for it…….Josh, I’m not fit to lick Abu’s boots, Martin.

What the very fuck??
True. But currently we are a laughing stock. Those scummers are enjoying their beer tonight.
We saw how good he is when he dropped Yengi after 4 wins on the bounce and we started playing like shit
I don't know about you but I don't seek a Pompey win every weekend because it disappoints a few farmhands wearing boat shoes down the coastline
And at at least we all get to admit Titchfield Blue is spot on again. Smartest bloke on this site
Every season this shit happens
League 1 ladies and gents.
(13-01-2024, 05:03 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Shut up, the manager has to go!
Walob!
He's lost arguably his best two players!
Bishop looks jaded and bereft of confidence.
This result will truly kick them up the backside or they will slide away through lack of confidence and lack of investment!
It's not rocket science.
In 2003 we were having a major blip at this time and Arry was twitching before going out and getting Steve stone, Tim sherwood and Uakubu. Off we went again.
Teams intent need to have that invested into them to freshen it up and relieve the pressure.
JM has done brilliantly and now must protect his charges and accept the flak, holding his hands up. But more importantly we must have new players to take us on to the championship
Not just numbers. What we get over two weeks will be a signal of intent, one way or another.
We are top albeit only until Posh and Bolton play again. We can come again but only with Michael Eisner releasing the purse strings.
It is that simple.
So please stop with the knee jerk 'sack the manager' BS. He's been brilliant so far.
Signing Stone, Sherwood and the Yak didn't stop Arry twitching though.
Here we fucking go again! Another fuck up from the serial fuck up champions of the world. Another manager out of his depth, another squad without the wherewithal and minerals to get the job done.
Good number of lads cupping their ear when Colby missed. Do not pick a fight with the Pompey fans!
Mousiniho is being found out big time, he either adapts or fucks off. Simple.
Orient aren’t average, they came with an attacking game plan and put us to the sword. It was embarrassing. We have 2 tactics, 1) fuck about with the ball taking about 8 passes to get to the halfway line, then boot it out to the wings. 2) Let Norris punt it up to the wings and hope for the best.
That’s it folks that’s our tactics. Other than Lane or Bish we have no goalscorers. Kamara fannie’s about , getting into decent positions then doing absolutely feck all. We don’t have a 10 and this has been obvious since we sold Chaplin.
Why have we bought a left winger who is meant to be back from injury yet don’t play him?.
Thank goodness Ogilvie is back training.
The only good thing from today’s shambles is that Lowery looked good when he came on.
I’m sure Titchfieldred has spunked half a dozen pairs of panties.
(13-01-2024, 05:31 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Good number of lads cupping their ear when Colby missed. Do not pick a fight with the Pompey fans!

“Cupping their ear”  Big Grin I wanted to boot him straight in the nuts! He wants to put his ego to bed and just concentrate on being a decent league one goal scorer, because recently he hasn’t looked that. In fact we seem less fluid going forward with him back in the team than when he was injured.
(13-01-2024, 05:04 PM)Slagger Wrote: [ -> ]Other teams manage their seasons with smaller squads. Just what are we doing wrong?

We started with 5 or 6 quality players and quite a big squad of decent enough back up players. But as the quality players have got injured or lost their mojo, the back up players aren't quite good enough on their own, however many of them we've got.
An experienced manager would have kicked his nuts for you for making such a stupid statement.
We have got used to it, but it still hurts!

Need some serious business if we are serious.
Build the team with the players you have, not those you wish you had.
If we cannot play out from the back, then do something else, like straight to the wings.
If we don't have a number ten, then put the poor bugger up front rather than make him look stupid.
Two wingers, two strikers, keep it simple.
If they are a big team, don't try and out muscle them with midgets.
For instance Lane, teach him that big centre halfs hate you running at them in the box. Do what they hate!
Never ever play favourites when the reserve does a good job. Yengi was fantastic and got dropped for a half fit Bishop.
Time to change the information I think.
442 maybe?
I suppose looking at the performances against Wycombe and Carlisle, Bristol Rovers at home, we scored in the very last minute from set pieces so in all honesty we hadn't really done enough to be convincing. We need established players now before we fall away completely. Now we'll see if the owners mean business.
(13-01-2024, 03:53 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Half time report - fucking cold and fucking shit

I think you could copy and paste for full time
Did we really need 4 wingers and a talented midget on the bench.
Stevenson must have seriously annoyed the manager, I do hope he asked for a transfer.
Pompey have 3 away games now, (the rearranged Oxford game has been scheduled for 30th Jan). Massive period after today's shambles.
They had a simple plan, very clear and very well played in the first half.
We seemed a bunch of individuals scattered about the pitch.
Lowery gave us a little hope for the rest of the season.
Can't say the same for Martin.
Scully warmed up very nicely for half an hour or so.

In a school team, all the crap/fat players would have got a run in the second half. We might as well have done the same.
That's what we said last week. Reaction? What reaction?
(13-01-2024, 05:36 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-01-2024, 05:31 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Good number of lads cupping their ear when Colby missed. Do not pick a fight with the Pompey fans!

“Cupping their ear”  Big Grin I wanted to boot him straight in the nuts! He wants to put his ego to bed and just concentrate on being a decent league one goal scorer, because recently he hasn’t looked that. In fact we seem less fluid going forward with him back in the team than when he was injured.

Don't criticise Bishop out loud, the sensitivity crew will be out in force, claiming he is the next Yakubu and we are being nasty to him!. 

Mr bang average league one striker....
After Bolton we all really fancied the fixtures for points.
Clearly so did the team.
Although that shambles today seem to have forgotten about being a team.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5