TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today/Match thread - Leyton Orient
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Yes bishop I think?
(13-01-2024, 06:19 PM)Dibdenblue Wrote: [ -> ]Well, here we go again. Another very disappointing and abject performance against a mid table or lower side. Another pace-less and pedestrian effort, I really expected more at home. That was an embarrassment and not good enough to survive in the championship.

It’s clear we don’t have enough going forward and very frustrating watching the ball continually being played backwards. I’m starting to get fed up watching Bishop going down 9 times out of ten now too. One striker of average height up front does not work if he’s not backed up by pace. 

Can’t remember really troubling their keeper any time in the match. This has been pretty similar of our last five games too.
Orient ripped us a new one in the first half and always looked dangerous going forward with pace and purpose. Schoolboy defending from 2 corners and missing a penalty all in the first half is just unacceptable if you’re seriously expecting to be automatic promotion contenders.

I still find it very hard to believe Moushino is adamant about being happy with our 2.5 man strike force. Saddee is not really a Striker, or if he is not a very good one (0 goals so far), Bishop is very capable but is not at his best, and our only other forward is away for a couple of months. Incidentally why did Yengi go to the African cup of nations so early? How can you be happy with 1.5 strikers and expect to stay top of the league. 
When you look at the strike forces and pace on offer from the squads of our true promotion rivals, sadly it’s looking very much like playoffs at best, and we all know how that normally end.

We have just under 3 weeks left to try and bring in some experienced quality recruits with pace this window. This is likely to cost proper money, and whilst it doesn’t guarantee anything, if we are to compete and stand any chance of the autos then has to be worth the risk.
Apparently the owners are on the same page and are in full support so fingers crossed we don’t just settle for a couple of youngster that may show some potential like the last few seasons. 

Here’s hoping, Play up Pompey!
I watched the Australia v India game last night here in Queensland. The first half Oz strikers could not hit a barn door. Half time the commentators (whoever they were)  said "we need to change the front line, we have Yengi on the bench" But they didnt. They got two cakey goals and Yengi was not used, despite Australia bringing on six subs. Neither team seemed to be able to control a pass.
My question is, we have lost a decent player to this two bob tournament and Australia have not used him yet.
That game was shite BTW.
(13-01-2024, 10:10 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-01-2024, 09:56 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve read some really ridiculous comments on here over the years but calling for JM to be replaced when we’re still top of the league ( albeit in a blip), is quite possibly the top of the pile. We really do have some fucking dins on this site.

Its not a blip it's a complete collapse.

You don't even go to games so can't comment accurately son.

What do mean I don’t go to games you fucking mong. I’m a STH in the Fratton End you scummer cooont
Additionally, he says he wasn't there yesterday and yet here he is commenting on the game. Twat.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5