TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The Colossal Calling Carlisle Crap Contest Caper.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Now they’ve been de-Moxonated, will they roll over and meekly die or will they stand in defiance and kick him all over the pitch. 

As Hammie stated, we’ve just played like champions. We need to keep it going.

We need to be arrogant, majestic.

I’m going for a three nil win to the mighty Fratton boys.
You really are a cunning linguist. Love your optimism but I reckon it’ll be a close run affair. 2-1 to the mighty blues
Saturdays game is the very definition of how important the first goal is!

If Pompey go 1-0 up inside the first 15/20 minutes, then Carlisle's fans could turn on their Team who'll then become nervy on the ball, and we could simply out class them and go on to win 3-0

Concede an early goal and Carlisle (who've lost 5 in a row I think) will suddenly gain in self belief, battle like hell for every ball, and drag Pompey into a real scrap on a muddy pitch in a remote forgotten corner of the North on a cold February day.....and we all know how that's likely to end!

So c'mon lad's....impose yourselves on the opposition straight from the kick off and show your true class.
I’m going for 2-1 Pompey. It’s away and we’re never at our best against teams in the bottom half.
After watching us demolish Northamptin, Carlisle will n doubt be parking the bus. Our creative players should be able to pock the lock though. I'll go for 1-0 Pompey smash n grab in the 95th min
I don't think Carlisle can afford to park the bus. A point isn't good enough for a team 11 points from safety with time in the season running out.

They'll be desperate, and dangerous because of that, but a couple of first half goals will hopefully take the wind out of their sails and maybe, as MostlySunny aid, get the home crowd on their back. Clearly they don't give up based on the weekend result at Orient but neither are they a massive goal threat with only 3 attempts all game.

Play our game and not theirs and the points are there for the taking.
We've got another big away crowd for Carlisle.Should be a great atmosphere especially if the football is as good as Saturday was
Going to be a miserable week of weather up there by sounds of it but agree Carlisle have to go for wins now to have a chance of staying up. Should open the door for us unless they take an early lead. 3-1 Pompey.
heading into the part of the season where the worst sides suddenly get better.
But we should have enough for them.
Wonder if the team is going up and staying over night, a very long old drive.
(05-02-2024, 09:39 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]We've got another big away crowd for Carlisle.Should be a great atmosphere especially if the football is as good as Saturday was

I heard Yak is going up for this one, but he's going up early and taking a paint brush
(05-02-2024, 01:47 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]heading into the part of the season where the worst sides suddenly get better.

A long haul, indeed. Think how stiff you are after a long drive. Think how much worse it is for sports people needing their legs in top condition. Perhaps they need to do some calisthenics on the coach up.
PH, Lang and Lane playing behind Bishop on Saturday looked a big threat.
Think I'll back us to score a few again.  3-0
Phew, Carlisle away. Went up there with Mike Neasom in his clapped out Vauxhall Viva one year. What an epic journey that turned out to be....
(05-02-2024, 02:43 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2024, 01:47 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]heading into the part of the season where the worst sides suddenly get better.

A long haul, indeed. Think how stiff you are after a long drive. Think how much worse it is for sports people needing their legs in top condition. Perhaps they need to do some calisthenics on the coach up.

Hopefully the players will fly up to Newcastle. Stuff the green agenda, we have an important match the following Tuesday!
Snow,snow,snow.
The players stayed in a hotel before the Vale game.

No reason to think they wouldn't stay over for this one.
A lot further than Vale too
(05-02-2024, 04:05 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]The players stayed in a hotel before the Vale game.

No reason to think they wouldn't stay over for this one.

Pretty sure they stay overnight for every away game, unless very local.
I’ve only been to Carlisle once. The Flying Scotsman had pulled into the station (not in its heyday, I might add!). My mate got caught short and he pissed on its wheel. Not very respectful of a national treasure but we laughed anyway.
Talking of The Flying Scotsman, anyone remember the pub of the same name at Kings Cross, a regular haunt of Pompey fans on their return from away games up north.
(05-02-2024, 05:31 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Talking of The Flying Scotsman, anyone remember the pub of the same name at Kings Cross, a regular haunt of Pompey fans on their return from away games up north.

Are you sure it was called that?  Big Grin
(05-02-2024, 05:32 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2024, 05:31 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Talking of The Flying Scotsman, anyone remember the pub of the same name at Kings Cross, a regular haunt of Pompey fans on their return from away games up north.

Are you sure it was called that?  Big Grin

There are some things I don't need to look up, C.
Seedy place just by the station known more for its....ehem..."female entertainment" than beer.
It's still there, at the bottom of Caledonian Road. Now called The Scottish Stores, I think.
I do wonder if there are many youths who would even know what the Flying Scotsman is.
Yes, Caledonian Road, that's the one. This would have been the early 90s.
Always a good place to cheer us up after the usual grim returns of a northern away day.
Funny thing, we would run the gauntlet of other fans at Kings Cross and then see the same lot all chummy with us now at the pub half and hour later. Time and a place for everything, I suppose.
Pages: 1 2 3