TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Thank you Michael Eisner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here's the latest interview with ME at FP...

Michael Eisner: It's Great To Be Back - News - Portsmouth (portsmouthfc.co.uk)

Bearing in mind that this is the man who almost single handily saved Disney back in the 80's / 90's, we should be pretty confident that he is more than capable of building long term success at FP.....something that in all my years of supporting Pompey, we've never had (always been short term thinking mixed with occasional / periodic success).

When you see what has happened to the likes of Reading (today's opponent's), I think how fortunate we are to have ME at the helm.....so thank you Sir....you're doing a fine job!
Hear hear.

At least you’ve stopped worrying about Raggett now. Far more positive.
(17-02-2024, 07:25 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Hear hear.

I always worry about Raggers Cunny.....but I'll still be cheering him on this afternoon.

C'mon Lads, show the Eisner's how we do things! 3-0 Pompey!!
(17-02-2024, 08:03 AM)Mostlysunny Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-02-2024, 07:25 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Hear hear.

I always worry about Raggers Cunny.....but I'll still be cheering him on this afternoon.

C'mon Lads, show the Eisner's how we do things! 3-0 Pompey!!

This ‘worrying about Raggett’ thing has all the hallmarks of a cultish belief.

If you actually watch him he is a really good defender and is OK on the ball. 

His style is a little bit unorthodox but that doesn’t mean he can’t play ffs.

It’s all a myth. Every defender makes mistakes but because the perceived ‘wisdom’ is that we need to ‘worry about Raggett’, any slight mistake he makes is magnified out of all proportion. Similarly if he is beaten by an attacker that is the end of the world. ALL defenders are beaten by attacking players on a regular basis, good teams have covering players to deal with the threat most of the time.

Get a grip ffs.
The lack of a list of Raggetts mistakes, confirms what I already know.
Yes this board is rather good at Raggett myths.
No fear concerning Rags - booming header crashing into the Milton End net today.

Very positive vibes from Michael Eisner, and rightly so . On course for two ©hampionship trophies, and, I must say this -

....... A man who has DONE what he promised to do.

Many thanks Mr Eisner.
Academy wants a word.
Fortunately, he seems to not give any regard to the comments made by some faceless fools on social media.
(17-02-2024, 09:23 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]Academy wants a word.

I'm pretty sure that he did not realise back then, quite how stitched up the academy system is, in favour of the Premier league. And to be honest the current academy systems produce few players ready to play in the mens' leagues anyway. 
Still going ahead with a dome and all that but we have had more urgent needs for the money.
Now the ground has increased our income and the refurbed Fratton End bar will do the same, there will e a bit more for the extras. 
Still seems that picking up others' older rejects is probably better than bringing on the best youngsters only for them to be poached without refusal.
(17-02-2024, 09:38 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Fortunately, he seems to not give any regard to the comments made by some faceless fools on social media.

Let's hope Abu feels the same way eh?
(17-02-2024, 09:21 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]No fear concerning Rags - booming header crashing into the Milton End net today.

Very positive vibes from Michael Eisner, and rightly so . On course for two ©hampionship trophies, and, I must say this -

....... A man who has DONE what he promised to do.

Many thanks Mr Eisner.

Eisner had nothing to do with the Lge 2 Championship, that was McInnes' parting gift. 

Or did you mean the lg1 trophy this year and the Championship next year ?
Even if we did not win a thing and he sold the club, he has done more for the long term position of Pompey than any other owner I have known.
(17-02-2024, 11:14 AM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-02-2024, 09:38 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Fortunately, he seems to not give any regard to the comments made by some faceless fools on social media.

Let's hope Abu feels the same way eh?

I think his managers comments reflect the views of the more enlightened of us.
A very good inspirational interview with our Boss
And a BIG thank you from me also.
Was he referring to the women winning their league maybe?
I find myself agreeing with the manager also. He drops Raggett every opportunity he gets.
Zzzzzzzzzzz
(17-02-2024, 02:26 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I find myself agreeing with the manager also. He drops Raggett every opportunity he gets.

He should get Raggett to lead the fitness and conditioning training.
Tornante have been very good owners. Their faceless online critics say they got the club on the cheap but have invested sizable sums into the club. Fratton Park is looking better than ever and the club is upwardly mobile. It's almost as if a successful businessman knows who to run a business better than skme faceless twatter twits.
(17-02-2024, 06:19 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Tornante have been very good owners. Their faceless online critics say they got the club on the cheap but have invested sizable sums into the club. Fratton Park is looking better than ever and the club is upwardly mobile. It's almost as if a successful businessman knows who to run a business better than skme faceless twatter twits.

Absolutely spot on (WUM please note)
DSMG asked:- Was he referring to the women winning their league maybe?

Yes indeed DS that is exactly what I was referring to - its on - and all to the glory and benefit of PFC !
(17-02-2024, 02:26 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]I find myself agreeing with the manager also. He drops Raggett every opportunity he gets.

He also plays Martin on a regular basis too. I’m not sure I’ve got total confidence in JM yet.
Five minutes Cunni in about 3 games
Until an U21's or B team is established, under the present management the Academy players don't have a defined pathway - under Cowley more so as many U18's got lots of minutes with the first team training - under Mousinho his remit is understandably to get out of L1 at all cost so Academy is ignored / not priority.

Understandable if Academy players get disillusioned and their agents start looking around for other opportunities.
Many clubs with U21's etc have already offered pro contracts to U18's for stability and to protect their investments.
Pages: 1 2 3