TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Norris
Rafferty, Raggett, Shaughnessy, Sparkes
Peart-Harris , Pack
Kamara, Lang, Lane
Bishop

Subs
Macey, Martin, Towler, Yengi, Saydee, Moxon, Swanson
Oh dear, Sparkes and Rolf Harris, let’s hope it’s enough .
It looks like " The Moose" is protecting Moxon from a booking that would earn him a suspension - good management if it doesn't go pear shaped with "Rolf ".....
(09-03-2024, 02:11 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Oh dear, Sparkes and Rolf Harris, let’s hope it’s enough .

I thought Peart-Harris played OK last week after his mistake. 

He passes the ball very quickly, which suits the way JM wants us to play. 

No problem with Sparkes either, he is a more than adequate replacement when Ogilvie is out.
Oh shit…Sparkes in at LB. We haven’t got a prayer of winning the game today. Sparkes was skinned over and over again by the Tangerines right winger when we played them at home a few months ago. I
(09-03-2024, 02:21 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Oh shit…Sparkes in at LB. We haven’t got a prayer of winning the game today. Sparkes was skinned over and over again by the Tangerines right winger when we played them at home a few months ago. I

It means Pack will have to drift over to cover Sparkes leaving MPH even more exposed. At risk of sounding like the little Scummer boy WUM, I have a bad feeling about this one.
Owen Dale?
I like Lang, but I'd rather keep him back with both MPH and Moxon joining Pack to start.
I prefer glass half full and reckon Sparkes will have been drilled. They’ve also lost a wingback and centre-mid to knee injuries in the last couple of weeks.
(09-03-2024, 02:30 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Owen Dale?

Language
(09-03-2024, 02:35 PM)TiHKAL Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer glass half full and reckon Sparkes will have been drilled. They’ve also lost a wingback and centre-mid to knee injuries in the last couple of weeks.

Sparkes is probably faster than Ogilvie, but not as solid defensively.  Dembele isn't an out and out right winger and plays all along the front line so it won't just be Sparkes' job to contain him.  

But containing him is the key to winning this game.
On the plus side, Sparkes should offer us a threat with his set pieces. If he can recreate that spell earlier in the season when he became an assist machine then it would be very handy.
Where is Ogilvie?
(09-03-2024, 02:19 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like " The Moose" is protecting Moxon from a booking that would earn him a suspension - good management if it doesn't go pear shaped  with "Rolf ".....

I thought moxon was 2 yellows away and this is the only left where it counts? Either way, I'd put a plank of wood instead of mph in midfield. I guess it'll confusing the hell out of Blackpool until they realise they can walk straight through our midfield.

Play up pompey!
(09-03-2024, 02:52 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Where is Ogilvie?

Injured apparantly. He wasn't moving that well last weekend.
If Moxon picks up a yellow today it would trigger a suspension.
On the plus we have done well protecting him and I for one cannot wait for the lad to be at full combat readiness.
Some of his play for Carlisle was just what we need and he's a talent, no doubt about that.
We need to be on it from the start and shake them up.
A first 15 minutes that we had at Barnsley would be awesome
Looked injured last week tbh so not surprised. Pity though.
(09-03-2024, 02:59 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Looked injured last week tbh so not surprised. Pity though.

got clattered in the first half lat week, played on but was struggling
(09-03-2024, 02:19 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2024, 02:11 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Oh dear, Sparkes and Rolf Harris, let’s hope it’s enough .

No problem with Sparkes either, he is a more than adequate replacement when Ogilvie is out.

Disagree I'm afraid Deeps. Rolf flatters to deceive and offers not much at all. As for Sparkes, its no coincidence we regained our winning streak when Ogilvie came back. Sparkes leaves us weaker in defence and I'd go so far to say that if/when we get promoted,that Sparkes is not good enough for the Championship.
Windy conditions not making for a great game so far. Only thing worse than the game is the pitch. Awful surface.
(09-03-2024, 03:21 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2024, 02:19 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Disagree I'm afraid Deeps. Rolf flatters to deceive and offers not much at all. As for Sparkes, its no coincidence we regained our winning streak when Ogilvie came back. Sparkes leaves us weaker in defence and I'd go so far to say that if/when we get promoted,that Sparkes is not good enough for the Championship.

That's just not true. Sparkes started in all 4 games we won with a 10-0 aggregate after the defeat against Blackpool.  Our record with him in the team is no worse than our record with Ogilvie, but I'd agree Ogilvie is better.
This MPH in the deeper role thing isn’t working.
Rhodes off! Elbow on Raffs
We are playing with the handbrake firmly on. Every time we have a chance to counter attack, we slowed it down. This encouraged pressure from Blackpool as they got braver, knowing we weren't interested in punishing them for pouring forwards. 

Then comes the red. I couldn't see it on the replay but apparently an elbow?

If we get into 3rd gear, we should win this. They have lost their CB to injury and heir striker to a red. No better opportunity to go on and get 3 points now. Just need to be a little bit braver going forwards 2nd half.
Pages: 1 2 3