TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The Big Beautiful Burton Bounceback Is Brewing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
"We couldn't beat Blackpool or Charlton away recently".

Both of which you assured us that PFC would lose.

What colour are your specs?
A scratched record
Tit(ch)field Thunderbolt you do realise that Derby have several players out due to injuries as do Bolton. I have no doubt that Pish and the other teams chasing promotion have several players out injured in their squads as well.

We are far from being alone in having to cope with multiple injuries at this point in the season, however we are undoubtably very well placed due to  our recruitment in January which means we still have a very strong squad.
(10-03-2024, 09:56 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]"We couldn't beat Blackpool or Charlton away recently".

I’d venture that the specs are horn-rimmed, flecked with horse shit and held together with a plaster after a loose hoof from Betsy trying to get him off.
Successful people and sports teams take opportunities when they come. Tomorrow is a golden opportunity; it is on paper our easiest game left.

Let's not forget we have had 2 draws in the last 3 games too. That's not great form. Even a win in one of those away games would have put us in a much better position.

Burton will make it tough for us but you would hope there is enough quality in the squad still to beat Burton.

On the injury front, I'm not sure there have been another team in England who have been hit as hard as us. Liverpool have struggled but even they haven't had as many season ending injuries to key players.

For the Barnsley game next weekend we will also be without Yengi and Lane too. Bare bones etc.

A win tomorrow is absolutely vital to get to the expected points total for automatic promotion, just look at our remaining fixtures and do the maths.

People on here are playing tomorrow down but look at who we have left to play and the players we currently have out.

We will know by 9.45pm GMT tomorrow whether we are realistically looking at automatic promotion or a playoff finish.

Tomorrow HAS to be a WIN.

Have a good week all.
(10-03-2024, 10:43 PM)TiHKAL Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2024, 09:56 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]"We couldn't beat Blackpool or Charlton away recently".

I’d venture that the specs are horn-rimmed, flecked with horse shit and held together with a plaster after a loose hoof from Betsy trying to get him off.

Don't know why anyone seeks to discuss anything with this sad, attention seeking kunt who has never predicted a pompey victory at any point.

This apparently grown up individual is probably on Ipswich, Leeds and Wrexham sites just spouting this same sort of nonsense. He should be embarrassed to call himself a wum and admin should are fools for letting him clutter up the board with utter buĺlshit. 

Ps: I'm replying to billthecat and not the nobend himself.
Moose in his interview with "Spammer Allen from The Snooze" says Lang is not as bad as feared & is 50/50. Sparkes is fine & fit for tomorrow & Ogilvie has made great strides & is back out on grass but not full training - now saying around 3 weeks for him.
Great news.
I would risk Lang tmrw if Evans is definitely available for Peterborough.
(11-03-2024, 10:44 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2024, 10:43 PM)TiHKAL Wrote: [ -> ]

Don't know why anyone seeks to discuss anything with this sad, attention seeking kunt who has never predicted a pompey victory at any point.

This apparently grown up individual is probably on Ipswich, Leeds and Wrexham sites just spouting this same sort of nonsense. He should be embarrassed to call himself a wum and admin should are fools for letting him clutter up the board with utter buĺlshit. 

Ps: I'm replying to billthecat and not the nobend himself.

The grief I got for suggesting that a while back and he's still spouting the same crap.
Fuck me, some positive injury news for once. I must admit I thought the Lang one would be a season ender.
(11-03-2024, 05:01 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Fuck me, some positive injury news for once. I must admit I thought the Lang one would be a season ender.

I reckon he'll save Lang for Peterborough and hope we squeeze over the line against Burton. Mind you, Mousinho does like to play games with injury news (for obvious reasons) so he's probably out for 6 months for all I know. I also think that Robertson's injury is a bluff and he's been saved for the derby, bolton and barnsley trilogy....

All I could be talking total titchfield blue.
(11-03-2024, 08:55 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-03-2024, 05:01 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Fuck me, some positive injury news for once. I must admit I thought the Lang one would be a season ender.

I reckon he'll save Lang for Peterborough and hope we squeeze over the line against Burton. Mind you, Mousinho does like to play games with injury news (for obvious reasons) so he's probably out for 6 months for all I know. I also think that Robertson's injury is a bluff and he's been saved for the derby, bolton and barnsley trilogy....

All I could be talking total titchfield blue.

Ha! 'Talking titchfield' is an excellent phrase.
I've got this funny feeling we might see Scully called into action tomorrow.
if we could get Scully properly fit and playing he is a decent player and could help us during the run in.
More realistically, if we can keep Lang fit and playing til the end of the season, he looks to be the difference between this lat season team and previous years. Not sure I would risk him against Burton if he is remotely dodgy. MPH, Saydee or our Aussie are all good enough to play in the ten role.
(11-03-2024, 10:25 AM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Successful people and sports teams take opportunities when they come. Tomorrow is a golden opportunity; it is on paper our easiest game left.

Let's not forget we have had 2 draws in the last 3 games too. That's not great form. Even a win in one of those away games would have put us in a much better position.

Burton will make it tough for us but you would hope there is enough quality in the squad still to beat Burton.

On the injury front, I'm not sure there have been another team in England who have been hit as hard as us. Liverpool have struggled but even they haven't had as many season ending injuries to key players.

For the Barnsley game next weekend we will also be without Yengi and Lane too. Bare bones etc.

A win tomorrow is absolutely vital to get to the expected points total for automatic promotion, just look at our remaining fixtures and do the maths.

People on here are playing tomorrow down but look at who we have left to play and the players we currently have out.

We will know by 9.45pm GMT tomorrow whether we are realistically looking at automatic promotion or a playoff finish.

Tomorrow HAS to be a WIN.

Have a good week all.
Do you think the game will definitely be on, or is it likely to snow?
It should stop raining about 5pm-ish. I do think the weather will affect team selection though. I can’t see JM risking Evans, Lang or Swanson on a heavy pitch.
I reckon
Norris
Raff, Raggs, Shaughs, Sparkes
Pack, Moxon
Kamara, MPH( unfortunately),Lane
Bish.

Macey, Swanson, Towler, Saydee, Martin, Whyte, Yengi,
Does anyone know what happened with Scully? Is he out with a season-long injury?
Saydee is built for a heavy pitch.
(12-03-2024, 10:45 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know what happened with Scully? Is he out with a season-long injury?

I saw him warming up in a recent pre match but didn’t make the squad. My guess is he is fit but not considered ready. Probably writing off this season and looking to start afresh pre season.
(12-03-2024, 10:51 AM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2024, 10:45 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know what happened with Scully? Is he out with a season-long injury?

I saw him warming up in a recent pre match but didn’t make the squad. My guess is he is fit but not considered ready. Probably writing off this season and looking to start afresh pre season.

Extraordinary to think that someone like Martin is ahead of him in the pecking order.
(10-03-2024, 09:08 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I missed the Blackpool bore fest. I fucking hate nil nil results with a passion and I’d sooner lose….we’ll, almost.

Tuesday night, under the lights, at Fratton. It’s gonna be great!

This lot got walloped by Peterborough on Saturday, at home. We need to show that we’re back on track and steamrollering towards the championship, as champs.

It’s going to be interesting to see what the injury count is this week. It’s a bloody nightmare, ain’t it? Never mind ‘bare bones’, Harry wouldn’t have had a phrase to describe this season.

Need to get Moxon alongside Pack for this game. If MPH is going to play then it needs to be in a role more suited to him. 

A cautious 3-0 from me.
You didn't miss much. Listened on Silent the watched highlights. Hit the post 3 times, normally 1 would have gone in.Red card was a joke now rescinded today. Ref was totally useless! MPH best to be in No. 10 role making some killer passes & running at their defence. 3-0 as well anything less unacceptable.
Good morning everyone.

Tonight's game is down to one thing; can Pompey handle the pressure and hold their nerve or will we bottle it?

I really don't think Pompey will hold their nerve when it comes to crunch time. Hope I'm wrong.
Me too.
Why would you say that, based on what? You F**kin Village
Pages: 1 2 3 4