TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The Big Beautiful Burton Bounceback Is Brewing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(12-03-2024, 12:18 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Good morning everyone.

Tonight's game is down to one thing; can Pompey handle the pressure and hold their nerve or will we bottle it?

I really don't think Pompey will hold their nerve when it comes to crunch time. Hope I'm wrong.

...... and can us, the crowd, handle the pressure. 
A match of non stop support like the end of the last home game would help the team.
Load moaning from the usual culprits could help us cock it up.

Tuesday under the lights, kids for a quid, the Milton mostly Pompey (including me) could be a fantastic atmosphere if the team will go for it from the off.

Tonight's game is down to one thing; can Pompey handle the pressure and hold their nerve or will we bottle it?

I really don't think Pompey will hold their nerve when it comes to crunch time. Hope I'm wrong.

You normally are.

I really don't think Pompey will hold their nerve when it comes to crunch time. Hope I'm wrong

It looks like you are the one  getting  nervy "Tit(ch)field Thunderbolt". Will you  overpressurise,  blow a gasket, jump the tracks and be de-railed  tonight?  Big Grin
If Foxleyblue is agreeing with Tit on this, I think they are one.
(12-03-2024, 05:42 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]If Foxleyblue is agreeing with Tit on this, I think they are one.

Wrong I'm afraid I only agreed with him saying "Hope I'm wrong"
I just added.. me too

He said = "I really don't think Pompey will hold their nerve when it comes to crunch time. Hope I'm wrong."

TBF I can see how you came to that conclusion, as I haven't participated in this forum for that long. Just a lurker b/4   Tongue
Let's go to town on Burton. An early goal and some football to put them on the 'rack'!
Play ourselves into a 'really good headspace' going into a few 'tougher' games.
We keep taking 3 points, we keep piling the pressure on the others.
They are already starting to talk on other teams boards that we just don't make enough mistakes and the last 10 games have proven them right.
Tonight is just another 3 points on our way to the title
(11-03-2024, 09:10 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]I've got this funny feeling we might see Scully called into action tomorrow.

Perhaps not....
Lincoln already 1-0 up.

Burton hit the bar!!
Carlisle 1- 0 Barnsley
Ohhh Marlon that was close. Pompey hit bar too now
Barnsley equalise
72% possession. Need a goal from it.
How has Yengi missed that? Could be one of those evenings.
(12-03-2024, 08:26 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]How has Yengi missed that? Could be one of those evenings.

All is forgiven my Australian Prince.
A mixed performance from Yengi. A dreadful miss, a moment of sheer brilliance in the box and a very dodgy penalty take. He was very fortunate to get away with that.

It should be noted that the first time Lane moved out to the right, it resulted in the best ball into the six yard box.

Saydee definitely impressed in the early stages. He’s more than justified his place in the side.
We need to get Josh Martin on and finish them off ...
What is it with Oxford? They pull the stops out against us and roll over v Bolton.
(12-03-2024, 09:28 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]What is it with Oxford? They pull the stops out against us and roll over v Bolton.

And wtf is going on with Lincoln…? Best calm that down before the end of the season
Hanging on near the end and they could easily have had a penalty. Still, all's well that ends well. Very necessary win with all the others winning and difficult games coming up. Gonna be a nail biter.
(10-03-2024, 09:06 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Getting nervous for this game now.

Hope you didn't further stain your red and white stripey pants  Wink
Titfield will be pleased.
Another game to the good, 3 points.
Another player steps up to the plate.
Another way we can play.
Pompey are doing this, and doing it well.
Jeez we made harder work of that than necessary. Burton's physicality caused some serious problems at the end. MPH looks a bit of a luxury player for the time being. Moxon has all the right physical attributes but isn't entirely settled in the side yet, a lot of heavy touches.

On the plus side, three points to maintain the gap, a full match for Saydee who was excellent until he understandably faded a bit. Two goals for Yengi who will have days where he plays a whole lot better than that without getting a goal.
First team to 60 points - no problem
4 games later
First team to 70 points - no problem
4 games later
First team to 80 points!

I'd like to see us tank a side or two again but I'm very happy the way we just do enough everytime it seems
80 points after 38 games which is the same as Plymouth had last season. We would have to do very well to match their points haul after 46 games though.

Hopefully Sparkes is back for Saturday. I don't fancy 3 at the back against Posh.
Yengi took some right clattering in the first half, just in front of us. Thought he was outstanding except for his miss. (Just read the News, was that MPH who missed that chance?
3 points move on.
The front very young 4 or 5 will get even better, they tend to do a few too many frilly bits and extras when in the box and a simple ball would be the killer.
Yengi needs to learn the old fashioned slide in on your backside, collect the ball and with it into the net.
Pages: 1 2 3 4