TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The Big Beautiful Burton Bounceback Is Brewing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(12-03-2024, 10:04 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]80 points after 38 games which is the same as Plymouth had last season. We would have to do very well to match their points haul after 46 games though.

Hopefully Sparkes is back for Saturday. I don't fancy 3 at the back against Posh.

Yes fully agree. Let's hope Peterbro also drop a point or 3 tomorrow.
Overall not a great performance, but 3 points is 3 points.  Yengi is definitely the future up front. Kamara would be great if we can keep him (but I doubt it). MPH, thanks but no thanks. Moxon a bit ring-rusty still. Not sure whose fault the goal was, but they (defence) all played well overall.
One thing that I loved tonight was the way Bishop applauded Yengi off of the pitch before replacing him.
I think Bishop got awarded more free kicks in that cameo than he has in about 10 games. He still offers so much to the side, even when he isn't banging them in for fun. We did look that bit more mobile with Yengi though, Mous should rotate the pair wisely. Yengi has to start against Shrewsbury at home for example.

I sounded a bit too harsh on Moxon earlier. It was his tackle that got us out second goal really and I can tell he will be an excellent player for us but just had a bit of a trampoline touch today. It isn't easy to come into a new team halfway through the season with such a different expectation level.

Kamara excellent again and getting him a bit of a rest at the end of the game was handy. Pack was the MOTM, absolute Rolls Royce of a midfielder.
Yengi should've finished with his left foot.
Saydee should've just connected with the ball.
We should've made that easier but hey, winning is what it's about now.
Pack just seems to get better and better, not just his own game but he must be a real help to the very many youngsters learning in the first team now.
Vital win tonight. Holding on near the end though.

6 point gap to 3rd place.

Just got to keep winning, none of this settle for a draw from a particular game rubbish.
Looking at the replay of Yengi's miss. He absolutely sprinted 80 yards to get on the end of it. Shame he ended up in the net instead of the ball!
Happy birthday to me! Great present to start the day!
Happy Birthday Waf. I enjoyed it but from the 81st minute it got nervy. Never mind 3 points is 3 points. P.U.P.
Just back from FP about half an hour ago and I must admit it wasn't a great display.
The most important thing is that we won and earned another 3 points (only 8 games to go).

Personally I thought the front 5 were poor, verging on average.
Kamara was quiet and struggled to beat his man (granted he didn't have Rafferty backing him up).
Lane huffed and puffed.
MPH was,well MPH.
Yengi and Saydee looked exactly what they are - squad players that hadn't played together a great deal.
Saydee is definitely an impact player of the bench and Yengi doesn't give us the work rate that's required most games.
Moxon IMO would be behind Lowery,Morell,Robertson for that position, lets hope Lee Evans is fit soon.

Maybe I'm being harsh but I really hope this isn't the line up come Saturday.
On a positive note the defence were very good and Pack deserved his MOM.
Onwards and Upwards.
It's resembling that early part of the season a bit. Some slightly laboured performances against teams we should be beating more comfortably and a few slightly disappointing draws here and there. We have though tended to up it against the very best sides in the division so hopefully that pattern repeats.
I thought Kamara looked very impressive, until he tried to cross it. Pleased he got his assist; even Yengi couldn’t miss that one.

I don’t like seeing Lane on the left. It should be noted that his blistering run of form came to a halt when he was moved back to the left. He can’t get his crosses in at will and doesn’t look the same player out there. I think Kamara looks far better more central and I’d like to see the interplay between those two playing closer together.

I’ve hoped and tried to be positive about MPH but I’ve had enough now. He shouldn’t be on the pitch.

Not his best game but I really like Moxon.

Pack was absolutely outstanding. He deserves to go up as a part of a championship winning team.

It grieves me that Martin could get a medal at the end of the season.
Good atmosphere. Loved standing in the "terraces" in the Milton End, reminded me of my first ever Pompey game in the North Stand on a Boxing Day many decades ago.

Some complete howlers, two nailed on penalties at our end, one given to us, one not to them. Bad refereeing, nervy last 10 and the right result.

That penalty by Yengi though, just put your laces through it!
Funny old game, ain't it?
The most one-sided game I've witnessed all season
Every statistic available shows our dominance
Could have easily been 4 or 5 nil
Still, 3pts and we move on to Saturday.
Gavin Whyte should be in the match day squad more often IMO. His extra pace is handy when trying to see out games. He got groaned at for taking the negative option at one point but it is what the situation required.
(13-03-2024, 07:30 AM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Gavin Whyte should be in the match day squad more often IMO. His extra pace is handy when trying to see out games. He got groaned at for taking the negative option at one point but it is what the situation required.

Yes, I was quite impressed with his little cameo.
Fingers crossed Lang, Sparkes and Evans fit and firing from Sat onwards. Not a fan of MPH I’m afraid.
(12-03-2024, 06:16 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Let's go to town on Burton. An early goal and some football to put them on the 'rack'!
Play ourselves into a 'really good headspace' going into a few 'tougher' games.
We keep taking 3 points, we keep piling the pressure on the others.
They are already starting to talk on other teams boards that we just don't make enough mistakes and the last 10 games have proven them right.
Tonight is just another 3 points on our way to the title

they obviously didn't read your comment Yak
No they didn't, although we did really do enough for Burton to deserve nothing out of that
(12-03-2024, 10:56 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at the replay of Yengi's miss. He absolutely sprinted 80 yards to get on the end of it. Shame he ended up in the net instead of the ball!

the old timers would have slid into the net with the ball
Pages: 1 2 3 4