TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Vaccination passports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference the time it'll take entering the ground; wouldn't a vaccine passport be the same as the vaccine proof for travel? That's just a QR Code or barcode on your phone - so it'd only take a split second beep as you go through.

Edit: I just imagined 5000 old people trying to open the code on the way in. Skip it, I just answered myself.
(10-09-2021, 05:10 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]Reference the time it'll take entering the ground; wouldn't a vaccine passport be the same as the vaccine proof for travel? That's just a QR Code or barcode on your phone - so it'd only take a split second beep as you go through.

Edit: I just imagined 5000 old people trying to open the code on the way in. Skip it, I just answered myself.

Of course quite a few old gits don’t have mobiles, let alone know how to use QR codes  Smile .
Well this old git can and does along with the other old gits I know.
(10-09-2021, 10:06 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Well this old git can and does along with the other old gits I know.

So do I, but you are obviously one of the ‘I’m alright Jack’ types.

So what happens when someone’s phone malfunctions or runs out of charge? Or someone has lost their phone? Or any number of other things that might go wrong and cause problems that back the queue up. People won’t get in until after the game has started (not a problem for West wood of course  Smile ), there will be unrest and chaos.

All that for a measure which will lead to people milling about outside the stadium, thereby increasing the possibility of transmission.

This is bollox and those of you who go along with it have not engaged your grey matter.
The last thing I am is an ‘ I’m alright Jack’ type person. I don’t want to see ‘ passports’ but if they were made legal I’m not bothered. I’m sure there’ll be other versions such as QR code/ card types. I’m sure they’ll try and dumb it down so the vast majority of people will be able to use one without much bother.
May be if those who could have the jab but haven’t bothered because they believe Carol from FB. Then we wouldn’t need proof and everything would be simpler.
Righto so Draconian, Orwellian population control is not ok with you unless it's law, then that's fine because it applies to everyone. Bravo
(11-09-2021, 10:31 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Righto so Draconian, Orwellian population control is not ok with you unless it's law, then that's fine because it applies to everyone. Bravo

Draconian and Orwellian?  Don't see it as that, see it no different from numerous laws that direct us to either protect ourselves, other people, children and the environment.  I personally think a pandemic that has caused so much heartache and damage falls into this area.  Don't know how long any restrictions will last but confident it will be time limited. 

I'm more concerned about how the world is going avoid any future repeat.  For me it's necessary to find out all we can about this virus, stop it mutating into a more dangerous strain and avoiding another one like it down the road.    
(11-09-2021, 09:41 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]The last thing I am is an ‘ I’m alright Jack’ type person. I don’t want to see ‘ passports’ but if they were made legal I’m not bothered. I’m sure there’ll be other versions such as QR code/ card types. I’m sure they’ll try and dumb it down so the vast majority of people will be able to use one without much bother.
May be if those who could have the jab but haven’t bothered because they believe Carol from FB. Then we wouldn’t need proof and everything would be simpler.

It’s got nothing to do with ‘dumbing it down’ ffs, a lot of people don’t use FB (the sensible ones IMO) and some choose not to own ‘smart’ phones.

It would seem that you regard yourself as somehow superior to those who don’t want to own a phone and or have decided not to have a jab.

If people have been jabbed they can still spread the virus, if they haven’t they are only endangering themselves. They have that right.

Having to provide proof of vaccination for an outdoor event is dumb and the people who go along with that without questioning it are dumber.
(11-09-2021, 11:34 AM)Trarchus Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2021, 10:31 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Righto so Draconian, Orwellian population control is not ok with you unless it's law, then that's fine because it applies to everyone. Bravo

Draconian and Orwellian?  Don't see it as that, see it no different from numerous laws that direct us to either protect ourselves, other people, children and the environment.  I personally think a pandemic that has caused so much heartache and damage falls into this area.  Don't know how long any restrictions will last but confident it will be time limited. 

I'm more concerned about how the world is going avoid any future repeat.  For me it's necessary to find out all we can about this virus, stop it mutating into a more dangerous strain and avoiding another one like it down the road.    

This has got bugger all to do with protecting ourselves. other people, children or the environment. This is all to do with controlling the population to allow any government to control your freedoms, it just so happens the Covid has given the powers that be the perfect opportunity for them to do this under the guise of "protecting your loved ones". This is just the thin end of the wedge, it won't be many years before instead of having a National ID Card, you will have your own personal QR code and you won't be able to take a s**t without someone scanning it.
[quote="Jizbag

Teeftwo, I've just heard the director of the CDC on radio saying that virul load of the delta variant is the same in vaccinated people and unvaccinated. Also said that vaccinated are 6.72 times more likely to get infected than those with natural immunity. 

Just saying....
[/quote]

I repeat...

If this is true, and it is the director of the CDC who is quoted, then vaccine passports are useless and totally unnecessary.
Give up Jizzbag, you're like the kid who sticks his fingers in his ears going no no no. Why are the majority of covid patients in hospital not vaccinated???? If you don't think its important go visit a covid patient and don't bother with a mask, I'm sure you'll be fine. You can take ex gaffer with you as he thinks its only like the flu.
a) It’s got nothing to do with ‘dumbing it down’ ffs, a lot of people don’t use FB (the sensible ones IMO) and some choose not to own ‘smart’ phones.

b)It would seem that you regard yourself as somehow superior to those who don’t want to own a phone and or have decided not to have a jab.

a) Nobody mentioned social media and I mentioned 'cards' etc for those that don't have smart phones ( I would imagine its a very small percentage of phone owners who don't have a smartphone anyway).

b) If they don't own a phone I'm sure they can read about about it in a paper or on TV.
Not superior but evidently cleverer than those misguided individuals who believe in Carol or Jizzbag and choose not to get vaccinated
(11-09-2021, 02:38 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]a) It’s got nothing to do with ‘dumbing it down’ ffs, a lot of people don’t use FB (the sensible ones IMO) and some choose not to own ‘smart’ phones.

b)It would seem that you regard yourself as somehow superior to those who don’t want to own a phone and or have decided not to have a jab.

a) Nobody mentioned social media and I mentioned 'cards' etc for those that don't have smart phones ( I would imagine its a very small percentage of phone owners who don't have a smartphone anyway).

b) If they don't own a phone I'm sure they can read about about it in a paper or on TV.
Not superior but evidently cleverer than those misguided individuals who believe in Carol or Jizzbag and choose not to get vaccinated

I still think the safe pass or proof of vaccination only needs to be a condition of entry. Not necessarily checked  everytime and everyone. Random checks of 1 in 10 or so would deter the vast majority of buying a ticket and then being denied entry. For those without smartphones they can already get a vaccination certificate through the post which is required to travel to the majority of countries in Europe and beyond. Alot of the under 30's need to carry id to ensure they can get a beer from a bar or even Supermarket but i guess they are not challenged to produce it on every occasion
(11-09-2021, 02:32 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Give up Jizzbag, you're like the kid who sticks his fingers in his ears going no no no. Why are the majority of covid patients in hospital not vaccinated???? If you don't think its important go visit a covid patient and don't bother with a mask, I'm sure you'll be fine. You can take ex gaffer with you as he thinks its only like the flu.
You just carry on doing what the government want you to do there's a good chap. After all, they're entirely trustworthy as they've already proved. I mean none of them have broken any covid rules have they??

Shit if they were that worried about it do you honestly think they'd allow 70,000 in Old Trafford atm?? 

This isn't about a virus...
Of course not , the world is conspiring against you
(11-09-2021, 12:07 PM)suffolkpompey Wrote: [ -> ]This is all to do with controlling the population to allow any government to control your freedoms, it just so happens the Covid has given the powers that be the perfect opportunity for them to do this under the guise of "protecting your loved ones". This is just the thin end of the wedge, it won't be many years before instead of having a National ID Card, you will have your own personal QR code and you won't be able to take a s**t without someone scanning it.

As teeftwo said:

...it's part of being in a society. You are not free to do whatever you want, never have been. There's no freedom to drive without a license, there's no freedom to take what you want from a shop without paying, there's no freedom to operate as a doctor without the correct qualification and licensing. For some things you have to obey the laws to have the privilege and there's nothing wrong with that.

And anyway, it's not about control unless you're talking about controlling a global pandemic. As for National ID Cards, what's wrong with having having proof of identity. Only people trying to hide something should worry about that.
(11-09-2021, 05:08 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2021, 12:07 PM)suffolkpompey Wrote: [ -> ]This is all to do with controlling the population to allow any government to control your freedoms, it just so happens the Covid has given the powers that be the perfect opportunity for them to do this under the guise of "protecting your loved ones". This is just the thin end of the wedge, it won't be many years before instead of having a National ID Card, you will have your own personal QR code and you won't be able to take a s**t without someone scanning it.

As teeftwo said:

...it's part of being in a society. You are not free to do whatever you want, never have been. There's no freedom to drive without a license, there's no freedom to take what you want from a shop without paying, there's no freedom to operate as a doctor without the correct qualification and licensing. For some things you have to obey the laws to have the privilege and there's nothing wrong with that.

And anyway, it's not about control unless you're talking about controlling a global pandemic. As for National ID Cards, what's wrong with having having proof of identity. Only people trying to hide something should worry about that.

I agree with the first part, the second part is state control. Say someone doesn't want the vaccine because they don't trust it or they know someone who has had a bad reaction from it, is it fair that their life is restricted? Because they don't want to put something in their body that they don't trust?
Especially when the vaccine doesn't stop you getting or spreading covid.
(11-09-2021, 02:38 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]a) It’s got nothing to do with ‘dumbing it down’ ffs, a lot of people don’t use FB (the sensible ones IMO) and some choose not to own ‘smart’ phones.

Well if you think the vaccine stops you from getting or spreading the virus you really are not very clever at all  Smile .
Bluetag, I am vaccinated. double jabbed. I trained as a vaccinator for St Johns ambulance in February. This was when the government told us that when the vulnerable and elderly were jabbed we would get back to normal. Then it became the over 50's, then over 40's, then all those in their 20's and now it's 12-16yr olds who don't even need the jab. And then you see how the politicians carried on at the climate change summit and how Infantino comes swanning in from a red list country and appears at Wembley without quarantining. So I thought..nah this is bollocks and nothing to do with the virus.
They're taking the piss.

My son had the first jab, 27 yrs old. was very poorly after for a while and refuses to have the 2nd one. So now if the vaccine passports come in he can't have a normal life, because he's worried about having the 2nd dose. Fuck that and fuck vaccine passports. It's coercion and not what this country is about.
If you were a vaccinator I’m amazed as you hadn’t a clue about viruses - see teeftwo’s explanation to you . People have reactions , sometimes severe. I’m allergic to penicillin but I’d never tell anyone to refuse it ( unless they were allergic ).
My wife is a practice nurse manager and currently employed as a vaccinator. She spends most of her shifts calming the young ones down who are now getting the jab, because they’re bricking it because of the bollix they’ve been told and read on the internet.

Ex Gaffer I am very aware that I can get the virus and spread it, however having the jabs greatly reduce my chances of both. Exactly the same as the flu jab.

As I mentioned, the majority of people in hospital with Covid , haven’t been vaccinated or fully vaccinated. Unfortunately we live in the time of me me me and not us us us.
Wondering why a google search for news on the subject "cdc director delta variant" isn't turning up.anything about what Jizbag heard. You'd think someone would have picked up on that if it was true.

It's a control conspiracy obviously. #sigh
(11-09-2021, 08:37 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Wondering why a google search for news on the subject "cdc director delta variant" isn't turning up.anything about what Jizbag heard. You'd think someone would have picked up on that if it was true.

Nope, I heard it on the radio yesterday. Talk radio. It wasn't a quote but a recording of the director.
(11-09-2021, 08:20 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]If you were a vaccinator I’m amazed as you hadn’t a clue about viruses - see teeftwo’s explanation to you . People have reactions , sometimes severe. I’m allergic to penicillin but I’d never tell anyone to refuse it ( unless they were allergic ).
My wife is a practice nurse manager and currently employed as a vaccinator. She spends most of her shifts calming the young ones down who are now getting the jab, because they’re bricking it because of the bollix they’ve been told and read on the internet.

Ex Gaffer I am very aware that I can get the virus and spread it, however having the jabs greatly reduce my chances of both. Exactly the same as the flu jab.

As I mentioned, the majority of people in hospital with Covid , haven’t been vaccinated or fully vaccinated. Unfortunately we live in the time of me me me and not us us us.

The young ones generally don't need the vaccine unless they're vulnerable. I don't care if people have it or not, it's a choice. But I do care that it's creating a two tier society. 

If your child took the vaccine and died because of it would you still be saying that it was ok because it's for the greater good? And before you say I'm talking rubbish it has happened.

You won't convince me that it's 100% safe. And I'm entitled to my opinion.
(11-09-2021, 08:37 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Wondering why a google search for news on the subject "cdc director delta variant" isn't turning up.anything about what Jizbag heard. You'd think someone would have picked up on that if it was true.

I agree with some of what each of you say, and others on here too, and disagree with other bits. I also think that vaccination is a good thing and should be encouraged but I don't think people should be forced to by using vaccine passports to deny entry to events etc.

One point about vaccinating younger people is that it's not because they are likely to get seriously ill but if there is more transmission (even asymptomatic) there is more chance of new variants, however maybe this makes it more important to vaccinate poorer countries before our young?

The following article is interesting as if true surely vaccine passports could be pointless anyway...

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/article...s-of-virus
(11-09-2021, 08:20 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]If you were a vaccinator I’m amazed as you hadn’t a clue about viruses - see teeftwo’s explanation to you . People have reactions , sometimes severe. I’m allergic to penicillin but I’d never tell anyone to refuse it ( unless they were allergic ).

Are you being deliberately obtuse ffs?

Of course the vaccine reduces the chances of severe illness and death but that’s not the issue is it?

The ‘passport’ seems to be based on the fallacy that being vaccinated stops OTHERS from getting Covid and that is plainly not the case.

Anyone attending matches unvaccinated does so at their own risk, a risk they are entitled to take IMO.

As for youngsters, they are at very low risk from Covid, so I can understand that some of them might not want to have a vaccine which is not without risk itself.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5