TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: How many season tickets will we sell this season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
When the south stand and north stands have been tarted up, and with a capacity of 19,000 ish for this season, I think we will be looking at around 12,000 season ticket holders. 

Not bad for what, our 11th or so year outside the 2nd tier and with no imminent signs of challenging for promotion.

If we are doing well then you can add a lot more on top of that for half season tickets come the Xmas period.

Would expect 14,000 to 15,000 crowds if we are doing rubbish. Expect 19,000 crowd sellouts if we are doing well.
Recent poll said one in 5 not renewing. Think that puts us around 11,000
Thanks. You'd have to think that there will be a fair amount of new season ticket holders though.
5000 but if we sign Marlon Pack then 15,000.
(03-06-2022, 09:21 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]5000 but if we sign Marlon Pack then 15,000.

A couple of decent strikers would be a better bet.
(03-06-2022, 08:33 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Recent poll said one in 5 not renewing. Think that puts us around 11,000

I know at least two people who are looking to buy seasons fir the first time.

Who was polled by the way? 

I don’t recall being asked if I was renewing and most people don’t respond to polls anyway.
the frozen price for renewal is a really good price, per match.
If you don't renew the price to get a new ticket is significantly higher in the future.
It is also difficult to get "your seat" back

I guess most will renew.
But there will always be some who cannot for financial or family reasons. I can't do one at the mo because the family members I used to go with are tied up with young children.
So we get along when we can, and when we can get seats together. That latter is a big problem with our current booking system. Hopefully the shuffling about of season ticket holders will leave less single gaps.
I would love to be able to buy a half ST that allows you the same seat for half the games spread over the season.
No matter how disappointed we all get over a previous season or about squad development etc , and say we don't think we will renew, I find the bug gets to you again and my guess is 90% will renew plus a few newbies and we will sell not far short of whatever last season's figure was.
Pay a £1000 utility bill or buy a season ticket. Tough one……
I know which I'd rather pay! Not forgetting that the club is being affected by increased costs just as we are!
Cullen on the podcast last month said they had forecast 15k. Isn't that more than we sold last year and we are even shitter now then before?
It's a tricky one but you have to start from the premise that our loyalty is second to none...it has to be after what we've had to suffer for the last ten years. Also you don't have to be some kind of analytical genius to work out that most season ticket holders will renew as they have become creatures of habit. There'll be a few that will want to make a point and probably spend the second half of the season regretting it if only because of the inconvenience! That said, I'm curious to know where new season ticket holders are coming from. I will renew but there again I'm an idiot with nothing better to do on Saturday afternoon...and, in all probability, numerous Tuesday evenings!
So what will happen?
The simple answer is that season tickets are still comparatively cheap. I don't like to be condescending but it's a relatively small amount to pay if you are committed fan; you want a seat in a familiar spot with a half decent view and you sit sit week in week out with people you've probably known for years.
Set against that is the cost of living crisis with the country on the verge of a recession, the competence and reliability of the administration at Fratton Park and the likelihood that refurbishment work won't be on time and the fact that only a very small number of fans think we've got a realistic chance of winning promotion.
My guess is around the 11,500 mark.
One positive is the way that both the owners and Cullen repeatedly talk about the importance of the people you go to football with, sitting with them etc etc.

As Pompey fans we would have given up decades ago if we expected a top notch team every season. Or even to sit in a shiny new stadium!
I reckon about 11.5 - 12K STH’s . There’s 3 of us in our little gang and I’m the only 1 renewing
I'm really not sure if I will renew. My son and I shared my season ticket but he's off soon to find his way in the world and my Saturdays are often not free due to going off long jogging somewhere so it would only be the occasional time I'd be popping down, mostly likely on a Tuesday night.

Be a shame to give it up but just doesn't make much sense to keep spending money on something I rarely use.
11k increasingly looking like a respectable figure in the circumstances
Reckon we'll sell more STs than last season. For a start, there's more confidence that fans won't face Covid restrictions and prices have been frozen. We've managed to keep most of the side who performed well in the second half of last season and our home form generally and in that period in particular was excellent.

For the bigger games at FP we rose to the occasion beating the 3 promoted sides 4-0 (Sunderland), 3-0 (Rotherham) and 3-2 (Wigan). Also beat bogey side Oxford 3-2 while Raggett's 95th minute equaliser against Plymouth ultimately cost them their place in the play-offs. All those opponents came to attack us which really suited our counter-attacking game. Throw in the 4-0 against Accy with 10 men and the comeback from 3 down against Fleetwood and there were a fair number of games when us fans left the ground buzzing. 

Just hope we can repeat our home form, while improving our attacking threat away from home.
(07-06-2022, 08:51 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really not sure if I will renew. My son and I shared my season ticket but he's off soon to find his way in the world and my Saturdays are often not free due to going off long jogging somewhere so it would only be the occasional time I'd be popping down, mostly likely on a Tuesday night.

Be a shame to give it up but just doesn't make much sense to keep spending money on something I rarely use.

I too stopped as my son had sprogs and is currently short of cash, sleep and time. 
We still go from time to time, and to the odd away game but a ST became too much of a tie and really less of a pleasure and more of a commitment especially when endless postponements and rearrangements lead to pile ups. 
Oh for the days of a game on alternate Saturdays and the odd wonderful Tuesday under the lights.
Ive been told St sales are the lowest they've been for  a long time. Still plenty of time for renewals and new St holders. But current figures not surprising when the owners we have offer no hope or excitement on the pitch.
(19-06-2022, 07:01 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Ive been told St sales are the lowest they've been for  a long time. Still plenty of time for renewals and new St holders. But current figures not surprising when the owners we have offer no hope or excitement on the pitch.

Did Pedalo tell you this?
To be fair fans can't buy or renew sts in the south stand or north lower due to stadium works.

We will be up around 12,000 St holders come the first game.
Season ticket sales will be down. That's obvious for whole range of reasons.
However, there is one thing that is increasing and that is the number of fans that may begrudginly renew but won't go to games on a regular basis; I'm thinking here of evening games, our form at the time and the quality of the opposition. We continue to live a crap league and you need a decent away following to create any kind of atmosphere. That also means that gates will be down, I fear quite substantially.
In previous years under the Eisners, MC and now Andrew Cullen were keen to let everyone know how many season tickets had been sold. I know circumstances are different this time but I haven't seen anything that goes beyond guesswork on various social media sites. I'm confident that this season will see the lowest number of season ticket sales since we were in administration as a result of a decline in what is on offer and lack of any tangible success under the Eisners.
Personally I would like to see Cullen take the Eisners to task and tell them that austerity isn't working and if things are as bad as Cowley regularly implies and he is confident in his own ability he should grow a pair and walk!
(21-06-2022, 02:56 PM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]Season ticket sales will be down. That's obvious for whole range of reasons.
However, there is one thing that is increasing and that is the number of fans that may begrudginly renew but won't go to games on a regular basis; I'm thinking here of evening games, our form at the time and the quality of the opposition. We continue to live a crap league and you need a decent away following to create any kind of atmosphere. That also means that gates will be down, I fear quite substantially.
In previous years under the Eisners, MC and now Andrew Cullen were keen to let everyone know how many season tickets had been sold. I know circumstances are different this time but I haven't seen anything that goes beyond guesswork on various social media sites. I'm confident that this season will see the lowest number of season ticket sales since we were in administration as a result of a decline in what is on offer and lack of any tangible success under the Eisners.
Personally I would like to see Cullen take the Eisners to task and tell them that austerity isn't working and if things are as bad as Cowley regularly implies and he is confident in his own ability he should grow a pair and walk!

I wish he would walk.
After a lot of thought I renewed mine today in person. Encouragingly for the club when I left all 4 computers were manned and there was a small queue waiting to purchase. I gave it thought because I find it all very underwhelming that having started pre season we have for example only 1 senior keeper and no out and out striker. It's a massive gamble if we are hoping to resign Hirst. Curtis and Harness will be gone if a decent financial offer is received in this window or the next. Morrell will be off with Wales to the World Cup, need depth in the squad and that at the moment is missing for sure. P.U.P.
Club just announced we've sold over 9,000 season tickets including 1,500 new ones.

Still a week to go for existing Fratton End and North Stand ST holders to renew and a fortnight for people in the South Stand.
Pages: 1 2 3 4