TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Westwood again.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(19-02-2023, 05:44 PM)RavoPFC Wrote: [ -> ]JW and the smooth brained ner ner brigade add nothing to the atmosphere. They are in fact an active hinderence to it. You can't get new or different songs going when two drums, a cow bell and a bugle are being blasted, smashed or rattled. We've got to the point where ner ner is the first song we sing in most cases after we score, and after full time when we win. What happened to a good old-fashioned "who are ya?".

Ban the fucking instruments and in time we may see some variety back. Right now it's like tinnitus at times down the park with the same single note being put out with the occasional break. I'm pretty certain they are on the list of banned items anyway, just enforce it FFS.

Agree they add nothing.
But hard to agree they're a hindrance having been to games without them and the atmosphere is still shite.
(19-02-2023, 07:58 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-02-2023, 07:04 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]Would triangles, or whatever those things where called that we used in music when we were kids be better? issue three thousand in the Fratton end, Pompey, Pompey, ting, ting ,ting. Even if it did not improve things, at least we could console ourselves with the fact that we ALL look and sound like cunts, rather than just picking on four or five!

Three thousand Vuvuzelas would be a lot better  Big Grin Big Grin

p s. You can buy them singly on ebay or Amazon for about £3 each so a job lot would only be a couple of quid each at the most - job done, Westwood & the m**g drummer drowned out !!

I’m sticking with triangles but some on here would struggle to get their hands out of their mittens and mufflers to start with.
(19-02-2023, 05:40 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]"I have zero respect for him, he has zero respect for others".

That's not remotely true.

"Respect is earned, you don’t just get it for turning up ffs".

What? Turning up in the USA? Africa? What's the furthest you've travelled to support your club?

I never mentioned "fan".

It is absolutely true.
(18-02-2023, 08:48 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-02-2023, 07:38 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-02-2023, 07:01 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-02-2023, 05:48 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]Too many people now a days, want to cancel anything they don't like... People have become such fragile coonts..

Fratton park has lost a bit of it's spark over the last few seasons.... Football is becoming to P.C... And the Burton game on Tuesday was next level dead. With out John it's not the same.

The team playing well creates the atmosphere not Westwood. The drums ruin any attempt to get an atmosphere going. Trouble now we only sing about 3 songs at most. Most big clubs don’t have drums and a twat ringing a bell he is hugely embarrassing to our club.

Fair weather supporters need the team to play well before they get behind the team.... John does not!...

And what a surprise, a snowflake who started a anti John post. Doesn't like him!.

What a f*cking melt.

John puts far more money and effort, into supporting Pompey, then 99.9% of the rest of us... And for that I have nothing but respect for the bloke.

And to watch the sh*t we have, home and away..... I would need to be pissed out of my head too.

The biggest embarrassment to our club.... Is squinnys like you!.

So I suggest nipper you wind your neck in.

Looks like you’re the one needs to wind his neck in ffs asking to get a pompey fan banned for life from fratton park.
I agree with you he’s an embarrassment but suggesting he get banned get a life dinlo.
(19-02-2023, 05:40 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]"I have zero respect for him, he has zero respect for others".

That's not remotely true.

"Respect is earned, you don’t just get it for turning up ffs".

What? Turning up in the USA? Africa? What's the furthest you've travelled to support your club?

I never mentioned "fan".

Well the furthest I’ve personally been to support Pompey is Bari in Italy but I don’t see how the mere fact that you travelled should, in itself, earn respect.

All you need is the time, the money and the inclination to travel. Sometimes people have the money but not the time, or the time but not the money. Some people hate travelling.

As for ‘supporting’ the team, you have to be in the stadium to do that and Westwood often isn’t.

Having said all that I don’t want him banned, just don’t allow the bell into the ground and everything will be fine  Big Grin .
Just seen this hilarious post on the Snooze website:

‘I’m not that interested in football but when you see him he gives you pride in Portsmouth. l can't see the harm in him, he’s just enjoying the game’.

It’s curious that someone should be proud of a drunk who dresses like a clown.

As far as enjoying the game is concerned, he turns up late and spends most of his time looking anywhere but at the pitch.

I stand by anyone’s right to dress like a clown, drink to excess and all the rest of course but none of these activities makes me feel proud.

It really is a funny old world.

Deebo

The sombre tolling of a single bell could be said to accurately represent the graveyard atmosphere in FP nowadays.
coexistence - what the farmer does with the turkey until Christmas comes along
(20-02-2023, 06:58 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]He's pissed out of his head.
He stinks.
He pisses his pants.
He looks like a feral coont.
He's got tattoos on his face.
He hangs around with kids who aren't his.
He slurs his words.
He turns up late.
He abuses Pompey fans every single game.
He hasn't had sex in decades.
He's been filmed simulating wanking in front of children.
He moronically rings a bell all game.
He has the word 'football' in his name.
Other clubs ridicule him.
Most of our fans want nothing to do with him.
He's a tramp.

Loathe him or ignore him, you can't like him.

I tick six of those ffs.
Just six?
Which 6 is the bigger question haha.
(20-02-2023, 06:58 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]He's pissed out of his head.
He stinks.
He pisses his pants.
He slurs his words.
He turns up late.
He's a tramp.

Otherwise, everything okay though?
Some talk of our atmosphere suffering in recent times, and I agree it's not helped by the mong crew, however, I went to watch Barca last night (for my sins) and the atmosphere in the Nou Camp was absolutely naff, especially given their stature, crowd size and apparent fanaticism of the Latinos. They had their own band of muppets hitting drums and some bloke on a megaphone. Majority of the match was played in near silence (apart from their few fanatics who made a bit of noise). Give me FP any time, even with Westwoods group trying to get things going.
[quote="Santa release Claus" pid='52663' dateline='1676876313']
He's pissed out of his head.
He stinks.
He pisses his pants.
He slurs his words.
He turns up late.
He's a tramp.

Loathe him or ignore him, you can't like him.
[/quote

Youve got the words now all that’s needed is a tune, Westie might even sing along with it himself complete with hand actions.
Tongue-In-Cheek

"People who have a greater tendency to turn their nose up at the whiff of urine, sweat and other body odours are more likely to have rightwing authoritarian attitudes, research suggests."

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018...wing-views
(20-02-2023, 09:14 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]Some talk of our atmosphere suffering in recent times, and I agree it's not helped by the mong crew, however, I went to watch Barca last night (for my sins) and the atmosphere in the Nou Camp was absolutely naff, especially given their stature, crowd size and apparent fanaticism of the Latinos. They had their own band of muppets hitting drums and some bloke on a megaphone.  Majority of the match was played in near silence (apart from their few fanatics who made a bit of noise). Give me FP any time, even with Westwoods group trying to get things going.
Barca have always had a rubbish atmosphere. In Spain it's Betis, Rayo Vallecano, Sevilla, Sociedad and some others I've probably missed who have great ones.
Cadiz? Bilbao?
as regards atmosphere
I wonder what the average age of our fans is now
perhaps most of us should retire to the South Stand with a blanket and flask and fill the fratton end with younger types, give them a couple of drinks each and they'd make plenty of noise being unused to it!
(21-02-2023, 11:31 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]as regards atmosphere
perhaps most of us should retire to the South Stand with a blanket and flask and fill the fratton end with younger types, give them a couple of drinks each and they'd make plenty of noise being unused to it!

Ask the wet wipe about it he’s already there.
(21-02-2023, 11:31 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]as regards atmosphere

“Younger types”  Big Grin I can be as young as you like. A lot of these youngsters are very different to the supporters of their fathers generation. Thankfully, my two season ticket holding sons are nothing like their father. They just weren’t brought up to be the vile b@stards you need to lift the atmosphere  Big Grin
As I'm a bit bored, might as well pitch in to this one...

....but Tony Montana says it much better..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vILG0O11e6g
Johnny Montana FAF
It's very sad really. We see it as it is, but in nationwide public perception, he's a super-fan, the most famous football supporter in England. He could've been a regular football chat-show celebrity, but thanks to drink, he'll probably just end up banned for life.
It's amazing how many fans regard getting bladdered as an essential part of the match experience. Westwood is a prime example of what that leads to if carried to extreme over too many years.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11