TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Westwood again.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(16-03-2023, 05:17 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-03-2023, 11:27 AM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]International womans day?

Does anybody actually take any notice of this?
Just to keep things fair I checked.....there is also an International Men's Day. Load of boloney.

And I just saw yesterday was Extraterrestrial Contact Day. I did notice Mix seemed a bit distracted til the evening.
(16-03-2023, 05:17 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-03-2023, 11:27 AM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]International womans day?

Does anybody actually take any notice of this?
Just to keep things fair I checked.....there is also an International Men's Day. Load of boloney.

There is a ‘day’ , ‘week’, ‘month’ or ‘year’ for just about everything  Smile .

As with all these thing, overkill means that none of them have any impact at all. They give politicians, the media and the Twitterati a chance to reaffirm their virtue but that’s about it.

Let them get on with it if it makes them feel all warm, fluffy and virtuous.
I am seeing reports on Twitter that after a meeting with the club this morning  JPFCW is  " stepping down" & won't be attending any more matches until next season.........

Is this an early April Fools joke?
Perhaps he's drying out
I thought that
(31-03-2023, 07:42 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that

If so, I'd be pretty sure that the club will be supporting him to do so, seems the sort of thing they would do.
(31-03-2023, 08:27 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-03-2023, 07:42 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that

If so, I'd be pretty sure that the club will be supporting him to do so, seems the sort of thing they would do.

They gonna support every fan with problems?
(31-03-2023, 05:59 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]I am seeing reports on Twitter that after a meeting with the club this morning  JPFCW is  " stepping down" & won't be attending any more matches until next season.........

The fact that he said the words 'stepping down' sums him up really. 

As if he was in some lofty position to step down from. 

Somewhere along the line he has forgotten about the team he purports to support and his constant desire for celebrity and media attention has taken over.
He was aiming for "stepping back" but got it wrong. Sounds about right.

Hope this is his rock bottom and he comes back a better person.
(31-03-2023, 10:49 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]He was aiming for "stepping back" but got it wrong. Sounds about right.

Hope this is his rock bottom and he comes back a better person.

Let's hope he does come back better. 

But he wont until he takes responsibility for what he has done and accepts that everything that has happened to him is his fault and no-one else's and not the result of some imagined 'woke conspiracy' that he seems to blame for everything.

His attitude that he did all the things he has been banned for but can't see anything wrong in doing them reminds me a bit of Boris & Partygate.
Atmosphere sounded shit on ifollow today
It reflected the entertainment on the pitch.
FE tried to get it going but we sat back after scoring and nearly gifted them a goal at the end.
I’m just happy we won
Enjoyed seeing all of our legends sitting in front of me that was my highlight, then the parade at half time. The football was dire at times, Dale MOTM sums it up, he should have had a hat trick. However with some results going our way I'd say it keeps us in the playoff picture just. I take it Robertson is out injured again ?
Dale MOM?

I must have been having a slash when that was given out.

Not even close!
I agree but yes he was announced as that
(01-04-2023, 04:52 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Dale MOM?

I must have been having a slash when that was given out.

Not even close!

we just laughed at it to be honest. 
Yes he scored but Jacobs showed what a decent winger should do with the ball.
(31-03-2023, 07:18 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps he's drying out

Queued behind him in Petersfield Tesco on Thursday evening. The bottle of red he was buying suggests not.

Still counts if its in a chilli, John.
(31-03-2023, 05:59 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]I am seeing reports on Twitter that after a meeting with the club this morning  JPFCW is  " stepping down" & won't be attending any more matches until next season.........

There was a meeting at the club but with a supporters' committee, who "suspended" his attendance at the club until August. If there are further infractions then this will be extended for a year.

I'm told that his reliance on alcohol was discussed but he denied there was a problem.

In addition the area around his seat is only permitted for the actual season-ticket holders - not for those others who occupied the seats to play instruments and generally gather around John. (Does that make sense?)

I think we all welcome the club's concern regarding his anti-social behaviour and, perhaps, his drinking on match-days. Hopefully he can get straight.

In the mean time the atmosphere at the last couple of home games has been really poor. No coincidence, I feel.
the club has to deal with the increasing focus on fan behaviour if they wish to maintain the capacity or lose the licence for areas of the ground.
Fair enough
Although funny how the music festival industry can put 100,000 people in unstewarded fields with no crush barriers at all. Perhaps the talked about near crush on the Common festival or the deaths at that event indoors in London might remind those issuing the licences that football fans and clubs are actually pretty safe places in comparison, probably cos the clubs spend fortunes on staff and ever increasing standards in the grounds.
Not even to mention the toilet facilities!
A heard a few renditions of ‘is this a library?’ on iFollow even after we scored. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a few Pompey jokers singing it. Maybe it was some of Westwood’s match day gang rather than the Forest Green supporters, but it could easily have been them too. Was mildly amusing to hear. Beating Forest Green is like beating a small child so the atmosphere was understandably flat, I feel. Oh yeah and

BRING BACK WESTWOOD!!!!! :-)
(01-04-2023, 10:28 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]

There was a meeting at the club but with a supporters' committee, who "suspended" his attendance at the club until August. If there are further infractions then this will be extended for a year.

I'm told that his reliance on alcohol was discussed but he denied there was a problem.

In addition the area around his seat is only permitted for the actual season-ticket holders - not for those others who occupied the seats to play instruments and generally gather around John. (Does that make sense?)

I think we all welcome the club's concern regarding his anti-social behaviour and, perhaps, his drinking on match-days. Hopefully he can get straight.

In the mean time the atmosphere at the last couple of home games has been really poor. No coincidence, I feel.

The last 2 games atmosphere has nothing to do with him and his band off retards not being there it is all to do with the poor football on show. For me personally I loved the fact they are not there. Football does not need drums and especially a drunken fouled mouth fool that Westwood is.
"the poor football on show"

In terms of the footballing fare offered, virtually every home game this season has been abysmal yet the atmosphere has never been this bad.

"Football does not need drums"

Maybe not, but clubs right across Europe have them and the positive mood in the stadia is palpably evident.
Sadly the play yesterday and last week vs Port Vale is nothing like a team pushing for the play offs. If it were there would be more noise.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11