TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Has Cowley resigned?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
If he hasn't, he needs to be given his cards. I wasn't expecting much today with so many new players to gel. What I wasn't expecting was the Manager setting the team up to play total defensive football, for 90 minutes, against a modest Lincoln side.
How did Reeco get a new contract?
When will the players learn the off-site rule?
I've just mentioned the offsides Tbp on the other thread so know where you are coming from. I groaned when I heard Reeco was starting and I wasnt wrong. Not the best afternoon in the sunshine for sure
It's not that bad that we need to start calling for manager resignations. A few things to be positive about.

The shitshow pre-season means the majority of those players have played hardly any games together. Piggott and Bishop looked good until the service completely dried up.

Our keeper doesn't have to make a home debut again. He can't be more nervous than he was today, can he? Why the players were passing to him needlessly, I do not know. Often it was easier to pass it forwards but the decision was always to go backwards. We can certainly blame the manager for that. What I wouldn't give for a Clarke, Burgess or Whatmough to carry the ball forwards. 

Mingi looked interesting. Was prepared to take on a player. He couldn't get past many but was willing to try.

The team did look like a bunch of strangers who didn't know each others names. That should improve in time but the fuckwhits on this board will tell you we have til September to sign players.
(06-08-2022, 05:19 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]It's not that bad that we need to start calling for manager resignations. A few things to be positive about.

The shitshow pre-season means the majority of those players have played hardly any games together. Piggott and Bishop looked good until the service completely dried up.

Our keeper doesn't have to make a home debut again. He can't be more nervous than he was today, can he? Why the players were passing to him needlessly, I do not know. Often it was easier to pass it forwards but the decision was always to go backwards. We can certainly blame the manager for that. What I wouldn't give for a Clarke, Burgess or Whatmough to carry the ball forwards. 

Mingi looked interesting. Was prepared to take on a player. He couldn't get past many but was willing to try.

The team did look like a bunch of strangers who didn't know each others names. That should improve in time but the fuckwhits on this board will tell you we have til September to sign players.

We’ll have a great second half of the season, the loan players will go back and the merry go round will start again.

I still cannot see a way DC gets us promoted.
It wasn’t great but it’s far from shite. First home game, new partnerships and still more players to come for key positions. Just take it on the chin and put the sharp objects back in their drawer.
Trying to be objective rather than negative but it’s hard after watching 98 minutes of garbage. My summary, for what it’s worth, is we lack width, pace and creativity. Apart from that all good!!!!
Ladies and gents, this is why you do your business early in the window and gel your team in pre-season.

To those faces on this thread who are complaining now - those same faces who gave me and a few others shit for complaining about being slow to do our business - good evening, well well well, and Fk you.

PUP
We’re not the only ones still doing business . There’s still 25 days left in the TW. No panic. Name one club that’s finished their business and not going to use the rest of the transfer window ??? Good evening and fk you too
There’s a massive difference between claiming we will start the season with no strikers and doing business late.

You surely agree that it is better to have players the manager wants rather than players he doesn’t want because it’s June 10th?

We had a massive overhaul last summer did business late and won 3 on the bounce.

Todays result is because of how Cowley wants the game played.
Second league game of the season, folks........let the bed-wetting commence!
I don’t think you can underestimate Clark Robertson not being in the team. He is much better on the ball then ragget the keeper wouldn’t of got the ball as much with Robertson on the pitch
My main comment was targeted at the tippy-tappy football across the back. Opportunities to push forward came and were spurned, clearly on Cowley's instructions. There was no way they were going to score.
(07-08-2022, 05:27 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]My main comment was targeted at the tippy-tappy football across the back. Opportunities to push forward came and were spurned, clearly on Cowley's instructions. There was no way they were going to score.

I also thought jacobs was poor never stayed wide which left us so narrow also meant Ogilve couldn’t over lap to put the ball in the box.
This is not the finished team. If we play 442, then Curtis and Jacobs will be on the bench. Morrison will probably be on the bench as well, a DC wants a left footed CB ( Robertson) and I can’t see him dropping Raggett. We also ( according to DC) had a stomach bug in the camp and a lot of players hadn’t trained Friday or weren’t 100% fit Saturday. Disappointing, yes, however, it’s only 2 games in and a bit early for doom and gloom and complaining about DC. He asked for 3 transfer windows so let’s judge him at Christmas.
(07-08-2022, 08:12 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]This is not the finished team. If we play 442, then Curtis and Jacobs will be on the bench. Morrison will probably be on the bench as well, a DC wants a left footed CB ( Robertson) and I can’t see him dropping Raggett. We also ( according to DC) had a stomach bug in the camp and a lot of players hadn’t trained Friday or weren’t 100% fit Saturday. Disappointing, yes, however, it’s only 2 games in and a bit early for doom and gloom and complaining about DC. He asked for 3 transfer windows so let’s judge him at Christmas.

Not that he’s making excuses of course.

Hopefully when they are all recovered DC will let them play football and not wait until we are behind to start playing.
We will be fine. I am very sorry but we will not win every game 3-0.
(07-08-2022, 09:12 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]We will be fine. I am very sorry but we will not win every game 3-0.

What’s fine?
I went yesterday for the first time in over 2 years. Sat in upper south stand near the Milton End. The atmosphere was practically non existent, barely any singing other than the occasional PUP. Fratton End seemed very quiet. In fact as the 2nd half wore on it was Lincoln fans who were making the noise, although that may have been due to where I was sitting.

AS for the game...why the fuck Cowley started with RHF I don't know...he's absolutely pants and totally predictable, no pace, can't take anyone one and constantly checking back on his left foot. I wondered why Cowley had given him a new contract and I'm still wondering. There were no partnerships built up on the left and right between Rafferty (who looked good) and RHF, and Jacobs & Ogilvy. The whole game was lacking in intensity, pace and effort. When Curtis and Scarlett came on we looked more threatening, but we could have played all night and not scored. AS for passing it back to the keeper every time the Raggett got the ball...wtf was that all about!!

Lincoln pressed and harried and closed us down, and DC didn't have an answer...well he'd better get one quick because that was a shocking performance for the first home game of the season. Drop Reeco (in fact sell the coont) stick Curtis on the left where he's effective and bring in the the right winger ASAP.

Positive points...Mingi looked quality when he came on, he actually drove forward with the ball. Other than that, well we didn't concede.

I think I'll stick to ifollow for a while, save myself the time and hassle.
(07-08-2022, 09:22 AM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]I went yesterday for the first time in over 2 years. Sat in upper south stand near the Milton End. The atmosphere was practically non existent, barely any singing other than the occasional PUP. Fratton End seemed very quiet. In fact as the 2nd half wore on it was Lincoln fans who were making the noise, although that may have been due to where I was sitting.

AS for the game...why the fuck Cowley started with RHF I don't know...he's absolutely pants and totally predictable, no pace, can't take anyone one and constantly checking back on his left foot. I wondered why Cowley had given him a new contract and I'm still wondering. There were no partnerships built up on the left and right between Rafferty (who looked good) and RHF, and Jacobs & Ogilvy. The whole game was lacking in intensity, pace and effort. When Curtis and Scarlett came on we looked more threatening, but we could have played all night and not scored. AS for passing it back to the keeper every time the Raggett got the ball...wtf was that all about!!

Lincoln pressed and harried and closed us down, and DC didn't have an answer...well he'd better get one quick because that was a shocking performance for the first home game of the season. Drop Reeco (in fact sell the coont) stick Curtis on the left where he's effective and bring in the the right winger ASAP.

Positive points...Mingi looked quality when he came on, he actually drove forward with the ball. Other than that, well we didn't concede.

I think Curtis is on his way, and this is why he was on the bench. Trying to save him from an injury..

We all like to think the atmosphere at Fratton Park is unbelievable, it not anymore, apart from some moments.

Early 2000 going to Fratton Park season ticket in the leather looking plastic booklets. When you had tickets for each game inside. The park was rocking even with Graham Rix in charge. And when Harry get here first time around it was next level. We never get anywhere near this level anymore...

Remember singing Harry And Jim...
"There were no partnerships built up on the left and right between Rafferty (who looked good) and RHF"

Well well well
(07-08-2022, 10:08 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]"There were no partnerships built up on the left and right between Rafferty (who looked good) and RHF"

Well well well

Yes, Rafferty looks good and RHF is his usual shitness, no interplay worth speaking of or overlapping on either side of the pitch.
(07-08-2022, 09:22 AM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]I went yesterday for the first time in over 2 years. Sat in upper south stand near the Milton End. The atmosphere was practically non existent, barely any singing other than the occasional PUP. Fratton End seemed very quiet. In fact as the 2nd half wore on it was Lincoln fans who were making the noise, although that may have been due to where I was sitting.

How do you know Curtis is effective on the left when you have n't been to FP for over 2 years?  Perhaps if you came to games more often and supported the club then the atmosphere could be improved to that you heard echoing around Wembley.
See Ben Thompson scored for Peterborough :-)
No width, no pace, poor crossing, to mention a few problems.

There's clearly something badly missing in the way the team is set up in the first place. Its also incredibly boring to watch, I don't know if I would be able to handle a whole season of it.

Whatever happened to proper wingers out wide, being fed with the ball and going past defenders on the outside, getting to the by-line and crossing the ball into a very dangerous area for defenders and goalkeeper. 

One word summed up the whole wretched display for me: Hackett.
Many Pompey are there through thick and thin. But not all.

It's still a bit too thin for Jizz, but don't worry he'll be back when it's thick again!
Pages: 1 2 3 4