TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Bookie's odds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(08-01-2023, 10:36 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't be surprised if Robbie Keane's name wasn't being dropped in anticipation of Coventry making a managerial change.

If that’s the case I hope robbins gets sacked today so we can get him in!!!
Robbins would do for me
Luke Williams suddenly in to 5/1.
(09-01-2023, 08:58 PM)simonfkwit Wrote: [ -> ]Luke Williams suddenly in to 5/1.

Who he?
(09-01-2023, 08:58 PM)simonfkwit Wrote: [ -> ]Luke Williams suddenly in to 5/1.

MK Dons connection with Cullen?
Williams would not surprise me. Cullen will be aware of him from MK Dons. He has taken Notts County top of the league ahead of big spending Wrexham and they play attacking football. Cullen has said they would appoint someone at another club if they were the best candidate so we will see
That would be a wet lettuce appointment. Achieved less than the cowleys so far in his fledgling career. He hasn't even completed a season yet as anumber 1.

Non starter IMO.
Swindon fans certainly wouldn't agree with Williams playing attacking football. I guess it depends on your tools.

This morning, Williams, Wilder, and Manning are all 5/1f.
Ian Foster come in to 8s.
From my perspective these younger managers going up the odds while pushing more experienced ones down the order smacks of lack of ambition, and as one contributor said if we replace DC with another young manager what will we have achieved?
(10-01-2023, 05:47 AM)simonfkwit Wrote: [ -> ]Swindon fans certainly wouldn't agree with Williams playing attacking football.  I guess it depends on your tools.

This morning, Williams, Wilder, and Manning are all 5/1f.
Ian Foster come in to 8s.

Ian Foster is an interesting one.  Highly thought of when he was here before under Cook but got poached by the FA for an England youth job. 

They are clearly going to go for a coach rather than a manager, and I can't see the fans being happy with whoever they choose out of the current candidates.

Wilder is the only one that doesn't fit the 'coach not manager' category, and the fact that he has not been been ruled out of the odds is a puzzle ... and maybe a source of hope.
Wilder not being ruled out suggests Wilder being talked to.

I wonder if his profile and interest is causing Pompey to reconsider the Football Operations structure in a way which accommodates him, so that he is given the autonomy that he would want, but still operating with a Director of Football.
Luke Williams now 3/1 with Wilder and Manning out to 6s.
(10-01-2023, 10:06 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Wilder not being ruled out suggests Wilder being talked to.

I wonder if his profile and interest is causing Pompey to reconsider the Football Operations structure in a way which accommodates him, so that he is given the autonomy that he would want, but still operating with a Director of Football.

The director of football does not have to be senior to the head coach/manager, they can be separate lines of management both reporting directly to the CEO.  The key for Wilder might be total autonomy with first team matters and the DoF taking his recruitment direction from him.
(10-01-2023, 09:52 AM)mike hunt Wrote: [ -> ]From my perspective these younger managers going up the odds while pushing more experienced ones down the order smacks of lack of ambition, and as one contributor said if we replace DC with another young manager what will we have achieved?

Mike, how can the bookies odds show a lack of ambition in the club?
(10-01-2023, 09:52 AM)mike hunt Wrote: [ -> ]From my perspective these younger managers going up the odds while pushing more experienced ones down the order smacks of lack of ambition, and as one contributor said if we replace DC with another young manager what will we have achieved?

DC was hardly a young manager ... in his 40's with 600+ games under his belt as a a manager ?

Going for an inexperienced young head coach is a fairly major change of direction.

We will have achieved getting rid of a manger who had us bottom of the form table with half a squad of players owned by the club.

That can only be a good thing.
Wilder's odds have shortened again today from 6/1 to 7/2 2nd fav ... possibly the result of people backing him after the David James article in the News ?
I am surprised that the Wilder rumours havnt been shot down by the news etc. Does that mean he is in the frame or is that wishful thinking
The News did a bit on Wilder very early on saying he was interested but had to be convinced of our ambition.

Would've thought that would be enough to put it to bed....but bizarrely not.
Bizarrely Richardson is back in at 10/1 having drifted to 25s after yesterday's "news".

Yet more proof the bookies haven't got a clue about this one....or has someone heard that the situation is resolvable?
Eisner is famed for his operational governance and is a published author on the subject. It would be daft to set up this structure and then throw it in the bin to accommodate one candidate in a field of targets which is wide open full of head coaches - it simply will not happen.

Thus I cannot see the board agreeing to a move away for a football operations structure whereby Hughes is not profiling and procuring players and Zesh is not heading up player development.

If Wilder demands full autonomy over playing style and recruitment then we are not the right club for him.
(10-01-2023, 04:33 PM)simonfkwit Wrote: [ -> ]Bizarrely Richardson is back in at 10/1 having drifted to 25s after yesterday's "news".

Yet more proof the bookies haven't got a clue about this one....or has someone heard that the situation is resolvable?

It's certainly resolvable, he just has to come to a compromise agreement with Wigan. 

But I'd be very surprised if it could be resolved in the timeframe required (i.e in the next few days).
‘You owe me 2 and 1/2 years pay.
Portsmouth want me so how about give me a year or so worth and we’ll call it quits.’

‘Yeah ok, sign here.’

How long does that take?
If he's doing that, it sounds like he's going to be our next manager. You're not going to do that unless you have a job lined up
This would be typical of pompey. Even our manager would be on loan from Wigan with them paying half his wages lol

Let's hope there's no January recall clause. And let's hope we don't get Wigan in the cup. We'd have to get kev the kitman to do the HT talk.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13