TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Bookie's odds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Load of punters mistaking buying a betting price for hiring a manager methinks
Clarke now 3/1
(12-01-2023, 06:44 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2023, 06:37 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2023, 06:32 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I remember watching the Oxford 5-5 draw on teletext .... that was unbelievable

Mikey listened to it on his Teletext

I'll raise you Orient 3-6 Pompey in 1963.  I think we were 3-0 down at one stage

I remember that game too ... but surely it was 10 years or so before Ceefax ?
(12-01-2023, 06:44 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2023, 06:37 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2023, 06:32 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I remember watching the Oxford 5-5 draw on teletext .... that was unbelievable

Mikey listened to it on his Teletext

I'll raise you Orient 3-6 Pompey in 1963.  I think we were 3-0 down at one stage

I remember that game too ... but surely it was 10 years or so before Ceefax ?
Manning favourite again

Liam Manning
5/2

Chris Wilder
11/4

Darrell Clarke
7/2

Grant McCann
5/1
Let's hope Cullen and Co recommended Manning to the board and were told to come back with a suitable candidate.
Ian Foster joins the frontrunners

Liam Manning
5/2

Chris Wilder
3/1

Ian Foster
4/1

Darrell Clarke
4/1

Grant McCann
6/1
Well at least he knows the club.
I'm warming to the idea....I think he'd be my second choice from the list.
Think I’d prefer Bernard Manning to be honest ( rest his soul)
Manning odds on again
(12-01-2023, 10:45 PM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]Think I’d prefer Bernard Manning to be honest ( rest his soul)

That would gave made an interesting half-time team talk  Mind you a few of the modern " so called professional foitball players" would probably melt like a snowflake of they had a few f's & c's blown in to them.
(12-01-2023, 10:45 PM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]Think I’d prefer Bernard Manning to be honest ( rest his soul)

With Jimmy Saville as yoof coach? 

I'll get me coat....
(13-01-2023, 02:26 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

With Jimmy Saville as yoof coach? 

I'll get me coat....

Now then  , now then young man !!
Hearing its going to be Foster. Not ITK or anything. Just what I'm hearing on the pompey grapevine.

A massive gamble if true.
(13-01-2023, 02:48 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Hearing its going to be Foster. Not ITK or anything. Just what I'm hearing on the pompey grapevine.

Would prefer him over manning
(13-01-2023, 03:06 PM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-01-2023, 02:48 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Hearing its going to be Foster. Not ITK or anything. Just what I'm hearing on the pompey grapevine.

Foster has no management experience would be a terrible appointment
(13-01-2023, 03:07 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-01-2023, 03:06 PM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]

Foster has no management experience would be a terrible appointment

We are not appointing a manager, we are appointing a head coach and his coaching CV is excellent.

Also he has worked for us before so he knows what the club is about and he knows the size of th job, and he played no small part in our Lg2 championship win.  He has developed some great players in his time at England, the likes of Foden & Maddsion included, and done very well in the three england teams he has led to tournaments.

Apart from Wilder, he is the one name on the list of candidates that I am very keen on, just ahead of Clarke & Manning in that order.
He certainly wouldn't be looking down on Morrell and Lowery at 5'7".
I think Morrell is only 3'7" and Lowery is 3'8"
Paul Hall now interested the News understands.

Oh and Foster is interested the News understands
(13-01-2023, 05:08 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Paul Hall now interested the News understands.

Oh and Foster is interested the News understands

Scraping the barrel now
Beginning to sound more and more like the job was offered and has been turned down.
(13-01-2023, 06:23 PM)Slagger Wrote: [ -> ]Beginning to sound more and more like the job was offered and has been turned down.

I think if we were appointing a manager it would have been done by now but looking for a HC who might not have been in the lead role before will need more due diligence as there is no ‘managerial record’ to go off.

Cullen said he would take options to the board so I wouldn’t think it would be starting again if the 2st choice turned it down.

Hopefully they’ve got 2 incredible candidates that they can’t choose between……
(13-01-2023, 06:35 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-01-2023, 06:23 PM)Slagger Wrote: [ -> ]Beginning to sound more and more like the job was offered and has been turned down.

I think if we were appointing a manager it would have been done by now but looking for a HC who might not have been in the lead role before will need more due diligence as there is no ‘managerial record’ to go off.

Cullen said he would take options to the board so I wouldn’t think it would be starting again if the 2st choice turned it down.

Hopefully they’ve got 2 incredible candidates that they can’t choose between……

We've seen the list. There is 1 incredible candidate and a bunch of duffers with next to zero managerial experience between them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13