TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: It looks like that Turd is going to Flush
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A team with such a Rich History, fcuk off
(16-05-2023, 11:33 AM)Slagger Wrote: [ -> ]Rumour from a scum source (dare I say friend!) that Steven Schumacher is short listed for next manager.

Nathan Jones MK 2  Big Grin
Can't see him leaving Plymouth to go there.
If he does it will undoubtedly be about money!
Anyway he sounds exactly like Steven Gerrard, which is not a good thing.
Looks like it's going to be Russell Martin
My brother texted me today and told me there was a small red car getting about town where we live with a number plate that read ‘WE8POMPEY’ I texted him back and said ‘1POTWANKAS’ would have been better!
3-1 Brighton, stop stop they're already dead

Actually carry on Big Grin
And what's wrong with sounding like Steven Gerrard?

Anyway, I think you folk are being jolly mean to our candy-striped neighbours. It's not as though they gloated much when Pompey were on their way down the leagues. Much.
Well I 4-1 hope that the red scousers smash em 9-0 on Sunday ...... not that many in the Liverpool team sound like Gerrard!

Also want the blue scousers relegated. With them down plus either the hoofers or dirty Leeds, the scummers chances of doing well next season will be minimal!
(23-05-2023, 09:39 AM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]Well I 4-1 hope that the red scousers smash em 9-0 on Sunday ...... not that many in the Liverpool team sound like Gerrard!

Also want the blue scousers relegated. With them down plus either the hoofers or dirty Leeds, the scummers chances of doing well next season will be minimal!

What if they get the £50 million they want for Ward-Prowse? That plus the parachute payments how would their finances look then? I want them to fail as much as we all do but I can see them going straight back up if they have pots of cash to splash relative to a fairly impoverished Championship.
They have rather extensive debts to service too.
There's a £110M loan to pay back next year plus any other debts that are unknown.

• Parachute payment will be about £40M
  • Broadcast money will be no more than £10M

So at least £60M needs to be found (that is payable now) from player sales before they can even think about the costs associated with the football side of the club and the day to day running costs.

They're in quite a bit of trouble because I guarantee that despite being a billionaire the financier behind the whole deal (Dragan Solak) won't have put a single pound of his own money in the club and he sure as hell won't want to now. If he walks away then they're going under because no way do the directors of Sports Republic have the money necessary so they'll either go bankrupt or have to take out a truly unsustainable loan.
(23-05-2023, 11:56 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]There's a £110M loan to pay back next year plus any other debts that are unknown.

So at least £60M needs to be found (that is payable now) from player sales before they can even think about the costs associated with the football side of the club and the day to day running costs.

They're in quite a bit of trouble because I guarantee that despite being a billionaire the financier behind the whole deal (Dragan Solak) won't have put a single pound of his own money in the club and he sure as hell won't want to now. If he walks away then they're going under because no way do the directors of Sports Republic have the money necessary so they'll either go bankrupt or have to take out a truly unsustainable loan.

Most likely is that they will refinance the loan. The good news is that interest rates are sky high so they'll have to pay through the tooth. The incentive will be to sell the silverware to pay down as much of the loan as they can.

They'll be ok for a couple of seasons. If they don't go back up though, they could have problems. Lets hope they keep buying more Bazunus. And parachute in Nathan Jones again... I wonder if Derek Adams is on their shortlist?
So that’s why they’ve slapped a £50 million price tag on Ward Prowse. They desperately need the cash by the sounds of it plus it would remove a no doubt big earner from their books
(23-05-2023, 11:56 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]There's a £110M loan to pay back next year plus any other debts that are unknown.

Here’s hoping
Free kick merchant and not a lot else. How do you fit that into your team without getting relegated?

50 milion for that? Halve it IMO. They will need cash up front.
(23-05-2023, 10:20 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Free kick merchant and not a lot else. How do you fit that into your team without getting relegated?

50 milion for that? Halve it IMO. They will need cash up front.

David Beckham? He couldn't run, tackle or beat a man. All he did was cross the ball and take free kicks, admittedly rather well.
To be honest, his strike rate from free kicks was pathetic.
If memory serves, it was wheb he went to Madrid that he learnt how to beat his man. But his game was always passing so never really needed to run much. If you can still put it on a penny from 100 yards away for the striker to finish it, why the need to get past your marker? Very very few players could afford to rely so heavily on being able to do that, though.
Those fuckers aren’t down yet, only needs three teams to get a points deduction.

Rick will believe it when they play their first game in the championship in August.
That would be a good spinner to try and hook forums of desperate scummers with.
(23-05-2023, 12:12 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]

Most likely is that they will refinance the loan. The good news is that interest rates are sky high so they'll have to pay through the tooth. The incentive will be to sell the silverware to pay down as much of the loan as they can.

Silverware? What silverware? What does a bit of green cloth at the bottom of an empty cabinet fetch these days?
Wouldn't the FA get miffed if their '76 trophy replica was sold?
Fcuking Splash they go
Tbf they didn't go out on a whimper
No it was more of a death throes squeak
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9