TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Kamara
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Isn’t producing the goods at the mo. Not much difference between him and last seasons Dale, in end product, over the last two games. He produced one moment of magic when he went around the outside and got to the byline. Other than that he wasn’t allowed to turn and was constantly shown inside. His final ball has been largely poor.

Lane was very effective on the right and I’d bring him back there.

Abu is a very good player, who will improve,  but he’s been sussed and he needs to work out how he’s going to get round that problem.

Deebo

Good point. He’s very hit and miss and mainly miss at the moment although escapes a lot of the criticism that others such as Bishop get when going through a spell of bad form. I thought Yengi looked clumsy and Robertson woeful (what’s happened there - I’m not buying he hasn’t the ability to play as a ten or that he’s been sussed or tired). And as for Morrell reverting to type and needlessly diving in on the edge of the box for their first goal, not a word. I poo-pooed it when somebody mentioned about the January slump but I’m now worried I got that completely wrong. There were so many players who looked shadows of themselves the last two games it’s worrying. The full backs look to be lacking in confidence as well. A good performance badly needed at Exeter as much as a good result to build some much needed confidence going into the business part of the season and lift some spirits. One plus was that Pack and Morrell looked the only two players on the pitch who could string a pass or two together. We’re going to need a lot more of that going forward. Last word on Kamara. He regularly gets into good positions and then makes the wrong decision and/ or executes poorly. Needs to sort that quickly if he has aspirations of going any further with his career. You don’t suddenly become a bad side or player overnight but don’t let’s throw all that good work away and give ourselves a mountain to climb in the rest of the season. Still only lost two games which is phenomenal.

Deebo

Double post. You won’t want to read that stream of drivel twice. Or maybe even once. Lol
we have a lot of young players
they may be simply tired
Robertson might be on a downer for not being picked by Australia
Boxing day could just reflect so very many away boxing day disappointments down the years.
Both Bishop and Saydee took some very heavy knocks and may be playing through the pain

new year, we go again
yeah, I did think that about Robertson.
I’m going to reiterate it. I believe Kamara is the emperor’s new clothes.

Those three one on ones spoke volumes.

Deebo

If someone could find a way of drumming some urgency and confidence into the lad there’s a very good player in their somewhere.
Lively first half. Missed 3 goals. Sums him up really. Lots of promise but a little bit of a Bambi on ice! I kinda like his enthusiasm tho.
Did the hard bits, should have been a hat trick today. Worst odds than flipping a coin.
I paid him to miss all three. If he had finished those, we would have lost him in the window!
Did you pay Robertson to spoon that Quashie effort as well?

Get to Feb then let them loose!
precisely!
Sigh. Every decent opportunity has broken down with him.

Guy mentioned it too so even Mikey will agree with me.
Frustrating. He's maybe our best hope but as you say nothing comes from it.
(06-01-2024, 03:51 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Sigh. Every decent opportunity has broken down with him.

He just needs to start making the right decisions but sounds like he should have got a penalty Not a Yellow Card.

Trust in Guy. He knows what he's talking about as the clubs all time goal scorer!
(06-01-2024, 03:57 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2024, 03:51 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Sigh. Every decent opportunity has broken down with him.

He just needs to start making the right decisions but sounds like he should have got a penalty Not a Yellow Card.

Trust in Guy. He knows what he's talking about as the clubs all time goal scorer!

What's an all time goal scorer ?
Mikey393 doesn't know what he is talking about when it comes to PFC.

Peter Harris is our all time top goal scorer - twice as many goals as your dad Guy moosh.
Kamara is worth persevering with. He has scored a few and set up a few.
As regards pens, he doesn't look like a diver to me, some refs look to yellow card wingers and as with Bishop allow defenders to do what they like pretty much.
But he’s not in form at the moment, Hammie.

That’s four one on ones in a row! And how many misplaced/underhit/bobbled passes/failed crosses? He might come good by the end of the season but there’s a good case for claiming he’s cost us six points in two games (that’s not to lay all the blame at his feet, far from it!).
He is frustrating. Absolutely unplayable at times and at other times totally without final product. He is a young player though and isn't the finished article. Lane has also gone between brilliant and anonymous at various times. And both have spent large parts of the season not on their favoured side with Kamara on the left earlier in the season and Lane often on the left now.

The thing is that Kamara was seemingly signed on loan as a versatile impact sub and rotation player. Whyte and Scully were really meant to be our main wide men with Lane and Kamara as backup. Given the compromises we have had to make out wide, we've done well for mu h of the season. It is starting to creak a bit now though.
(06-01-2024, 08:27 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]But he’s not in form at the moment, Hammie.

That’s four one on ones in a row! And how many misplaced/underhit/bobbled passes/failed crosses? He might come good by the end of the season but there’s a good case for claiming he’s cost us six points in two games (that’s not to lay all the blame at his feet, far from it!).

I've said that he (and Lane deserve a rest and need one.)
To do that we need a fit Scully to step up.
As it does not look like Whyte is going to cut it for us, then we need a right wing option, presumably why we are still looking at Martin.

I'm really hoping that Scully can now come in and play a game a week for a while, which would give us some room to rest the younger lads. If he cannot then we really need an extra body in during the window.
Similar in the middle really, although Lowery could play there if he can stay fit, again. 

As we have played both Robertson and Kamara; I would think higher level clubs will be interested in loaning us their best youngsters.
Like Scarlett and Azeez?
(07-01-2024, 05:30 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Like Scarlett and Azeez?

Which is the big problem of panic buying in January, or loans.
Not all loans work out, even the best young players are still learning. 

If we can wait for returning injured players, we still have a very good squad. At least with no midweek games for more than a month, we are less stretched for a while.

I'm not expecting a huge number in, but it does depend on offloading those who we will not use such as Hume and apparently Stevenson. Whyte?
Kamara can also be bewildering off the ball. Yesterday, 2nd half, we had a free kick just to the right side of their pen area. Couple of our players over the ball (Pack plus A N Other). Clearly they are lining up a cross into the box. Kamara stays out wide nearer the touch line - why was he not in the area? What use is he there? Unsurprisingly we had too few bodies in the box and it’s easily cleared.
What a shit show! He is fucking useless and made Pigott look class.

I’ll give anybody who rates him the opportunity to tell me something he did right today. Yes he wasn’t the only one but it was classic Abu and he performs like that every week.

I’ve got a list as long as your arm over the last three games, tell me the positives!
Pages: 1 2 3 4