TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The Big Beautiful Burton Bounceback Is Brewing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I missed the Blackpool bore fest. I fucking hate nil nil results with a passion and I’d sooner lose….we’ll, almost.

Tuesday night, under the lights, at Fratton. It’s gonna be great!

This lot got walloped by Peterborough on Saturday, at home. We need to show that we’re back on track and steamrollering towards the championship, as champs.

It’s going to be interesting to see what the injury count is this week. It’s a bloody nightmare, ain’t it? Never mind ‘bare bones’, Harry wouldn’t have had a phrase to describe this season.

Need to get Moxon alongside Pack for this game. If MPH is going to play then it needs to be in a role more suited to him. 

A cautious 3-0 from me.
Never known a season like this for injuries.
Never mind bare bones, we're down to the marrow.
A must win, but I have said all along that the pressure will get to us at the business end. 

Portsmouth 1-1 Burton
I wonder how important a signing Lee Evans might turn out to be.
He reckons he could play 'some minutes' against Burton but going on how cautious Mous has been with other players returning from injury, I don't think he'll risk it.
We should have enough to see off Burton and then, hopefully, Evans will be okay for P'boro.
just imagine where we would have been with the previous big names on loan and also rans in the cups. Could have turned into a fight against relegation. The owners and recruitment team have done a superb job in upgrading us in so many ways now.
A midweek assessment opinion of the top 7.

Barnsley - Carlisle. Can't see anything but a Barnsley win here.
Derby - Reading.  Reading can be dangerous and can play a bit, an open game will suit them, not a forlorn hope, but Derby will probably win.
Pompey - Burton.  Burton in trouble scraping for their lives, tough game. Pompey should have too much to handle, win
Bolton - Oxford.  Oxford, desperate to maintain their play off chances. Very tough game for a hit or miss Bolton side.  Draw or Oxford win.

Peterborough - Stevenage.  Stevenage needs the points for the play-offs also, they're tough to beat. Peterborough have found some form pushing for autos, can they overcome a physical Stevenage.  Think not, a draw is most likely.

Saturday will be interesting also.
Derby - Bolton
Peterborough - Pompey
Yes there are some 6 pointers coming up, barnsley & derby look to be tasty clashes at Home, which I expect Pompey to win, while peterborough & bolton away may be critical matches in deciding who goes up automatically, a draw @ peterborough & @ bolton should end their ambitions, we are in the box seat, so its time to show some ruthlessness in our home games! I think we need another 16 points from the 27 available to be promoted / champions PUP
One for those games where we do everything but score for an hour, get one and the handbrake comes off.

2-0 Pompey
I imagine Lang will be out so PH will take his role unless we roll out Yengi and Bish together. Nixon will slot in with Pack. If Sparkes is also out do we go 3 at back or ask Swanson to play there?
Nixon??? Ex Presi???
(10-03-2024, 12:32 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Nixon??? Ex Presi???

I'd bring in Biden at CB. Slow but solid. Obama on the wing. Trump on the bench if we need someone to hoof everything upfield in the last minutes.
(10-03-2024, 01:10 PM)Cliff Portwood gave me a lift Wrote: [ -> ]

I'd bring in Biden at CB. Slow but solid. Obama on the wing. Trump on the bench if we need someone to hoof everything upfield in the last minutes.

And by last minutes, I mean of the world.

Put Truman up front- he's always ready to drop a couple on the opposition. Avoid Kennedy in goal- never good at stopping shots.
Against Burton I’m hoping MPH is nowhere near the team, Pack & Moxon for me. Unfortunately Ogs is out so we have no choice other than to play Sparkes ( unless he’s picked up a knock). If Lang is out i’d like to see ( but I doubt it would happen), is Colby slotting back into the number 10 role with Yengi up front. IMO Saydee is better coming off the bench as an impact player.
Hoover’s a good sweeper, and Clinton will try to stick one in the box.
In fairness to Nixon, he is good at bugging opponents.....
(10-03-2024, 03:51 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Sign up Carter, he’ll only cost peanuts.

We've already had one Jimmy Carter - about as successful as the peanut farmer...
He was just winging it.

Nah, Biden can’t stay on his feet without help from his minders.

Trump would be no good either, too busy fussing with his daft hairstyle.

Obama looks like he could be a bit nippy and do a job though  Big Grin .
The Big Beautiful Burton Bounceback Is Brewin
'The Big Beautiful Burton Bounceback Is Brewing.'

'Brewing' makes that one the best so far  Big Grin
Getting nervous for this game now.

Such fine margins as the seasons nears its end.

Win this and I think we will get over the finishing line for automatic promotion. I think 90 points will be enough. 

Anything but a win and I fear it's playoffs for us.

Our biggest games in years. I don't normally big individual games up but this game is season defining given the games that follow it.
(10-03-2024, 09:06 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Getting nervous for this game now.

Win this and I think we will get over the finishing line for automatic promotion. I think 90 points will be enough. 

Our biggest games in years. I don't normally big individual games up but this game is season defining given the games that follow it.

Rubbish, we have been good against the supposedly superior teams we still have to play.

It is not a must win game by any stretch.

I think we will win but I still think we’ll go up automatically even if we don’t win.

The teams that we have to play will be fearing playing us I reckon, you don’t get to be five points clear at the top by accident ffs.

I know you are just on a wind up but I had a couple of spare minutes and couldn’t resist replying  Big Grin .
"Anything but a win and I fear it's playoffs for us".

Alternatively:

"This team is finished.

Forget top 2.

The question is now whether this team can finish top 6".

What time is it now in New York?

It must be very boring there - you're on this board constantly.
(10-03-2024, 09:38 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2024, 09:06 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Getting nervous for this game now.

Rubbish, we have been good against the supposedly superior teams we still have to play.

It is not a must win game by any stretch.

I think we will win but I still think we’ll go up automatically even if we don’t win.

The teams that we have to play will be fearing playing us I reckon, you don’t get to be five points clear at the top by accident ffs.

I know you are just on a wind up but I had a couple of spare minutes and couldn’t resist replying  Big Grin .

We have got results v the top teams with a stronger squad available. 

We couldn't beat Blackpool or Charlton away recently so what hope do we have against Posh etc.

Look at things sensibly and not with your blue tinted specs on.

Our squad is much weaker now due to injuries and Burton is on paper our easiest game left. 

Tuesday night is very much a must win because with the personnel available I can't see wins against the teams at the top. If anything they'll be losses.
Pages: 1 2 3 4