TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Colby Bishop on his way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Embarrassing, but let's pull out all the stops for Hirst now on a permanent deal if Leicester will play ball.

We have the Harness money let's see if the owner's will contribute to get the deal over the line.

That will tell all of us how azmbitious they are for the club.
(18-07-2022, 07:00 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously need to look at our recruitment team. Complete fucking shambles. I think I'd be tempted to walk if I was the manager.

if he has gone, it confirms that we need to be looking harder for southern based players, Goes right back to cook's comments about lower league players being largely northern based.
(18-07-2022, 12:36 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Not celebrating hence I used ‘would’.

I don’t believe any rumours until confirmed by the OS!

Just as well since it looks like he’s going to Blackpool.
Taken from Tangerines fans forum:

Seems like Pompey had been in negotiations with him and Accy for a few days, today the going price (500k) gets leaked, we realize just how cheap it is, we put a bid in, make contact with him and his agent and he immediately cancels his medical at Pompey and prepares to join us.

Absolute shithousery from us

Seems like leaking the sale price sunk us. Can only be agent or journo. 
It's fine. We are signing Hirst, aren't we. Danny showed us his WhatsApps. We've been organised and fast moving since January to identify strikers so we definitely have someone even better lined up.
Fucking imbeciles, Pompey to a tee, if we wanted the lad, why fuck about, just get in there, get it done early. Surely the owners can afford a fucking overdraft and the eat what we kill policy doesn't extend to cashflow within a window, we have known since before the window even opened that we would flog Harness
(18-07-2022, 06:13 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]If this doesn't come off maybe Cowley should switch his attention to one of the Blackpool strikers because I'm sure Appleton would be happy to do busines on one of his six. Shane Lavery looks the best but Gary Madine looks more realistic.

And on another point, I wonder how much Jordan Cross' exclusive in The Snooze earlier today about him signing had to do with the deal falling through...

It had zero to do with an article in the news. Football transfers are a little more sophisticated than that.
(18-07-2022, 06:34 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]We are an embarrassingly run club.

Blackpool beating us to signings ffs.

We can do better than Bishop anyway.

Pompey are probably 5 times the size of Blackpool, he's only gone there for the money. Not the type of player I want playing for us.

5/10
Someone talked to Jordan Cross. Shoot them, not the messenger
(18-07-2022, 07:00 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously need to look at our recruitment team. Complete fucking shambles. I think I'd be tempted to walk if I was the manager.

What would you suggest they did differently? What did they do wrong exactly?
Dithered. Should have done it weeks ago
Glad he didn't come. Gone for more money to sit on their bench. Not the type of person we want.
(18-07-2022, 09:17 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Dithered. Should have done it weeks ago

Was he available weeks ago?
Yes he was
(18-07-2022, 05:20 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Stop being a cünt Cowes, you’re just speculating, it’s not fact. Yes Blackpool do seem the better bet especially as they’re in the Championship and Northern however it’s not over until the fat lady sings.

You were saying ?
(18-07-2022, 06:34 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]We are an embarrassingly run club.

Blackpool beating us to signings ffs.

We can do better than Bishop anyway.

Pompey are probably 5 times the size of Blackpool, he's only gone there for the money. Not the type of player I want playing for us.

No way are we bigger than Blackpool , they’re a championship clubbe and we’re a mid table league 1 club and sliding
We are hamstrung by our EWYK policy. We didn't have the 500k in the transfer kitty until we sold Harness. That has happened late in the day. Probably didn't help the situation.
(19-07-2022, 08:08 AM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]We are hamstrung by our EWYK policy. We didn't have the 500k in the transfer kitty until we sold Harness.  That has happened late in the day. Probably didn't help the situation.

Blackpool wouldn’t have been interested a month ago? I doubt that very much.

You can’t blame the owners for a player choosing a champ club far closer to home over us.

Amazing ambition by the club to so nearly get a player wanted by a champ club.
"Blackpool wouldn’t have been interested a month ago?"

Didn't say that (though if they were I'm sure they'd have established the selling price then themselves before rather than yesterday), but the earlier the setback the more time it gives you to make good the situation. Also, less pressure if it's done earlier when other clubs are also fishing in a bigger pool and and less chance of it going off the rails.

I think we can all agree that the easier the club make it to plan for the TW, the easier it is to get these deals done. There's less chance of scrabbling around with 10 days to go looking for a strike force.
(18-07-2022, 10:10 PM)Cowespompey Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-07-2022, 05:20 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Stop being a cünt Cowes, you’re just speculating, it’s not fact. Yes Blackpool do seem the better bet especially as they’re in the Championship and Northern however it’s not over until the fat lady sings.

You were saying ?

Yes! There is nowhere saying that Bishop has signed for Blackpool. I don’t have twatter but even so there’s nothing on the BBC’s transfer page or anywhere else.
Other than ( supposedly ) Andrew Moon saying he has,there appears to be nothing else. If you’ve got a link or proof please post it.
Still an Accy player, as we speak.
This is a slow torture for Pompey fans.  

But he still hasn't signed for Blackpool so maybe, just maybe, he is consdering which move is best for him. And having made the decision to come down here may still fancy doing just that.
TBF, if we do pull this one out the bag in the face of local, championship opposition it would be a job very well done.
(19-07-2022, 12:03 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]TBF, if we do pull this one out the bag in the face of local, championship opposition it would be a job very well done.

As I’ve said before Arry would have had him locked in the spare room until he signed. I just hope DC has been on the phone to him constantly.
He still hasn’t signed for Blackpool yet, so can’t be that easy a decision to go to Blackpool. I still think the possibilities of playing in front of nearly 20k and pushing for promotion then play a bit part for a club in the lower regions of the championship may just sway him to Pompey. Of course if they are offering much higher wages then I would not blame him at all considering he has been a late comer to the football league.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7