TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Colby Bishop on his way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Chris Wise just tweeted the following:

https://twitter.com/chriswisey/status/15...gr%5Etweet

Looks like we will finally get Bishop over the line this afternoon.
(21-07-2022, 11:38 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Chris Wise just tweeted the following:

https://twitter.com/chriswisey/status/15...gr%5Etweet

Looks like we will finally get Bishop over the line this afternoon.

Let's all hope this is now actually happening after so my twists & turns like an episode of Neighbours!
Waiting for the official club announcement with this one.
I might wait until I see him playing for us.
Once we get this saga done all we need now is another loan for Hayden Carter and we should be sorted.
and another striker and another winger
Good news…Colby Bishop has passed his medical. Confirmation of his signing due at some point this afternoon.
Bishop Colby sounds far more impressive.

God on our side. We’re going up!!!!!
(21-07-2022, 12:19 PM)tl73 Wrote: [ -> ]and another striker and another winger

We definitely need another winger if not two. Jayden Reid has unfortunately picked up another serious injury and is expected to be action for quite some time.
After this signing (fingers crossed)

Another central defender
Another Central midfielder
Another winger
Another attacking midfielder (for when Jacobs breaks down again)
Another striker

Mnoga,Mingi,Vincent - should probably go on loan til Xmas to get some proper mens game time & hope we get Hume fit
(21-07-2022, 12:57 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: [ -> ]After this signing fingers crossed

Another central defender
Another winger
Another striker

Mnoga,Mingi,Vincent - should probably go on loan til Xmas to get some proper mens game time

Yes, first XI looking pretty strong but very thin on the ground for when injuries and suspensions bite. I think a CB and attacking midfielder are the priorities. I don't really rate the Raggett Robertson partnership.
After this signing fingers crossed

Another central defender
Another winger
Another striker

Mnoga,Mingi,Vincent - should probably go on loan til Xmas to get some proper mens game time
(21-07-2022, 12:59 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-07-2022, 12:57 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: [ -> ]After this signing fingers crossed

Another central defender
Another winger
Another striker

Yes, first XI looking pretty strong but very thin on the ground for when injuries and suspensions bite. I think a CB and attacking midfielder are the priorities. I don't really rate the Raggett Robertson partnership.

I gotta say that I preferred Ogilvie to Robertson

Deebo

I hope he signs but I have to say at Leamington nothing much stuck out about him apart from his ears.

[Image: ?preset=square&greyscale=false]
His goals must have got your attention, there were plenty of them.
Hirst is coming too.

I can feel it.

Deebo

Yes one in three approx I believe. In a really dour direct side as well. Old Chubby Holleran the Brakes manager knows a diamond when he sees one.
Just over 1 in 2
(21-07-2022, 02:20 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: [ -> ]After this signing fingers crossed

Another central defender
Another winger
Another striker

Not sure why we need another central midfielder  - we've already got Pack, Morrell, Thompson, Tunnicliffe. Mingi. Jewitt-White & Bridgeman fighting for two places, or three at a stretch depending on the formation. 

Even if you only regard the first four of them as first teamers it is hard to accommodate them already, but the evidence of pre-season is that the other three are good enough to feature if necessary. . 

I can't see many more signings now, probably just centre back cover (Thomas?) and one more backup striker (the spurs lad?).  He wants a smallish squad - roughly two for each position - and that would give him that, with some youngsters who look increasingly ready not included in that. 

As long as the new keeper and new right-back are solid we have a very good looking squad - DC asked to be judged after three wndows and on paper I would say he has done well, they just need to do it on the pitch now.
A fast nippy type of striker was much mentioned, ideally one who can stay onside! That's the sort of young loan I would have thought can be found. Sounds like just the sort of player that Spurs have turned out down the years.
At last , we’ve pulled the Bishop.
https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2022...the-blues/
(21-07-2022, 03:04 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Hirst is coming too.

I can feel it.

Big Grin That made me laugh
(21-07-2022, 04:09 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]At last , we’ve pulled the Bishop.

Won't be long before someone's bashing him.
(21-07-2022, 04:09 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]At last , we’ve pulled the Bishop.

If he misses a few sitters, how long til we start bashing him?
Excellent.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7