TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Colby Bishop on his way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(20-07-2022, 09:29 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-07-2022, 09:15 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, wonder if there was something in his medical.

Maybe we’ll get our man after all.

Well we don’t want to sign a crock do we?

Papers are reporting that BP have another player in mind and maybe were using Bishop has a hurry up to get the other player - dirty tactics but has been known to happen
I didn’t realise medicals showed up bad attitudes ?
Maybe he turned out to be an untrustworthy little scrote, or perhaps his agent was pissing everybody about, who knows.
Cowley's comment about 'nothing should surprise him in football' suggests it was something out of order.
Hey ho move on...
(20-07-2022, 09:41 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I didn’t realise medicals showed up bad attitudes ?

Didn't you !
If he went down the pub before his medical I'd suggest that showed up a bad attitude
Maybe his missus thought Blackpool a shit hole and much preferred Somerstown by the sea.
If there is nothing wrong in the medical, we should probably still sign him. But he needs to send Danny a few hug emojis and maybe a sorry gif.
We should definitely still try to still him assuming the medical is ok. 

No-one can be criticised at all for choosing a championship opportunity, especially a local one, above a league one  side. Anyone with half an ounce of ambition would do that and we need players with the ambition to better themselves. He has proved he has got that, in fact you have got to feel sorry for him if Blackpool have mucked him about.  

Blackpool are the ones in the wrong here, not the player.
(20-07-2022, 10:31 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]We should definitely still try to still him assuming the medical is ok. 

No-one can be criticised at all for choosing a championship opportunity, especially a local one, above a league one  side. Anyone with half an ounce of ambition would do that and we need players with the ambition to better themselves. He has proved he has got that, in fact you have got to feel sorry for him if Blackpool have mucked him about.  

I have to agree with that. In addition, how he conducted himself at Accrington is the character reference I would use over what happened with Blackpool. He is a person that shows loyalty and puts the team first. He doesn't owe us any loyalty (yet).
We need a striker but we don't need one who made us 2nd choice!
(20-07-2022, 09:29 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-07-2022, 09:15 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting, wonder if there was something in his medical.

Maybe we’ll get our man after all.

Well we don’t want to sign a crock do we?

Depends if he is a crock, I didn’t say he was did I?
(20-07-2022, 10:36 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-07-2022, 10:31 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]We should definitely still try to still him assuming the medical is ok. 

I have to agree with that. In addition, how he conducted himself at Accrington is the character reference I would use over what happened with Blackpool. He is a person that shows loyalty and puts the team first. He doesn't owe us any loyalty (yet).

Look at Jacobs, he came back after being shafted, performed well and extended his contract
Can’t help thinking someone else in league 1 (Derby, Wed’s or MK Dons or Ipswich) are in for him now.
Either that or his agent got to greedy.
(20-07-2022, 10:57 AM)Dibdenblue Wrote: [ -> ]Can’t help thinking someone else in league 1 (Derby, Wed’s or MK Dons or Ipswich) are in for him now.
Either that or his agent got to greedy.

Why ? 

It's not impossible of course but he was on his way here before Blackpool intervened. 

And it wasn't anything to do with agent greed, they were offering the same as us.
Best thread I’ve read, for ages.

Rife with humour.

I find Deep agreeing with me, worryingly often.
The recruitment team have been given a second bite of the cherry. Its theirs to fuck up now. Let's see what happens.
It would be a massive kick in our bollocks if he chose another club over us now. In our position, at the risk of sounding like BJ, we need to get this done.
I'm sure they're up to the task, Peds.
But would we retract the comments abut not wanting him if he wanted to go somewhere else? I guess it also depends on his missus, it so often comes down to that.
I’ve got absolutely no issue with players who wish play higher up the leagues. I’d sooner they left us to do it, rather than another club who made money out of them.
(20-07-2022, 12:48 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]But would we retract the comments abut not wanting him if he wanted to go somewhere else? I guess it also depends on his missus, it so often comes down to that.

There has certainly been a change. Time was when a player would quite happily move the length of the country for an extra 10 bob a week, but now other issues come into it.
That coont Alan Nixon (reluctantnicko on Twatter) has reported the move for the Bishop is back on and should be tied up pretty quickly ....... we shall see.
Would be great if they could get it done. I wouldn't hold it against him but there are a few on here who love Bishop bashing.
Apparently we’re setting up a medical and he should be here by the weekend if he passes
Talk about a Transafer Saga this has all the ingredients.

He may have wanted a playing time guarantee or similar assuming he passed the medical.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7