TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Colby Bishop on his way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(21-07-2022, 04:13 PM)Rescue Dog Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-07-2022, 04:09 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]At last , we’ve pulled the Bishop.
https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2022...the-blues/

Won't be long before someone's bashing him.

yer beat me too it by a second or two!
3 more players and that should set us up.
1. Another CB ( would love Carter again).
2. A right winger / wide midfielder
3. Another striker - surprised we didn’t take Afolabi ( he’s now gone Forest Green).
We own a striker! Good to see it's a 3 year deal.
He hasnt played for a club anywhere near our size so we will see how he does.
Oh fück off scummer
Happy with the signing. Not so sure about that shirt.
(21-07-2022, 04:31 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]He hasnt played for a club anywhere near our size so we will see how he does.

He's been playing against the same opposition as he will be facing with us and done well. 

We could not have done much better than Pigott & Bishop in looking for players successful at our level.
(21-07-2022, 04:12 PM)Rescue Dog Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-07-2022, 03:04 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Hirst is coming too.

I can feel it.

Big Grin That made me laugh

I try.
It's good to see we once again have a representative of the House of Lords. Marquis gone but now we have a Bishop. Maybe we should sign Josh Earl from Fleetwood next.
Judging from the haircut I'd have thought Dominican Friar.....but pleasantly devoid of tattoos!
(21-07-2022, 03:46 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-07-2022, 02:20 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: [ -> ]After this signing fingers crossed

Another central defender
Another Central midfielder
Another winger
Another attacking midfielder (for when Jacobs breaks down again)
Another striker

Mnoga,Mingi,Vincent - should probably go on loan til Xmas to get some proper mens game time

Not sure why we need another central midfielder  - we've already got Pack, Morrell, Thompson, Tunnicliffe. Mingi. Jewitt-White & Bridgeman fighting for two places, or three at a stretch depending on the formation. 

Even if you only regard the first four of them as first teamers it is hard to accommodate them already, but the evidence of pre-season is that the other three are good enough to feature if necessary. . 

I can't see many more signings now, probably just centre back cover (Thomas?) and one more backup striker (the spurs lad?).  He wants a smallish squad - roughly two for each position - and that would give him that, with some youngsters who look increasingly ready not included in that. 

As long as the new keeper and new right-back are solid we have a very good looking squad - DC asked to be judged after three wndows and on paper I would say he has done well, they just need to do it on the pitch now.

I wasn’t impressed with what I saw of Tunnicliffe last season,Thompson needs to be ‘minute managed’ - the injury to Morrel highlights lack of depth in the engine room

Are the fringe/inexperienced players good enough - personally I haven’t got a scooby - if we want to just exist again in this division I reckon your correct BUT if we truely desire promotion we need more solid/experienced players in there
I think Mingi will be a squad player and is good defensive midfield cover. Vincent, J-W, Bridgeman, Gifford and Seaward will most probably be loaned out.
Interesting take from Michael Appleton on the Colby Bishop saga
https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport...te-3780109
(25-07-2022, 06:09 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting take from Michael Appleton on the Colby Bishop saga
https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport...te-3780109

I always thought Voldemort was a wrong ‘un…. Holding his counsel, the dirty bar steward
The player is with us and everyone is Appy except Appy who as usual just can not leave it alone whilst saying he will leave it alone!
The man is a serious narcissist.
No one really cares. We are all Appy with result
We are H.A.P.P.Y,
We are H.A.P.P.Y,
We're sure we are,
We know we are,
We are H.A.P.P.Y.

For now
We love C.O.L.B.Y
We love C.O.L.B.Y
I'm sure we do,
I know we do,
We love C.O.L.B.Y
Mmmm yeah, we could sing that and follow it with a mahoosive gay wave.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7