TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The January Window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(20-01-2024, 11:05 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-01-2024, 08:25 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Aaron Collins the latest name be it from a rumour Twitter page.

In the summer I would have called that nonsense but.

Just like with paddy lane young player of the season went off the boil then we signed him in January

Aaron Collins has done similar since winning young player of the season.

That might be the style of player we go after players that have done it and he smashed it last season

Aaron Coliins is 26 so if he ever won young player of the season it has been a long decline. 

Good player though, I'd be over the moon if we got him but not sure I see Rovers as a selling club at the moment.

Sorry meant league one player of the season
(20-01-2024, 03:29 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-01-2024, 11:03 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-01-2024, 03:28 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a distinct feeling this is all going to be Last Minute.com as in previous years.

Probably a couple of loans from Championship clubs & maybe one inexpensive purchase.

It's looking like Blackett-Taylor to Derby & Mason-Clark to Charlton.

Both are out of contract I'm pretty sure.

Mason-Clark is gong nowhere, under contract til 2025 and having a very successful season. No way would they sell hi
Well this says otherwise as Charlton offer accepted at £500K but the player has turned down Charlton's terms ( rather his agent No doubt ).
The Jonson Clarke-Harris saga - all you need to know about Charlton deal (londonworld.com)

You are mixing up your double-barreled names. Mason-Clark is the one who has replaced Clarke-Harris as their top scorer.
(20-01-2024, 04:25 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-01-2024, 03:29 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-01-2024, 11:03 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-01-2024, 03:28 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a distinct feeling this is all going to be Last Minute.com as in previous years.

Probably a couple of loans from Championship clubs & maybe one inexpensive purchase.

It's looking like Blackett-Taylor to Derby & Mason-Clark to Charlton.

Both are out of contract I'm pretty sure.

Mason-Clark is gong nowhere, under contract til 2025 and having a very successful season. No way would they sell hi
Well this says otherwise as Charlton offer accepted at £500K but the player has turned down Charlton's terms ( rather his agent No doubt ).
The Jonson Clarke-Harris saga - all you need to know about Charlton deal (londonworld.com)

You are mixing up your double-barreled names. Mason-Clark is the one who has replaced Clarke-Harris as their top scorer.
Apologies, Clarke- Harris is the one who wants the move.
Mous seemly confident of one a new face this week
Will Myles Peart-Harris be the last one in till deadline day. Still need a winger plus a centre back at least
(23-01-2024, 06:21 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Will Myles Peart-Harris be the last one in till deadline day. Still need a winger plus a centre back at least

Of course not, why would anyone think that ? We will get at least a centre-back and I'll be surprised if there is not a fourth player.
(23-01-2024, 12:53 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-01-2024, 06:21 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Will Myles Peart-Harris be the last one in till deadline day. Still need a winger plus a centre back at least

Of course not, why would anyone think that ? We will get at least a centre-back and I'll be surprised if there is not a fourth player.

I meant before the day not the end of the window as I will we make the rest of our signings on dead line day.
It simply isn't possible to be confident in your transfer dealing outcome when it isn't in your hands. Everything we are doing is contingent on other clubs being successful in their own endeavours and ensuring adequate cover. We aren't offering enough financial compensation to disrupt that.
(23-01-2024, 06:55 PM)slayer Wrote: [ -> ]It simply isn't possible to be confident in your transfer dealing outcome when it isn't in your hands. Everything we are doing is contingent on other clubs being successful in their own endeavours and ensuring adequate cover. We aren't offering enough financial compensation to disrupt that.
You may be right, but you don't know what money we have available and nor does anyone else on here. We seem to have two good recruits in the window so far, but time will tell. What we need more than anything is for the current squad to pull its finger out and get back to the way we were playing just a few weeks ago. Saturday will be a good test following another week on the training ground and having what looks like a fit and ready number 10. It's been said elsewhere, but we need more goals coming from midfield to support Bishop. Keep the faith brother - at least until midnight 31st ;-)
Nice to see we’re preparing a bid for Callum Lang. If successful that would would give us an attacking 3 with Lane on the left, P-H in the number 10 role and Lang on the right. Should be some goals amongst that lot?
Who he and what does it mean, ‘preparing a bid’? Haven’t they decided yet and how long does it take???
Rotherham and Derby supposedly interested. If he wants to stay further north then this will be a tough deal to land.
(24-01-2024, 01:08 PM)D'Alessandro dreaming Wrote: [ -> ]Rotherham and Derby supposedly interested. If he wants to stay further north then this will be a tough deal to land.

Rotherham must be favourites, as long as he liked playing for Leam Richardson.
I have a feeling we could be favourites. Rotherham are at the bottom of the championship fighting for survival, Derby have an abundance of attacking players so maybe Lang would have to fight for his place, whereas with us he’s only up against Whyte and Kamara ( who was originally borrowed to be a squad player).
We’ll just have to wait and see.
How’s his scoring/assist record?
Good according to the links
(24-01-2024, 01:50 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Good according to the links

Yes, nearly as good as Scully's at Lincoln.

Lang 26 goals 10 assists at Wigan in 88 games
Scully 37 goals 19 assists in 106 games
Let's try hard to get him signed before Saturday. Then just need a new CB.

Anyone know where we are there?
I'm sure its in hand,although I'd be surprised if it isn't a loan signing.
(24-01-2024, 02:01 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Let's try hard to get him signed before Saturday. Then just need a new CB.

Anyone know where we are there?

Waiting to see if Ipswich let Edmundson go perhaps ... which will hang on how far Australia go in the Asia Cup. Can't see that being settled within the window though, so probably moved on to plan B by now.

Just trying to provoke debate from the masses  Smile 

Cheers for posting the links.
(24-01-2024, 02:00 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, nearly as good as Scully's at Lincoln.

Lang  26 goals 10 assists at Wigan in 88 games
Scully 37 goals 19 assists in 106 games

Jeez didn't know Scully stats. Let's get him fit and playing ffs
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11