TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The January Window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(23-12-2023, 07:00 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Your opinion is based on what you saw?

Did you think Devlin and Towler performance was consistent with their previous performances?

What I heard from the radio commentary as you know & both were dreadful along with Schofield.

I may be judging them slightly harshly but i'm sure anyone who actually went to the game would agree.

Both will come good I'm sure but this was a chance to push for a regular starting spot & both were short.

As for Schofield if Norris gets injured we have a major problem.

I'm sure JM knows what he needs in the transfer window with oriority being a top quality CB.
Did you see Robertsons performance today? Should we replace him too?

Lane was very ordinary too. I’m sure you’d agree.
(23-12-2023, 08:46 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Did you see Robertsons performance today? Should we replace him too?

We need to buy our own number 10 so we can move Robertson back next to pack he’s far more effective in a deeper role!
(24-12-2023, 02:52 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-12-2023, 08:46 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Did you see Robertsons performance today? Should we replace him too?

We need to buy our own number 10 so we can move Robertson back next to pack he’s far more effective in a deeper role!

The trouble with that is Morrell is also one of our best players.

No I didn't as you well know but from listening to Guy & Andy he had a decent game.

He needs to start scoring if he's playing the No.10 role though.

Lane didn't get into the game again from the online commentary.

The team had an off day & JM should have given Yengi 20 minutes.

No reason why he didn't go 2 up front Fleetwood did as they saw a chance to take all 3 points.
Robertson produced some very classy moments but he also wasted some opportunities with very poor control. He was rightly subbed.

So the team had an off day? Isn’t that what the ‘reserves’ had too? So how do you determine who is (or isn’t) good enough to play for Portsmouth?

Devlin still made the bench, btw. Do you think Mousinho agrees with your assessment of him?
First rumour George Edmundson from Ipswich.

Would love us to see how much reading need money and try and get Femi Azeez in on the cheap.
Good news for a defender reinforcement.
We now need something to pep up the front half and give the youngsters some weeks off, they look shattered.
With the tail off of form this year. I believe this is the biggest transfer window for the owners. We can’t have another season just collapse.

Centre back
Winger maybe even 2
A proper attacking midfielder
2nd choice keeper

George Edmundson Would be a good start.

Cory Blackett Taylor (6months left on deal) or Femi Azeeze both got good stats this season

Take the gamble on josh stokes behind bishop

Desperate for that directness of a winger that can take on his man but also run in behind.

As all we seem to do at the moment is play it long to bishop
Jake Livermore - Watford - Midfielder was mentioned on Solent but was supposedly on £20K/Wk. That's totally out of our reach but possibly on loan. Josh Stokes is a good call as well having seen him in the F.A.Cup game.
But we don’t need another central midfielder unless it’s a number 10. It’s obvious we need a back up CB and at least another right back, a striker and maybe a better back up keeper.
(02-01-2024, 05:31 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]But we don’t need another central midfielder unless it’s a number 10. It’s obvious we need a back up CB and at least another right back, a striker and maybe a better back up keeper.

Centre midfielder we are fine need that out and out 10 

Josh stokes would be a gamble that could pay off 
But Dan kemp would be a good signing.
I've seen suggestions we should sign Matt Macey. Would clearly be an upgrade on Schofield but is very unlikely to come and be our number 2 goalie.
Yesterday’s result and Robertson’s injury now makes this an even bigger window think the eisners will spend some money now 3rd time we’ve been top at Christmas they can’t afford us to not go up.

We need a pace/powerful winger someone like Blackett-Taylor

Number 10 like Dan Kemp would be also good to get his Swindon strike partner young

Centreback unfortunately edmondson Has got back in the Ipswich team.

Then look at a back up keeper
This is looking like our most crucila transfer window in eight years. Mousinho was saying he's happy with our striking options but I'm not. I don't know who Dan Kemp is but I wish we had Dave Kemp.
(07-01-2024, 07:44 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]This is looking like our most crucila transfer window in eight years. Mousinho was saying he's happy with our striking options but I'm not. I don't know who Dan Kemp is but I wish we had Dave Kemp.

Was on loan at Swindon from mk dons for the 1st half of the season attacking midfielder 14 goals 8 assists in 25 games in league 2
(07-01-2024, 07:26 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday’s result and Robertson’s injury now makes this an even bigger window think the eisners will spend some money now 3rd time we’ve been top at Christmas they can’t afford us to not go up.

We need a pace/powerful winger someone like Blackett-Taylor

Number 10 like Dan Kemp would be also good to get his Swindon strike partner young

Centreback unfortunately edmondson Has got back in the Ipswich team.

Then look at a back up keeper

All agreed we need 4 players.

Charlton may let Blackett - Taylor go to release funds to buy Clark-Harris from Peterborough who is rated at £800K it appears.

Don't know Dan Kemp buy if he can play the No.10 role & score goals then let's go for him.

Centre Back is paramount as both Shaughnessy & Raggett look dodgy at times so need someone to give them confidence.

Back up keeper definitely as Schofield Not up to it.

Down to the Eisners to come up with some cash though which is the acid test whether they want promotion or not.
When has Raggett looked dodgy? One of our most consistent performers since he came in.

I don’t recall Guy saying anything but positive things about Raggett so I can’t possibly see how you personally could judge.
If any of the defenders need a break, it seems like Shocknessy right now.
Happily with only one game a week for a month and more, we can expect the players who have started every game to be able to recover a little energy.
We expect a huge amount of the defenders
They keep more clean sheets than anyone else in all four leagues. But are also expected to pass like Beckham, run up and down the wings like Vince Hilaire and provide more assists than Stanley Matthews. Not to mention scoring more goals from corners than the strikers.
The deep midfield do a very good job of protecting the back four but having two in midfield who only pass short and provide little goal threat put a lot on the number ten. Currently our number ten (whoever it is) provides little or no threat to goal.
So that puts a huge load on Bishop and two very young wingers.
So priority as for the last decade or so, is a number ten who can get into double figures over the season.
Lot of people saying we need a number 10, I agree. However, looking at ground Bishop covers, his knock ons, passing, and of course goals, could he not become our goal scoring number 10 with a new striker in front of him? There seem more strikers available than number 10s in the window and once Yengi is back, he could also compete for the striker role.
I also agree need for a central defender who can also bring the ball out of the defence but they are very thin on the ground.
As for a new goalkeeper, again I agree but why not use Toby Steward? He is 19 now and should be given his chance to compete with Norris.
Where is Olyuawemi? Apologies if the spelling is miles off!!! Talking of players who are thin on the ground... Peter Crouch was!!
(07-01-2024, 01:28 PM)wjd Wrote: [ -> ]Lot of people saying we need a number 10, I agree. However, looking at ground Bishop covers, his knock ons, passing, and of course goals, could he not become our goal scoring number 10 with a new striker in front of him? There seem more strikers available than number 10s in the window and once Yengi is back, he could also compete for the striker role.
I also agree need for a central defender who can also bring the ball out of the defence but they are very thin on the ground.
As for a new goalkeeper, again I agree but why not use Toby Steward? He is 19 now and should be given his chance to compete with Norris.

I think bishop deeper would work with someone like Freddie ladapo in front of him
(07-01-2024, 01:30 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Where is Olyuawemi? Apologies if the spelling is miles off!!! Talking of players who are thin on the ground... Peter Crouch was!!

He was at Chelmsford but has now returned to us because he has a finger injury.
(07-01-2024, 01:33 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-01-2024, 01:30 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Where is Olyuawemi? Apologies if the spelling is miles off!!! Talking of players who are thin on the ground... Peter Crouch was!!

He was at Chelmsford but has now returned to us because he has a finger injury.

a broken thumb I think
which is a nasty injury, must take a while to heal before a keeper can block shots with it with confidence
Raised the Edmundson rumour with Ipswich supporting relatives this weekend. Was laughed out of the room for it, told he started last week and plays regularly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11