TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The January Window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(09-01-2024, 05:51 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]If Ogilvie is fit, we don’t need a CB.

Does that make it generally disagreed that we need four players?

He's Not really a CB though is he?

But can play in most defensive positions.

3 players I believe is what they're looking at + a couple of youngsters to develop.
(09-01-2024, 11:35 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2024, 10:20 AM)South Coast steve Wrote: [ -> ]With regards to our resale policy,apart from Lane and Bishop we wouldn't get much of a fee for anyone

Norris, Poole , Shaughnessy, Raggett,  Morrell, Devlin and Saydee would all be worth a decent fee if sold at the right end of their contract. Certainly more than we paid for them.  I think Hume is probably the only one we have lost money on, and I think we paid a fee for Scully, which could go either way.

Nothing for Norris, Saydee, Devlin.. Minimal fee for Ragget.
(09-01-2024, 04:33 PM)South Coast steve Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2024, 11:35 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2024, 10:20 AM)South Coast steve Wrote: [ -> ]With regards to our resale policy,apart from Lane and Bishop we wouldn't get much of a fee for anyone

Norris, Poole , Shaughnessy, Raggett,  Morrell, Devlin and Saydee would all be worth a decent fee if sold at the right end of their contract. Certainly more than we paid for them.  I think Hume is probably the only one we have lost money on, and I think we paid a fee for Scully, which could go either way.

Nothing for Norris, Saydee, Devlin.. Minimal fee for Ragget.

We paid fees for those three, and none of them will have gone down in value. Norris has the best clean sheet record in the league, devlin now has league experience under his belt and started to prove his potential, and Saydee has established a certain reputation that will not have done his value any harm.
Steve, r u 4 real or another WUM? Nothing for an excellent league 1 keeper or a young international? Saydee would also command some sort of fee. Come on
(09-01-2024, 03:59 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2024, 12:32 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Would this thread be the same as the other transfer threads. Why start a new one?

https://forum.truebluearmy.com/showthread.php?tid=3623

It was a slow news day & everyone was feeling down after the Cheltenham result.

Are you the board editor and moral manager now? Heaven help us.
(09-01-2024, 05:34 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Steve, r u 4 real or another WUM? Nothing for an excellent league 1 keeper or a young international? Saydee would also command some sort of fee. Come on

I don't think that they are good enough for the championship and not many league one teams pay fees these days.
For a top 2 finish we need the following:

- better back up keeper
- a quality centre back
- a quality striker, like Clarke harris
- someone as good as Robertson in midfield
- pacy winger, someone in the mould of poku or Mason Clark at Peterborough

Get those 5 and we have a good chance of top 2.
I thought this was a thread about Mousinho, fast forwarded in about 5 games time.
(09-01-2024, 04:02 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2024, 05:51 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]If Ogilvie is fit, we don’t need a CB.

3 players I believe is what they're looking at + a couple of youngsters to develop.

Of course he’s a centre back. He’s said himself (when he stepped into that position for us) that he had played in that position for Gillingham, I thought you’d know that! 

He also happens to be a very good left back.
(09-01-2024, 05:35 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2024, 03:59 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2024, 12:32 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Would this thread be the same as the other transfer threads. Why start a new one?

https://forum.truebluearmy.com/showthread.php?tid=3623

It was a slow news day & everyone was feeling down after the Cheltenham result.

Are you the board editor and moral manager now? Heaven help us.

Yes, both so No more swearing on here & be polite to all posters please!
(09-01-2024, 09:02 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

Of course he’s a centre back. He’s said himself (when he stepped into that position for us) that he had played in that position for Gillingham, I thought you’d know that! 

Apologies Cunni Not checked Wikipedia recently . Prefer him as anadventutous left back who can tackle & cross a decent ball.
(10-01-2024, 10:04 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Apologies Cunni Not checked Wikipedia recently . Prefer him as anadventutous left back who can tackle & cross a decent ball.
Im actually referring to his performances for us as a central defender and what the player himself has stated.

I’m not sure he would totally agree with your last sentence either, Mikey.
He hasn't said he is a a centre back first and left back second has he ? Just that he can play at centre back.

He is a left back who can cover at centre back very effectively, but he has played 90+% of his career at left back.
Quite correct but I’m not sure what your point is.
(11-01-2024, 05:42 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2024, 10:04 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Im actually referring to his performances for us as a central defender and what the player himself has stated.

I’m not sure he would totally agree with your last sentence either, Mikey.
It appears that JM thinks that LB is his best position & as he sees him every day in training I'd go with his team selection.

But obviously he's also a back up CB in case of emergency.
(11-01-2024, 10:21 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]He hasn't said he is a a centre back first and left back second has he ? Just that he can play at centre back.

He is a left back who can cover at centre back very effectively, but he has played 90+% of his career at left back.

Exactly DP that is the point. 

He's very versatile but as most can see including the manager when fit he's an outstanding LB.
Have we got a problem on the left side?
Haven't seen anyone mention Andy Ritchie yet.
(12-01-2024, 11:57 AM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't seen anyone mention Andy Ritchie yet.

Do you mean Matt 
Ritchie? I suspect with Newcastle’s injuries & wages it would be a non starter
Rumours, Twitter, Load of Bollocks and signings.
Whilst we’re waiting for confirmation from the club for Macey. Who else have we been linked with - falsely or otherwise.
George Byers
Jake Young 
Tommy Leigh
George Edmundson
Ronan Hale
And lately Peart- Harris.
 Anymore?
(12-01-2024, 01:53 PM)Maddog56 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2024, 11:57 AM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't seen anyone mention Andy Ritchie yet.

Do you mean Matt 
Ritchie? I suspect with Newcastle’s injuries & wages it would be a non starter

Andy Ritchie would be ideal 20 years ago!

Matt would be good now as a local lad as I recall?

On loan with the Magpies paying most of his wages as they need to get players off their books urgently.

Only, if it's currently fit though.
(11-01-2024, 06:47 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Have we got a problem on the left side?

We could have if Sparkes gets injured. Hume looks like on his way .
Don’t think the Arabs worry much about money
Ogilvie is back training
(12-01-2024, 01:55 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Oops forgot about Cunnys Transfer thread. ( thick emoji).

Yours is better than mine. Less bollocks.

Still time Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11