TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The January Window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
He's missing Delia's cooking. Give him a week or two at home.
Kamara tries. Whyte doesn’t. Josh Martin is no better than me and I’m 60. What the F… have we signed him for?
Some money needs to be spent or this season is just going to fall away. The players need a boast as well. 3 big players is probably all we need

Blacket-Taylor the pace and physicality he has

Maybe Clarke-Harris same adds physicality probably could do well with bishop (change in formation though. Or lapado just for the added pace

And a decent centre back we won’t be getting edmondson as he’s back playing at Ipswich.

Been linked with Myles Peart-Harris don’t know much about him but made 3 prem appearances this season so would surprise me if he came down to league one.
Are we only interested in double-barrelled players?
(14-01-2024, 05:43 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Some money needs to be spent or this season is just going to fall away. The players need a boast as well. 3 big players is probably all we need

Maybe Clarke-Harris same adds physicality probably could do well with bishop (change in formation though. Or lapado just for the added pace

And a decent centre back we won’t be getting edmondson as he’s back playing at Ipswich.

Been linked with Myles Peart-Harris don’t know much about him but made 3 prem appearances this season so would surprise me if he came down to league one.

Agreed with good experience.

B-T & C-H are both available at a price.
P-H sounds exactly what we need an attacking midfielder on Loan.
Centre Back is the difficult one & was going to suggest Matt Clark on loan but Boro look like they need him now.

This will test the resolve of the owners who have done everything on the cheap & has worked for most of the season.

But mounting injuries have tested the squad with No strength in depth.

Make the right signings now & make the manager realise he has to be flexible in his formations.

We can still do it but can't afford to dither around or it's another mid-table finish.
(14-01-2024, 05:43 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Some money needs to be spent or this season is just going to fall away. The players need a boast as well. 3 big players is probably all we need

We need Lapado for our alternative names squad! Big Grin
(14-01-2024, 09:33 AM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]Are we only interested in double-barrelled players?

Yes we-are.
Freddie Ladapo said to be available.
Would be perfect for us.
Strong, quick, good touch and knows where the goal is.
Agreed
Peart-Harris may just be a journos lazy assumption because of the Richard Hughes connection but if there is anything in it he didn't look anything near Robertson level when he was at Forest Green last year, and I can't help thinking  he will suffer from being compared to Robertson if we got him on loan now. 

Actually, that is going to be a problem for whoever we replace him with.
Well Robertson wasn’t playing that well before he got injured anyway, so I don’t believe that’s an issue.

I’d like to see if a fit Lowery could do the job.
We really should be exploiting Readings mess.

Lewis wing, femi azeez, Sam smith, Harvey knibbs and even Charlie savage (maybe more for the future this one) would all improve the squad and probably not cost the earth.
Spot on Daniel. One of their CBs has just been sold - Tom Holmes to Luton without the manager's knowledge it seems. The deal is he will then be loaned back to Reading for the rest of the season.

It seems that all their players are available including Lewis Wing who they got on a free from Wycombe in August. I can't believe Pompey didn't try to sign him unless it was wages. Let's make that phone call & grab him asap.
RH has stated they are after 3 players: CB, Attack Mid, Winger which we've all identified.
All he needs to do now is get in there before our competitors!
(14-01-2024, 09:47 AM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Agreed with good experience.

B-T & C-H are both available at a price.
P-H sounds exactly what we need an attacking midfielder on Loan.
Centre Back is the difficult one & was going to suggest Matt Clark on loan but Boro look like they need him now.

This will test the resolve of the owners who have done everything on the cheap & has worked for most of the season.

But mounting injuries have tested the squad with No strength in depth.

Make the right signings now & make the manager realise he has to be flexible in his formations.

We can still do it but can't afford to dither around or it's another mid-table finish.
Could do worse than get Jack Whatmough back on a loan deal. He has hardly been picked to play this season. Appreciate there is an elemeny of risk but he has not had much in the way of injuries since leaving us.
Whatmough was injured for a chunk of the first half of the season (hamstring) and is injured again now. He has played regularly when fit so no reason to think they would let him go out on loan even if he was fit.
(15-01-2024, 06:08 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Spot on Daniel. One of their CBs has just been sold - Tom Holmes to Luton without the manager's knowledge it seems. The deal is he will then be loaned back to Reading for the rest of the season.

It seems that all their players are available including Lewis Wing who they got on a free from Wycombe in August. I can't believe Pompey didn't try to sign him unless it was wages. Let's make that phone call & grab him asap.
RH has stated they are after 3 players: CB, Attack Mid, Winger which we've all identified.
All he needs to do now is get in there before our competitors!

We must be after a striker, if not it's sheer incompetence.
We have 3 strikers already though: saydee, bish, yengi

Unless the moose wants to play 2 up top that's enough strikers. The focus should be on plugging the dodgy defence and sorting out how to feed the striker to get the goals flowing again. 

We need a plan for teams who want to play counter-attacking tactics against us because its the easiest way to beat us currently.
Saydee isn't a striker of any description and Yengi is away. Of course we need a striker.
Bishop & Saydee are too similar - both fine at hold up play, but neither have any pace.  Bishop can at least put the ball in the net sometimes- Saydee can't.

We need a highly mobile attacking central midfielder/wide player who has an eye for goal.

Martin & Whyte aren't up to this level - Jury is out on Scully until he proves he is over his injury worries. Lane is fine but erratic - Kamara should be his understudy.

Is it worth giving Devlin & Lowery  decent  runs  in the No 10 role until we have a replacement?
Failure to beat Fleetwood and the others winning will see us slip out of promotion places. The lack of goals recently is a huge concern. I hope we have bids in for established players and are not relying on loans for youngsters. The window has been open for 2.5 weeks and so far we haven't addressed the main issues. I have concerns that this will be another shit January window but attempting to trust the process.
(16-01-2024, 04:27 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]We have 3 strikers already though: saydee, bish, yengi

Unless the moose wants to play 2 up top that's enough strikers. The focus should be on plugging the dodgy defence and sorting out how to feed the striker to get the goals flowing again. 

We need a plan for teams who want to play counter-attacking tactics against us because its the easiest way to beat us currently.

You're not seriously suggesting that we rely on saydee as a striker are you?
Agree with the above.

We cannot rely on Saydee, he hasn't scored a league goal and doesn't look like scoring. He has some other attributes but ultimately he needs to be scoring. We need a striker of real quality brought in to score goals.

Still a couple of weeks left in the window but I share the concerns that this will be a very dissapointing transfer window.

Let's hope we get some real quality in ASAP.
It doesn’t matter who the striker is (we’ve already got one of the best in the league), if they don’t get service then they aren’t going to score many.
Whoever we put in the ten position, not one of ours can score goals with any regularity or shoot from outside the box.
That would be as ever our number one need.
(15-01-2024, 11:43 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Well Robertson wasn’t playing that well before he got injured anyway, so I don’t believe that’s an issue.

I’d like to see if a fit Lowery could do the job.

Tommy Lowery, he’s the man for me, he plays in blue and white, he’s fucking dynamite…

Hopefully he can spark a resurgence, would be excellent if he could
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11