TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The January Window
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
lol as you say , still time.
Macey signing confirmed
Josh Martin signed as well. I am amazed by this one. He has looked a bit of a nothing and another winger felt to me like the last thing we needed. Am I at odds with the general view on this one?
(12-01-2024, 02:10 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2024, 01:53 PM)Maddog56 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2024, 11:57 AM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]Haven't seen anyone mention Andy Ritchie yet.

Do you mean Matt 
Ritchie? I suspect with Newcastle’s injuries & wages it would be a non starter

Andy Ritchie would be ideal 20 years ago!

Not convinced a 43 year old Andy Ritchie would be much improvement on what we have now tbh.
This transfer window is one of the biggest in our history.

We have to go up this season.

A lot of people won't stomach an 8th season in league one next season. Failure to go up this season and crowds will dip next season for sure.

It's a gigantic window for the club.
(12-01-2024, 06:02 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Josh Martin signed as well. I am amazed by this one. He has looked a bit of a nothing and another winger felt to me like the last thing we needed. Am I at odds with the general view on this one?

No you're not. I thought he might actually have been released. I'm presuming he's cheap wages.
(12-01-2024, 07:07 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]This transfer window is one of the biggest in our history.

A lot of people won't stomach an 8th season in league one next season. Failure to go up this season and crowds will dip next season for sure.

What I love? about you Tit/BA is your certainty about everything. Everything is "We will", "We Won't", "We are not", "For Sure". The majority of posters on here say things like IMO or the likes but it is your arrogant assertions leaving no doubts that wind people up on here. WUM!
(12-01-2024, 07:21 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2024, 07:07 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]This transfer window is one of the biggest in our history.

What I love? about you Tit/BA is your certainty about everything. Everything is "We will", "We Won't", "We are not", "For Sure". The majority of posters on here say things like IMO or the likes but it is your arrogant assertions leaving no doubts that wind people up on here. WUM!

If you really believe crowds will hold up next season if we are in league one again then you are wrong. No doubt about it.

Have you checked the official ticketing site the last few days?

There's been comfortably more season ticket holders putting their seat up for sale for the next game than any other point of the season. I haven't seen so many put their ticket or tickets up for sale since the club introduced the resale platform. After some poor results we are still top too. People are fed up with recent results and can see us blowing it.

Going up is absolutely vital for our future.
(12-01-2024, 07:11 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2024, 06:02 PM)FiftyYearsOn Wrote: [ -> ]Josh Martin signed as well. I am amazed by this one. He has looked a bit of a nothing and another winger felt to me like the last thing we needed. Am I at odds with the general view on this one?

No you're not. I thought he might actually have been released. I'm presuming he's cheap wages.

My Norwich bro in law reckons he’ll come good.  Not convinced, but have to see.  He was right about Abu.
(12-01-2024, 07:26 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2024, 07:21 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]

If you really believe crowds will hold up next season if we are in league one again then you are wrong. No doubt about it.

Have you checked the official ticketing site the last few days?

There's been comfortably more season ticket holders putting their seat up for sale for the next game than any other point of the season. I haven't seen so many put their ticket or tickets up for sale since the club introduced the resale platform. After some poor results we are still top too. People are fed up with recent results and can see us blowing it.

Going up is absolutely vital for our future.

It’s Orient, ffs, and dry January (for some).
They haven’t gone down after 7 seasons so absolutely no reason to believe they will after 8.
(12-01-2024, 07:52 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]They haven’t gone down after 7 seasons so absolutely no reason to believe they will after 8.

They will if we don't go up. Fact.
(12-01-2024, 07:53 PM)TitchfieldBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2024, 07:52 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]They haven’t gone down after 7 seasons so absolutely no reason to believe they will after 8.

Disagree Titchy..if we are fighting for promotion we will get the same sort of attendances .More likely to go down if we are rooted near the bottom of the championship.Those of us who attended in the early nineties will remember very small home crowds at the wrong end of the championship.FACT
(12-01-2024, 07:32 PM)TiHKAL Wrote: [ -> ]

My Norwich bro in law reckons he’ll come good.  Not convinced, but have to see.  He was right about Abu.
He thought Kamara had no end product?
(12-01-2024, 08:17 PM)Yobster1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Disagree Titchy..if we are fighting for promotion we will get the same sort of attendances .More likely to go down if we are rooted near the bottom of the championship.Those of us who attended in the early nineties will remember very small home crowds at the wrong end of the championship.FACT
Either we'll go up or we won't. But we'll still (most of us) be supporting the club next season either way. Fact. And if I say that's a fact, then it's a fact. Fact.
Unless ST holders are intending buying again next season, I would have thought they are unlikely to put their ticket up for resale.
Those who join in Pompey Til I die will be back in whatever league.
We can all see the club getting steadily stronger in all areas, eventually promotion will happen.
(12-01-2024, 10:50 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2024, 08:17 PM)Yobster1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Either we'll go up or we won't. But we'll still (most of us) be supporting the club next season either way. Fact. And if I say that's a fact, then it's a fact. Fact.
Yep and it won’t be the end of the world.

I quite like div 1 football but then I would like Championship football too. I just like watching Pompey play football.
So, we were looking for further striker options anyway and now we’re looking for a possible replacement for Robbo.

Who’s it going to be, a loan or a permanent signing? I’d favour the latter.

Robertson wasn’t our player anyway and a loan is more likely and probably the cheaper option but a loan player is almost certainly going to be a young player trying to improve or a fringe squad player who is ring rusty.

No easy choices.
Overall, underwhelmed so far and getting concerned at the half way point of the window.

I know it's a ransom market in January but are we going to undervalue our league position and be too stubborn again?

Martin is a strange signing. In my book he failed his audition.

I have zero faith in Lowery staying fit.

We need some more Rich Hughes magic!
Martin is the most bizarre signing. He was brought in to cover injuries to Scully and Anjorin. Scully is back and we seem to have enough cover on both wings. I really saw nothing in Martin to give any confidence that he’ll improve. I’d sooner keep Hume than take on Martin.
(12-01-2024, 08:36 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

Bit harsh? Actually that he was a promising 19 year old and has a lot of potential.  They (N'aaarch)  rate him.  I'd rather he was in the current team than not.
(13-01-2024, 10:14 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Martin is the most bizarre signing. He was brought in to cover injuries to Scully and Anjorin. Scully is back and we seem to have enough cover on both wings. I really saw nothing in Martin to give any confidence that he’ll improve. I’d sooner keep Hume than take on Martin.

It's definitely a strange one. He came into the squad with absolutely no match fitness and we've got no B/reserve team structure to give him that. Where is his game time going to come from?
He shows promise but what has he actually produced? He gets into great positions and then fluffs it. I really want him to do well but then I wanted Dale to finish what he started and succeed too. I believe Kamara is a better player than Dale but ultimately he’s not achieving much more. 4 missed one on one chances are pissing me right off!!
(13-01-2024, 08:45 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]So, we were looking for further striker options anyway and now we’re looking for a possible replacement for Robbo.

Who’s it going to be, a loan or a permanent signing? I’d favour the latter.

Robertson wasn’t our player anyway and a loan is more likely and probably the cheaper option but a loan player is almost certainly going to be a young player trying to improve or a fringe squad player who is ring rusty.

No easy choices.

Yes, & a CB probably on loan.
(13-01-2024, 01:17 PM)TiHKAL Wrote: [ -> ]

Bit harsh? Actually that he was a promising 19 year old and has a lot of potential.  They (N'aaarch)  rate him.  I'd rather he was in the current team than not.
I’d rather he was in the bench
(13-01-2024, 05:36 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-01-2024, 01:17 PM)TiHKAL Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2024, 07:11 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]No you're not. I thought he might actually have been released. I'm presuming he's cheap wages.

I’d rather he was in the bench
Whose?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11